All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Forgive my ignorance on the Summit rules, but why are bids getting handed down from competitions that happened over a month ago? Is there no time limit to decline a bid?

It was fine, but Summit won't feel like Summit if they compete in that tent this year.

this. Really hoping to compete at Josten's or HP for WildCard round. Anyone know if they'll even have to use the tent for WildCard? Is there too many teams to fit into the HP and Josten's? I don't think there is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance on the Summit rules, but why are bids getting handed down from competitions that happened over a month ago? Is there no time limit to decline a bid?
Double post but I think it's because teams win the AL and upgrade to paid, so their AL gets passed down. I think you do have a time limit on accepting the bids though but if you upgrade they typically pass down to the next team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 out of 15 summit bids went to level 2 at ACP. I think it's a huge red flag there is something wrong with the distribution system. It was very difficult for a level 5 team to get a bid. The distribution actually stated the at large bid would go to large gym highest scoring level 1 OR 5! I also believe even though they modified the scoring system, the comparative scoring element is still there and is what causes 8 out of 15 bids to go to one level.

Alteratively, my CP attended a bid comp in which 58 level 2 teams and 7 level 5 teams attended. One bid went to level 2 and 2 bids went to level 5. Further, two teams from level 2 outscored both level 5 teams that were given bids. I would like to see some consistency in the bid distribution. The process now undermines the integrity of the Summit.

I have to agree with @notyourcheermom, If an event is putting themselves out as a culminating end of the season competition and only the "BEST of the Best teams will be invited, one State should not have dominion over this type of competition, this provides a home court advantage for teams in that area, just like now the complaints we hear about the Texas teams winning at NCA.. Btw, I actually hate going to Dallas because of the unpredictable weather, but I hate going to Disney because my daughter's team just attended UCA, a mere 7-8 weeks before Summit and is during this time, it is much more expensive to attend in May, as oppose to Mid-March and I paid for everything months in advance and the cost is minimum...

I have a question about the wildcard competition to get into Summit. My daughter's team is a small Junior 2 and they are going as a wildcard. Will the teams be broken into A,B and C categories since there are so many teams in this division? I hope so....that way more wildcards will get into the Summit competition.

The official answer right now is no, but I think the answer soon will be yes. More unfounded pure wild speculation on my part. So don't quote me, people! :D:D

The official answer right now is no, but I think the answer soon will be yes. More unfounded pure wild speculation on my part. So don't quote me, people! :D:D

I go back and forth on this in my brain. I don't see any advantage for Varsity to split WC divisions. I'm sure they have room in the schedule for only one team per division. I do think it's somewhat disappointing for the teams in extremely large WC divisions...and I think those teams would be less likely to accept a WC next season...especially the teams that accepted a small J3 really early on. Who knows, though.

Edited: I like how you said "don't quote me" and I immediately quoted you. ;)

Last edited:

Tell me about it. We went to Athletics Championships last year the beginning of November. We were 2nd in line for the Level 2 bid. Come April 13th, we got a phone call the team declined. Funny thing is, I overheard their coaches and parents talking they only attend on Paid Bids. I think they were just being Dbags. We were happy to go and make finals tho! :)

I always wonder what teams do that get a passed down bid like now or later. It doesn't give you much time to plan. Although if we got one I would go! And pray that the parents go along with it.

We got a passes down bid on Monday and knew we were going. Parents were planning the whole season.
Congratulations on the Summit bid...

I was wondering, the teams who are receiving bids now, Is it possible those teams with At-Large bids were elevated to Paid bids?

Congratulations on the Summit bid...

I was wondering, the teams who are receiving bids now, Is it possible those teams with At-Large bids were elevated to Paid bids?

Interesting question my guess the only way a paid bid becomes available is if a team turns it down. There is a limit of 100 paid bids so Unless Varsity raises that limit I would say teams are not getting paid bids for at large bids unless they win them at a later comp and their at large bid gets passed down.

Interesting question my guess the only way a paid bid becomes available is if a team turns it down. There is a limit of 100 paid bids so Unless Varsity raises that limit I would say teams are not getting paid bids for at large bids unless they win them at a later comp and their at large bid gets passed down.
No, no...What I am asking- The teams who are finding out that an At-Large bid had been passed down to their team this late, maybe those teams who had those At-Large bids were elevated to now Paid bids, leaving an At-Large bid to passed down...

No, no...What I am asking- The teams who are finding out that an At-Large bid had been passed down to their team this late, maybe those teams who had those At-Large bids were elevated to now Paid bids, leaving an At-Large bid to passed down...

Yes. That is typically why bids are passed down after a longer than normal time period.

Back