All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I based my comments off of several of your posts which seem to indicate that you think the Wild Card bids cheapen the competition and allow anyone to go and therefore make it not about the best of the best. The bottom line is, the overwhelming majority of WC recipients won't make it to day 2 at all, so I really don't understand what you're attempting to say. It's still just as hard to get a bid that will actually allow you to compete with the top teams. Less than 3% of all the teams that attended NCA walked away with a summit bid. how is that not exclusive? I would definitely encourage you to talk to your gym about possibly declining a bid in the future if you feel it is a waste of your time and/or money.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, when you say its best of the best and you almost double the number of teams in a year that participate to me that doesn't ring true to its original intention. My guess is very shortly you will see two Summits one Small Gym one Large Gym. As long as parents are willing to pay they will keep adding teams. If you build it they will come. As far as going the trip goes it is already paid for.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, when you say its best of the best and you almost double the number of teams in a year that participate to me that doesn't ring true to its original intention. My guess is very shortly you will see two Summits one Small Gym one Large Gym. As long as parents are willing to pay they will keep adding teams. If you build it they will come. As far as going the trip goes it is already paid for.

This has already happened. A small gym Summit is happening next year in Tampa, Florida.

Varsity All Star - The National Small Program Championship

If you're talking about Twinkles which is Y5, since it was a Twinkle parent saying they weren't going, I'm pretty sure they were never planning on going whether they got a bid or not, unless maybe it was paid. They earned an at large bid like twice last year and still didn't go. Just because they were handed a bid doesn't mean they have to go, it's not like they asked for the bid. I can see why it doesn't make sense to go to the Summit since UCA had already been on their schedule and paid for and its expensive to go to Disney multiple times a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But in order to get a bid, don't you have to declare your team for one?
Our coaches never declared us since there was no intention of going, therefore, we never received any type of bid.

But in order to get a bid, don't you have to declare your team for one?
Our coaches never declared us since there was no intention of going, therefore, we never received any type of bid.

No. Varsity gave every team that competed as a y5 at some point in the season at-large Summit bids.

Also, not everyone thinks that the Summit is the end-all-be-all of competitions. We have turned down multiple Summit bids because the team voted not to go (or outscored teams who opted in to the Summit system). Cost, time of year, and "mouse fatigue" are often given as reasons for votes against it. We like Varsity Brands as a vendor and will continue to write several astonishingly huge checks to them every year, but that doesn't mean we necessarily devote our entire season to chasing bids for their particular end-of-year event. (We don't do that for Worlds bids either.) Some of the Varsity events (NCA) are absolute must-attend events for us, but other Varsity events don't have nearly the same cost/value ratio for us.

At the end of the day, however, if our teams/athletes really want to spend their time/energy/money going for Summit bids, we will do it. We probably aren't going to try to sway them in that direction, though.

edit: 2015 NCA may not be the best example of value, but it will take more than 1 off year to change our mind.

Edit: I would absolutely agree that Summit is a brilliant marketing scheme to get more teams to attend Varsity events. That has to be viewed as a huge home-run for them. They surely make money on the event itself, but I would guess the real money is in their ability to charge more /get higher attendance for bid events.

Last edited:
Also, not everyone thinks that the Summit is the end-all-be-all of competitions. We have turned down multiple Summit bids because the team voted not to go (or outscored teams who opted in to the Summit system). Cost, time of year, and general "mouse fatigue" are often given as reasons by people who vote against it. We like Varsity Brands generally and write many huge checks to them every year, but that doesn't mean we necessarily devote our entire season to chasing bids for their particular end-of-year event. (We don't do that for Worlds bids either.) Some of the Varsity events (NCA) are absolute must-attend events for us, but other Varsity events don't have nearly the same cost/value ratio.

At the end of the day, however, if our teams/athletes really want to spend their time/energy going for Summit bids, we will do it. We probably aren't going to try to sway them in that direction, though.

edit: 2015 NCA may not be the best example of value, but it will take more than 1 off year to change our mind.

Edit: I would absolutely agree that Summit is a brilliant marketing scheme to get more teams attending Varsity events. That has to be viewed as a home-run idea for them.

There are lots of opinions and yours was at least presented in a way that isn't insulting to the rest of us. ;)

Considering that at every given competition and summit bid opportunity, you could win your division and still not get a bid, then I agree, it can't be considered the best of the best. The best could've missed the luck of the bid declaration. The best could have gotten the lower scoring judges panel. The best could not be accepting summit bids. But honestly considering the ratio of available summit bids to eligible summit teams, it's pretty exclusive. Increasing the number of bids didn't take away from that because there are still divisions not even represented at the summit.

The irony of giving a reason that there isn't any competition when it will be the most heavily attended Y5 event of the season :confused:

And the "kicked all the booty" comment... Twinks are amazing, but I'm pretty sure they aren't undefeated this year. And that isn't exactly the World Cup culture from what I know of the program.

Glad we got the more reasonable explanation. Thank you @littlestALLSTAR !
I think many of you who are trying to contribute the booty comments to me need to look somewhere else... I never made any such statements and appreciate that my statements are not misconstrued in that regards... Thank you!

PS: Better yet, use the Search tool for the word 'booty' and let's really see who used this term....

Last edited:
I was also wondering, if people are so concerned about Worlds athletes crossing down levels to compete at Summit, why not have Worlds and Summit happening simultaneously as culminating cheerleading competitions and move Summit to a different location than Disney....hmmm!
Or, move Worlds to a different location. Just a thought.

Considering that at every given competition and summit bid opportunity, you could win your division and still not get a bid, then I agree, it can't be considered the best of the best. The best could've missed the luck of the bid declaration. The best could have gotten the lower scoring judges panel. The best could not be accepting summit bids. But honestly considering the ratio of available summit bids to eligible summit teams, it's pretty exclusive. Increasing the number of bids didn't take away from that because there are still divisions not even represented at the summit.

^^^THIS THIS THIS ^^^

I think many of you who are trying to contribute the booty comments to me need to look somewhere else... I never made any such statements and appreciate that my statements are not misconstrued in that regards... Thank you!

PS: Better yet, use the Search tool for the word 'booty' and let's really see who used this term....

It was there. You definitely made the "booty" comment. I see it isn't there now. Kudos to you for figuring out how to circumvent the system. Maybe it was in another thread but it was there.

Sister's team in the exact same boat, even after winning four two-day bid competitions (they still have one more shot) So it's disheartening to get on here and seeing people mentioning how it's way too easy to get a bid. Maybe it was for you, and I'm very happy for you! You must have some dynamite coaching. Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but Summit bids are NOT a sure then by any stretch of the imagination. I realize it may seem like it in your area or when you've gotten accustomed to attending the event, but there are still good teams out there without bids. I think some people might be taking it for granted.
I remember Jason from pro telling us in the beginning of the season when we decided on attending the summit that these bids are harder to get than paid bids to worlds, which I now see is totally true. I'm very lucky my team got one when we did. I just feel like they need to do something to distribute the bids more evenly by division. Seems like some divisions have tons of teams while others have barely any. Hopefully they could figure out something to fix this

Back