All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The gym I was at many moons ago took their entire senior 4 and crossed it down to their senior 2 and won US Finals in Virginia Beach, and then the overall senior 2. It's going to happen everywhere.
I realize there will be down-leveling no matter what (unless they restrict the number of changes made from the original roster). Factor in the cost of Mickey at the Summit and it makes it worse to go with your original team and not have much of a chance. I went to US Finals last year, took two teams to Virginia Beach. I didn't see many teams that seemed "stacked" there. We were a team of 10 girls and ended winning overall Jr 3 (rings and all). And not a Varsity fan either - getting too big and wielding too much power. Again, just MHO.

Last edited:
The gym I was at many moons ago took their entire senior 4 and crossed it down to their senior 2 and won US Finals in Virginia Beach, and then the overall senior 2. It's going to happen everywhere.
As a coach or athletes why would u b proud if winning? I have always wondered this! We had that happen that a team that competed against us at Sr2. We had to wait 1/2 hour for them to warm up because most of the team was at level 5 awards taking first place!

Each comp will choose their own way on how they will disperse them. Some do it by level some do it by division aged group like junior senior. Some just give it to the highest no matter what.

Check each individual comps declaration.

For instance ACA Had 3 paids to give out last year
They said they will give it to the highest scoring level 3
The highest scoring level 4
And the highest scoring level 5

So for instance our j2 could have outscored our j3 that got it or our j4 that got the paid but since ACA didn't want to give a paid to a level 2 we didn't get one :(

Then for instance the recent comp we went to a few weeks ago said
They will give the Wildcard bids to the highest scoring junior team and the highest scoring senior team (the highest of the teams actually willing to accept a wildcard not the actual highest scoring) so it ended up going to a junior 4 and then a senior 2.

So it really just depends on what the declaration says and then if they don't want to go by the declaration at the comp they just give it to whoever they want lol

Last year UCA said only teams who get first place will be offered bids but then a 3rd place team in a stacked division was offered a bid over a first place team in another division.

So you just never know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me :)

As a coach or athletes why would u b proud if winning? I have always wondered this! We had that happen that a team that competed against us at Sr2. We had to wait 1/2 hour for them to warm up because most of the team was at level 5 awards taking first place!

Unfortunately some coaches and athletes are all about winning and don't care how they do it as long as they win.
I dont mind when you have a couple of higher level athletes on the team because it helps motivate the athletes to push to be bettwe but I am not happy when half the team is made up of crossovers

I agree. I like that the US Finals is made up of multiple EP's so you don't have to go to one particular EP to get a bid, makes it feel more like an overall winner vs. a Varsity national champion. Also like that you have the option of choosing your location, so you can save thousands of dollars by going to the location that's an hour away but still get to compete against teams halfway across the country. Waiting for the final rankings kinda suck but I saw a lot of teams had parties for the reveal last year which seemed pretty cool.

US Finals is made up of teams that got bids at all JAMBRANDS competitions. The summit is made up of teams that got bids from VARSITY competitions. So its the same thing. US Finals is an overall Jambrands winner and The Summit is an overall Varsity winner. The summit bids are given out by multiple EP's just like US finals bids are given out by multiple EP's. So I don't get what you are saying there.

I have not been to the Summit yet but I have been to US Finals multiple times and I am not a fan of how they do the overall winners. They say that they go back and watch the videos of all the teams again to choose the overall winners. There is no way they do that. I feel like they just randomly pick some of them. Or they just go by score and rank the teams. Which isn't fair because some judges score differently at different locations.

We are trying to go to the summit this year for the first time so I am hoping we get the bids. I have heard great things about it.

US Finals is made up of teams that got bids at all JAMBRANDS competitions. The summit is made up of teams that got bids from VARSITY competitions. So its the same thing. US Finals is an overall Jambrands winner and The Summit is an overall Varsity winner. The summit bids are given out by multiple EP's just like US finals bids are given out by multiple EP's. So I don't get what you are saying there.

I have not been to the Summit yet but I have been to US Finals multiple times and I am not a fan of how they do the overall winners. They say that they go back and watch the videos of all the teams again to choose the overall winners. There is no way they do that. I feel like they just randomly pick some of them. Or they just go by score and rank the teams. Which isn't fair because some judges score differently at different locations.

We are trying to go to the summit this year for the first time so I am hoping we get the bids. I have heard great things about it.

There are other EP's besides Jam brands that give out US Finals bids. Epic Brands gives bids, Americheer, and a couple IEP's. None of those are run by Jam brands. I think they rewatch the winners of each division at each location, which makes sense. If one panel had to rewatch 2000 routines we probably wouldn't get rankings until October. I think I just like the affordability of it more than anything. I can go to one Jam brands event and qualify, or I can spend thousands of dollars chasing Summit bids all season and still end up empty handed. I completely agree that Summit has the "prestige" factor because it is so difficult to get a bid, but there are tons of programs that can't afford that and taking 10th place out of 130 teams is still impressive.

Varsity first created All-Levels to compete with US Finals (originally known as Final Destination). Multiple locations, overall winner chosen by video. They then got even smarter and realized non-Worlds teams parents would love to have their kids go to a "prestigious" competition akin to Worlds. In the same location as Worlds.

I am not a fan of US Finals - I think it has been a lousy competition for years especially since they starting giving bids through 5th place at qualifiers - or any competition where the winners are determined by a new panel of judges watching videos but at least it is much better than just lining up the top scores and selecting the overall winner that way which is what they used to do before last year. Two years ago 99% of the overall winners came out of VB for US Finals which was a little more than a coincidence; those judges were just scoring higher. For many gyms though it is a competition that gives closure to the season.

I was looking on the Varsity website for some information about the pay bids but couldn't find any, my CPs team will only attend the summit if they receive a paid bid with that being said I'm confused how comps give out paid bids, say the competition we attend are giving out 3 paid bids, how do they decide what levels and what teams received the paid bids?
It depends on the event. Some EPs will go by score and some will give out a bid per level. Every EP for a summit comp will normally have it listed in their declaration.

It depends on the event. Some EPs will go by score and some will give out a bid per level. Every EP for a summit comp will normally have it listed in their declaration.

Silly question, what is a declaration and where do I find that info? Do they post it now or wait till it gets closer to comp date?

Silly question, what is a declaration and where do I find that info? Do they post it now or wait till it gets closer to comp date?

Every EP should (but most still don't) have a bid declaration that outlines how they will award the bids; same for Worlds bids. It lets everyone know in advance exactly what the process will be.

**No representation is made that the quality of cheer advice provided is greater than the quality of cheer advice provided by other twitters.**

It is suppose to be on their website like this

ACA - American Cheerleaders Association

All-Star Nationals

now this is an example of what @ACEDAD mentioned:

cheersport

if you read under awards it says click here for summit info toward the end but there is no where to click so im sure it will be updated later.

So just look on whatever competitions you are going to that offers them and usually right on the page for that comp there should be a link!

Is there a wiki page for this like the Road to Worlds with the number of bids being handed out in total and how many remaining there are?

*Of course it is good advice, I'm Cheer Dad*

Back