All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mainly for the car because, she could get 5-6 hours of work done on some of these trips each way.

We do have Verizon and the four of us share 15 gb. Unfortunately, I am too well aware of being able to up our plan because of my oldest child....curses Snap Chat and Snap Chat stories.:( When my youngest used her computer on my phones hotspot she went through 2 gb in less than 20 minutes and her computer kept locking up on her.
Don't let your child stream gaming. Last month my child used 85 gb of data. Go figure.

Don't let your child stream gaming. Last month my child used 85 gb of data. Go figure.
OMG lol, me, my parents, and my brother all share 2gb (so .5gb each) a month and I think we've gone over like twice in the last 3 years. I can't imagine using 85gb.

OMG lol, me, my parents, and my brother all share 2gb (so .5gb each) a month and I think we've gone over like twice in the last 3 years. I can't imagine using 85gb.
I couldn't have imagined it either. Then....it happened. And continues to happen every month. Ludacris ( no not the rapper).

This surprises me about airfare! For some reason, Charlotte to Orlando is crazy expensive. For reference, I flew in to NYC two weeks ago from around $200 round trip. I can't find anything from Charlotte to Orlando nonstop Summit weekend for under $350, and layovers in Atlanta for like $300. Must be a Charlotte thing. I chocked it up to airlines capitalizing on spring being the time everyone hits Florida.
Welcome to the Queen City. Charlotte's airport is the most expensive airport to fly out of on the east coast. Literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me that schools are so strict about this stuff and would actually have a rule against giving kids work ahead of time... We can basically miss for whatever (as long as our parents call us out). It's our responsibility to get the work from our teachers and I've never had a teacher who wouldn't give me work ahead of time. If we don't get our work ahead of time then they'll give it to us when we get back and we generally have until the next class day (block schedule) to do it. I don't travel a TON but we go to national convention for yearbook and miss 4-5 days of school for that and I've never had an issue getting makeup work done in time. And I'm not taking easy classes. I take all AP/Honors and have a 3.97 gpa. Our teachers are pretty understanding about absences and makeup work I guess. I don't really get the crazy restrictions or what they're trying to accomplish.

This is how my school was. They had rules about absences but all I had to do was talk to the principal at the beginning and he would make sure I didn't get in trouble. He even offered to write a letter if teachers or people questioned my absences and he said he would explain. I took AP classes and had a 4.3 GPA some semesters and graduated high school with a 4.1 and I missed almost 13 days or more every school year since like middle school. He said as long as I kept my grades up how could he punish someone in the top 10 of a class of over 300 people. I don't like how schools are so crazy about absences like it sounds on here. I feel like that's why there is truancy procedures in place. If a parent calls and gives a reason it shouldn't matter how many days you miss as long as your keeping up.

At my high school it is considered an athletic event so all I have to do is get a note from one of my coaches signed and the absence is excused although I don't exactly know what the truancy policy is(should probs look into that). Our policy for work is that all of it has to be made up in the # of days u were gone. Most of my teachers won't give me work before I leave.

I couldn't have imagined it either. Then....it happened. And continues to happen every month. Ludacris ( no not the rapper).

When we moved to our current house, it was taking forever for our internet to get set up and working. One night, my steam addict oldest son tethered his laptop to his phone data and stayed up all night playing video games. By the time I woke up, I had something like 23 text messages from AT&T saying that we had gone over our data and they had added additional for $15. Our phone bill ended up being over $700.

Agreed. I don't get it. In high school we were only allowed eight absences per class, period. Even with doctors excuses or any other kind of written documentation. I guess most districts just were not as strict as mine. My sister is in middle school now and all she needs to be excused completely is just a parents note, it doesn't even have to be medical. That blows my mind.

CP doesn't need a doctor's note. I didn't even know other districts required it until we went to her doctor in a neighboring city. The receptionist on our way out asked if we wanted a note from the doctor.
Me: "We just saw him and he didn't say he was leaving a note for us."
Receptionist: "Not for you, a note for the school."
Me: "He wrote a note to the school? I wonder why."
Receptionist: "Not a note to the school. A note for CP to get back into school."
Me: *blank stare*
Receptionist: "A doctor's note to excuse the absence."
Me: "Um, yes. I definitely need one of those." *internally panicking because CP sees a doctor at least twice a month and I have never turned in a note.*

I handed the office attendant the note when I dropped CP off at school and she said, "Oh, we don't need this. You're her parent. We will take your word for it."

That's the way it should be but I can see how this could be taken advantage of.

CP doesn't need a doctor's note. I didn't even know other districts required it until we went to her doctor in a neighboring city. The receptionist on our way out asked if we wanted a note from the doctor.
Receptionist: "Not a note to the school. A note for CP to get back into school."
Me: "Um, yes. I definitely need one of those." *internally panicking because CP sees a doctor at least twice a month and I have never turned in a note.*

I handed the office attendant the note when I dropped CP off at school and she said, "Oh, we don't need this. You're her parent. We will take your word for it."

Crazy! I always got a note even though in high school it didn't make a difference. Medical absences were still coded differently so it looked better if you did happen to go over you eight for medical purposes. Parents notes did nothing for us because they could so easily be forged or taken advantage of. We also had that automated system that would call your parent or guardian in the afternoon telling them that you missed one or more periods that day to help prevent cutting.

On a funny note, my friend here in Charlotte kept getting those calls from a school district in upstate SC for "her child Javier". Either someone entered the number wrong or Javier pulled a slick one and reported it wrong it play hooky.

Last edited:

Yeah the only time I've needed a dr note was when she had shingles, so they needed her cleared to be around other kids again because it is so stupidly contagious and lasts so long. She missed over 2 weeks of school, so I had about 4 dr notes anyway.

My district just had a very hard time with truancy. I went to a very good school a little bit out of town in a inner city school district with some rough areas. So the blanket policy for the district (8 absences per class no matter what) was most likely in place for some of the other schools but still applied to us as well.

Our district appears to have taken the opposite approach - they have such a problem with truancy that they have given up I think. They literally email you towards the end of the year and say, "Please write a note for the following unexcused dates. One note is fine, just list all the dates."

Um...OK. What if it's like 30 days? Yeah, that's fine. Just write us a note.

Our district appears to have taken the opposite approach - they have such a problem with truancy that they have given up I think. They literally email you towards the end of the year and say, "Please write a note for the following unexcused dates. One note is fine, just list all the dates."

Um...OK. What if it's like 30 days? Yeah, that's fine. Just write us a note.

That's crazy! So what's to stop the kids from skipping on the regular and just writing a note and faking a signature? Nothing? Maybe it was just my area but kids around here....well they lie. haha

I wish we had rules as lax as these. Especially for kids who always kept their grades up. But you can't pick and choose who it applies to, unfortunately. So everyone had to abide by the same regulations.

Latest posts

Back