All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Cheermom1969 and @klynn64 is it a decision made by the gym or a vote by parents at the beginning of the year if you all will go and on what type of bid? I know some Cali teams were taking At Large bids while others were not but, I wasn't really paying attention as to what gym they were from.

I honestly have no idea. (although there was no parent meetings about it) I just know what I was told by another parent: we weren't being declared for any summit bids. And since we never even received an AL, I can only assume that's true. There are no Ventura teams going to the Summit.

I honestly have no idea. (although there was no parent meetings about it) I just know what I was told by another parent: we weren't being declared for any summit bids. And since we never even received an AL, I can only assume that's true. There are no Ventura teams going to the Summit.

No teams from our gym are going to the Summit this season either :( we didn't declare for at large bids so we got nothing. It's been a long season and to tell you the truth I don't think I have it in me to travel at this time, I'm actually excited season is over (no more crossing over for cp, it was way too much for the whole family) I'm looking forward to next season and maybe (hopefully) attending NCA! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No teams from our gym are going to the Summit this season either :( we didn't declare for at large bids so we got nothing. It's been a long season and to tell you the truth I don't think I have it in me to travel at this time, I'm actually excited season is over (no more crossing over for cp, it was way too much for the whole family) I'm looking forward to next season and maybe (hopefully) attending NCA! [emoji12]

I hear you. I go between being glad it's almost over with all the expense and travel and wishing cp could experience something like the Summit. But I'm going to Worlds with Miss Covert and cheering on LBOD and the rest of the Cali teams. :)

I hear you. I go between being glad it's almost over with all the expense and travel and wishing cp could experience something like the Summit. But I'm going to Worlds with Miss Covert and cheering on LBOD and the rest of the Cali teams. :)
What!? You are going to Worlds, I'm so jelly? Is your cp going also? [emoji12][emoji7]

What!? You are going to Worlds, I'm so jelly? Is your cp going also? [emoji12][emoji7]

No, she's not. Between comps and illness she's missed too much school and her grades have suffered. I really wanted to take her but it is what it is. I'm excited and glad I can go relatively stress free in terms of worrying how my kid is going to do!

This was me last year. We did have at large bids but when our gym asked if the parents wanted to go several said no since originally they only planned on going if paid.

It was sad seeing all my friends teams go and most of our gym going to the comp and not my daughters team but then after it rained horribly the one morning and some of our teams issues I was happy we didn't go as I was sitting at home on the live feed. I was also happy about the money I saved. Lol and although we had a good shot we would of been against that 1 team that's won the summit every year in that division so ahh I wasn't terribly excited to go against them although I would of loved to see what the judges there thought about the match up. Lo

Which is the same for you if you would have been going this year. Smh

I'm sorry she doesn't get to go though because I know they would have been amazing!!:(

No, she's not. Between comps and illness she's missed too much school and her grades have suffered. I really wanted to take her but it is what it is. I'm excited and glad I can go relatively stress free in terms of worrying how my kid is going to do!
Oh Snap, is she a little bitter that mama is going to worlds before her? [emoji23] you are going to have a blast!

This was me last year. We did have at large bids but when our gym asked if the parents wanted to go several said no since originally they only planned on going if paid.

It was sad seeing all my friends teams go and most of our gym going to the comp and not my daughters team but then after it rained horribly the one morning and some of our teams issues I was happy we didn't go as I was sitting at home on the live feed. I was also happy about the money I saved. Lol and although we had a good shot we would of been against that 1 team that's won the summit every year in that division so ahh I wasn't terribly excited to go against them although I would of loved to see what the judges there thought about the match up. Lo

Which is the same for you if you would have been going this year. Smh

I'm sorry she doesn't get to go though because I know they would have been amazing!!:(

Well, as we've seen, that team CAN be beaten. @notyourcheermom btw, I would LOVE to see any video of that team that beat them at UCA. :)

Oh Snap, is she a little bitter that mama is going to worlds before her? [emoji23] you are going to have a blast!

Yes. I'm sure I will suffer greatly while I'm there from all the pins being inserted into the voodoo doll she's made of me. lol!

No Livermore teams either. We were told we were never declared, and I couldn't help but wonder what allowed certain teams to go on an AL bid. I know certain teams were allowed to have super secret squirrel parent votes (where ultimately it was decided not to go anyways) and I would love to know what made the difference....

No Livermore teams either. We were told we were never declared, and I couldn't help but wonder what allowed certain teams to go on an AL bid. I know certain teams were allowed to have super secret squirrel parent votes (where ultimately it was decided not to go anyways) and I would love to know what made the difference....

Really? I thought we were the only location where teams were not attending.

A mixed gym marriage. I like it!

We would have had to declare ourselves for a bid to even try to get one. We were dead in the water. Oh well. :confused:

But I am happy for the teams that are going and wish them a great time, a great routine, and great memories!
True, so true on the declaration. As for the mixed gym marriage, what about a hybrid offspring ?

I am very happy for those teams attending Summit. The experience of a lifetime.

Really? I thought we were the only location where teams were not attending.
I don't think any gym is taking all of their teams. Ontario has always taken some teams to Summit, as well as UCA. San Marcos as well will usually take a few teams.

Ventura has never attended Summit.

I don't think any gym is taking all of their teams. Ontario has always taken some teams to Summit, as well as UCA. San Marcos as well will usually take a few teams.

Ventura has never attended Summit.
I'm not saying that any gym is taking all teams, just that it is rare that between those gyms there is not ONE team attending at all....

I'm not saying that any gym is taking all teams, just that it is rare that between those gyms there is not ONE team attending at all....

Maybe they want to focus their energy on Worlds. I do know that some feel that Summit lacks some credibility because the rules encourage stacking/sandbagging.

Back