All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Orlando is cheap, though...excluding Disney, of course. It's the least expensive place I've ever visited, I bet. Even airfare is inexpensive from here. I paid close to the same to fly to Anaheim a couple of years ago! Time...time is the Orlando from Seattle expense.
This surprises me about airfare! For some reason, Charlotte to Orlando is crazy expensive. For reference, I flew in to NYC two weeks ago from around $200 round trip. I can't find anything from Charlotte to Orlando nonstop Summit weekend for under $350, and layovers in Atlanta for like $300. Must be a Charlotte thing. I chocked it up to airlines capitalizing on spring being the time everyone hits Florida.

This surprises me about airfare! For some reason, Charlotte to Orlando is crazy expensive. For reference, I flew in to NYC two weeks ago from around $200 round trip. I can't find anything from Charlotte to Orlando nonstop Summit weekend for under $350, and layovers in Atlanta for like $300. Must be a Charlotte thing. I chocked it up to airlines capitalizing on spring being the time everyone hits Florida.

I'm sure part of it is staying a few days after. I just looked again and I can buy two tickets right now for the days we are staying for $271 each round trip.

We flew Boston - Charlotte for $160 in October. Flying again in 10 days and got a "deal" at $340. I think flights are just high in April but it is frustrating that the same trip has more than doubled. I booked our Worlds trip very early so I got a decent rate for that flight (under $300).

I'm sure part of it is staying a few days after. I just looked again and I can buy two tickets right now for the days we are staying for $271 each round trip.
We are coming for summit Wednesday to Tuesday and our round trip tickets that I got are 250 round trip because I'm going to make the drive to Austin. (This is current pricing it's not that these have been booked any sooner than last week)

Or 279.50 round trip if I flew out of San Antonio and we are coming from Texas which I think is a bit closer lol.

It's crazy how closer places can be way more and further places just depending on the airport can be cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at flights to LA for that week and they're super cheap. Hahaha! $177. So, I'm totally just going by memory and I'd like to pretend $271 is a super great deal.

I just looked at flights to LA for that week and they're super cheap. Hahaha! $177. So, I'm totally just going by memory and I'd like to pretend $271 is a super great deal.
coming from here- 271 is a GREAT deal ;) the best deal any of us have gotten over the past few years going to Orlando was 215. Saw that once and everything since then has been from 268 on up...... but think about it- that's coast to coast :) Now just make sure you get a plane with tvs or it's going to be a VERY long flight (unless you're traveling with your bestie which makes the time pass by SOOOOOO much faster ;) )

coming from here- 271 is a GREAT deal ;) the best deal any of us have gotten over the past few years going to Orlando was 215. Saw that once and everything since then has been from 268 on up...... but think about it- that's coast to coast :) Now just make sure you get a plane with tvs or it's going to be a VERY long flight (unless you're traveling with your bestie which makes the time pass by SOOOOOO much faster ;) )

Haha! We're taking a red-eye. Hoping we'll be able to sleep!

I flew to Orlando for the first time about 12 years ago and I paid $250 each, so my brain tells me it's always been a fairly inexpensive place to fly from here. I'm surprised that the price is so good only a few weeks out, though! I paid the same a month or two ago!

Haha! We're taking a red-eye. Hoping we'll be able to sleep!

I flew to Orlando for the first time about 12 years ago and I paid $250 each, so my brain tells me it's always been a fairly inexpensive place to fly from here. I'm surprised that the price is so good only a few weeks out, though! I paid the same a month or two ago!
good luck- I've never been able to sleep on a red eye- then I crash in the parking lot of the hotel because they never have my room available early lol As for inexpensive..... not at UCA time since it's spring break. We lucked out and got flights for 305 using a military discounts but others went up to 400+ each :eek: Some were even flying in to Tampa and driving- not for me..... are you getting a rental car? If so DO NOT RENT FROM VALUE CAR RENTALS- they are not any good- at all.

good luck- I've never been able to sleep on a red eye- then I crash in the parking lot of the hotel because they never have my room available early lol As for inexpensive..... not at UCA time since it's spring break. We lucked out and got flights for 305 using a military discounts but others went up to 400+ each :eek: Some were even flying in to Tampa and driving- not for me..... are you getting a rental car? If so DO NOT RENT FROM VALUE CAR RENTALS- they are not any good- at all.

Hahaha! I'm remembering our flight home from the Summit two years ago. 7am flight. Magic Express required pick up at like 3am. OMG. No working TV at my seat (my kids had them). I knocked out so hard. I woke up hours later with drool down my face. Awkward! Hahaha!

I'm renting from Budget through Costco. Great prices there, btw. I have like four cars reserved through them, bc I keep finding better deals. I need to cancel some.

Hahaha! I'm remembering our flight home from the Summit two years ago. 7am flight. Magic Express required pick up at like 3am. OMG. No working TV at my seat (my kids had them). I knocked out so hard. I woke up hours later with drool down my face. Awkward! Hahaha!

I'm renting from Budget through Costco. Great prices there, btw. I have like four cars reserved through them, bc I keep finding better deals. I need to cancel some.
That's the only place I rent through. Our first trip to UCA we went red eye, I hate flying so dh, cp and I spent the trip making faces at the kid in front of us keeping him awake..... it was funny until he got in trouble for not going to sleep. We had to tell mom and gma that we were the ones keeping him entertained. They weren't upset at all, they thought he was going to cry all flight but instead he was laughing but he just wouldn't sleep. So we stopped and he crashed right away LOL

I have rented 3 times thru costco also, now I have a van for 10 days for $298! First price was over $700!

I just checked again and swapped my previous minivan for a minivan for $225 for a week. It shocks me how much their prices change! I have a mid-size car for $117, too. I just need to decide what I actually will need.

I had to book my flight the same as my coaches because she is responsible for me during summit and our flight (SEA to MCO) is only 270 ish i think. Then again we have 2 stops and i don't arrive until 11pm on wednesday... worth it honestly! I think my flight to LAX is more expensive and thats only like a 2 hour plane ride lol.

I'm seeing some programs being in Orlando about a week. How does this work with your high school age athletes? Besides being way over the absence limit (adding to the ones required for other out of state comp travel days), my girl would be so far behind in their honors and AP classes, that I don't know how they would ever catch up. (AP Tests also start the day after The Summit, which my junior has one that day and one the next day. So thankful her team declined their bid. It was mixed emotions in our family when they won it.) I wish this all fell during the summer. :(

I'm seeing some programs being in Orlando about a week. How does this work with your high school age athletes? Besides being way over the absence limit (adding to the ones required for other out of state comp travel days), my girl would be so far behind in their honors and AP classes, that I don't know how they would ever catch up. (AP Tests also start the day after The Summit, which my junior has one that day and one the next day. So thankful her team declined their bid. It was mixed emotions in our family when they won it.) I wish this all fell during the summer. :(
I've only known a few that have either competed at or attended both events and for those kids who had the days off available they just stayed the few days between while a couple have flown home for a couple of days.

Those who stay made arrangements to get schoolwork ahead of time.

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Back