All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

currently plane tickets to UCA are not cheap- UGH I keep holding out for a price drop. As for buying Disney tickets- your cp is required a ticket and you are not required to buy one for yourself....now with that being said there's always a chance your cp will compete at Hollywood Studios, and if you want to watch them you would be required to buy one for you :)

No good! But, the rest is basically like The Summit.

Is UCA during spring break season? That would explain the higher costs ($415 is what I just saw). Although the time of year sucks for a lot of reasons, you can't beat off-season prices for The Summit.

This may be silly, but the recent comments made me think of something. I live very far from Florida. Some teams here travel to Orlando for UCA. Is that considered different than traveling to Worlds or The Summit? I mean, they're all "for the experience." I don't know, there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for competitions here. ANY travel comp could end up being as expensive as a Disney trip. Orlando is, from Seattle, a fairly inexpensive airline ticket (when I went, I paid $280 round trip per ticket), the hotels are pretty affordable compared to most places. Travel time stinks, but any "big" comp will take some time to get to.
UCA doesn't seem nearly as large as The Summit. In fact there have been years where we have only have 5-6 teams in our division. At Summit there were divisions with close to 20 teams in them and half didn't make it to compete day two.
UCA is definitely Spring Break and the parks are very crowded.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

UCA doesn't seem nearly as large as The Summit. In fact there have been years where we have only have 5-6 teams in our division. At Summit there were divisions with close to 20 teams in them and half didn't make it to compete day two.

So it's still "the experience," but a different one? I mean, it's a long way to travel for some of us, either way. (Btw, I can't even deal with the idea of traveling to WDW twice, from Seattle, twice in two months. I know many do, but that's a deal breaker for me.)

Last edited:

One our divisions had 28 teams but another had 6! How do they figure out the bids?

Maybe I'm over the top, but would anyone else be interested in a Road To Summit website a la Road To Worlds?

I guess it would have to be a little different since there's obviously a larger, more varied group of teams trying to qualify, but I love the worlds website and noting else seems to keep track of bids that well.

Maybe this has been discussed before.

@Ashley

Maybe I'm over the top, but would anyone else be interested in a Road To Summit website a la Road To Worlds?

I guess it would have to be a little different since there's obviously a larger, more varied group of teams trying to qualify, but I love the worlds website and noting else seems to keep track of bids that well.

@Ashley
@Kris10boo. Didn't you start something like this?

*Fierce board, where parents come to live vicariously through their kids*

@Ashley
There's Wiki pages on here for both Summit and Worlds bids. Different, but same concept.

@Ashley

I had thought about it. I have a hard enough time keeping up on top of Worlds Bids, and those are easier to track. There's so many summit bid events, and CU doesn't post all of the bid winners.

They can be tracked in the wiki.

Is UCA during spring break season? That would explain the higher costs ($415 is what I just saw). Although the time of year sucks for a lot of reasons, you can't beat off-season prices for The Summit.

UCA is not during Spring Breakl for us. It is actually about 3 weeks before our Spring Break so cp knows that we don't get to go anywhere for break since we will just have gone to Disney.

CP is doing UCA and Summit this year. We make one a big trip- stay for a few extra days- really 'do Disney'. The other is a quick- fly down on Thursday, come back Monday. She knows we may or may not have time to play on that trip because we are there to do a job. Luckily, cp has been to Disney about 15 times (she is 10), so she is okay with it.

I hear you on air fare. Right now getting to the allstar games is anywhere from 550-700 a ticket from Charlotte to Vegas! LA for champions league is running the same. I found LA airfare today out of Raleigh for 378 each and jumped on it. The boys have to drive three hours to and from the airport but it's better than $600 each! I'd die for a $288 to Vegas. It used to run that cheap from Charlotte back in the day but apparently not anymore.

Can I get a Black Friday sale?! Anyone, anyone?!

Back