All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey, competing at the Summit in a tent beats hanging around on your couch at home that weekend.
Just to clarify from before again, I AM HONORED AND SUPER EXCITED TO COMPETE AT THE SUMMIT!!! Yesterday i was in a terrible mood because i broke my nose and didn't know if I would get to compete. I am cleared, and now in a wayyyyy better mood and see how my words were much harsher than they needed to be

Just to clarify from before again, I AM HONORED AND SUPER EXCITED TO COMPETE AT THE SUMMIT!!! Yesterday i was in a terrible mood because i broke my nose and didn't know if I would get to compete. I am cleared, and now in a wayyyyy better mood and see how my words were much harsher than they needed to be
Don't worry, it wasn't towards you! I just know the general sentiment towards competing in a tent that happens each year. I totally get it! It happens every year with Worlds for HP Fieldhouse vs. Jostens. I would most likely be bummed as well, but we all have to make an effort to look on the bright side! At least we're there!

Thank you @piglet and @driverto6 for posting your experiences. I will share with my CP, she was bummed that Y3 is in the tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing wrong with the J center.
[emoji19]

Like at least your not at Indiana jones with the sun coming up in your face and all the lines not being shown on the floor or for my kids bases that said they based her with their eyes closed
cccbc71532a8bf7d0e91de60328e8744.jpg

Like put my kids team in the tent at summit idc

Do we really care that much about not being in hp?

[emoji19]

Like at least your not at Indiana jones with the sun coming up in your face and all the lines not being shown on the floor or for my kids bases that said they based her with their eyes closed

That's true it could of been worse and we could of been outside.

Again, I'm odd, but I loved Indiana Jones (great views, fun atmosphere, cute scenery!). BUT, then again, CP's team performed well after 8 pm so there was no sun to contend with. I do love that at Summit, performance venues are all in one area at ESPN & parents don't have to pay for Disney park entrance for 2.5 minute routine. Ok, I have to admit I'm starting to get really excited about being back in Orlando to experience the Summit!

Last edited:
[emoji19]

My kiddo did her whole stunt with her eyes closed last year at Indiana Jones. She hit. I told her it might be something to consider for the future[emoji23]

I know this was asked but I cant find the post...is there any sort of priority seating when our teams compete?

My letter came last week. Even though most of her absences have been excused (I am that parent that writes a note saying she was sick when she misses for competition)...I still got a letter offering to help me out if my child needs medical attention!!! It also said they won't take any notes from me, I must provide a doctor excuse if she misses any more days. Really?? I am the parent, she is a straight A student in advanced classes. I think the school needs to butt out!!!

Amen! Been there, done that.

Kind of a long story (horror story), but it's all true. A tale of false absences and rogue administrators. And it's all too true.

I was called to go before a board that included the Principal, Superintendant, Asst. D.A., Nurse and others and subject myself to interrogation. I was forced to listen to their condemnation of my parenting skills. And this was all due to absences. They made all sorts of threats. Including threatening to have my husband arrested since he was unable to attend the meeting with the board due to work obligations. Though we had only learned of the meeting with the school the prior evening. They refused to allow me to speak unless answering a question of theirs. I left the meeting frustrated and angry.

Some background information. For every one of my daughters absences I turned in a Doctors note. They had just discovered a problem with my daughters heart (Mitral Valve Prolapse and PVCs) and she had been having to wear heart monitors for months and regularly see the Cardiologist. She was passing out daily and they didn't know why. But, even at that she didn't have many absences (I don't remember the exact number this was years ago).

Previously I had noticed some inaccuracies in the recording of her absences and brought it to their attention of the school office. I had proof she had been there. I thought nothing more of it after that.

Being extremely dissatisfied with the outcome of the meeting with the Board, my husband and I arranged to meet privately with the Superintendent. That meeting resolved nothing.

It was after these meetings that my daughters Neurologist insisted she be homeschooled and wrote a letter to the School District stating that for medical reasons she had to withdraw. He felt the school may be the cause for her passing out (not the heart problem). The School District refused to accept her withdrawal.

I moved forward anyway. I established my own school, filed it with the state etc. and started homeschooling my child. Until one day there was a knock at the door and a Policeman was there. He issued me a citation and summons to court. No reason given for either. From that moment on things got crazy.

Homeschool groups issued warnings. Lawyers got involved but they had to fly in from across the U.S. to ensure they couldn't be threatened. It was wild. The lawyers had no idea what I was cited for or why I had to appear in Court. Nothing like this had ever occurred. The lawyers said to prepare for them to try to remove my child. It was just nuts and incredibly bizarre. The DA wouldn't talk to the lawyers and nobody knew why. Those were some stressful days. All this about some absences? Yes.

Here's why it all happened. The recently enacted No Child Left Behind Act provided for establishing a system that tracked students absences with certain thresholds and a Board etc. Out school district decided they were going to be proactive and develop the benchmark SRB (Review Board) to handle such matters. And that they would be so successful that the entire state would have to adopt their methods. Then they'd be famous.

They deliberately faked absences with students so they would be called before the Board. They would then threaten and scare the parents so the child would no longer have any absences. Thus they could prove the success of their model.

But, our situation didn't work with their model so they figured that they would make an example of me so no one would ever dare to challenge their authority.

While at court I met with the DA who had finally spoken to my lawyer. By his review of my records the DA discovered that key individuals involved in establishing the SRB had blatantly lied to the DA to obtain the summons.. They were in fact attempting to have my child removed from my custody.

Thank goodness I had proof backing up my position. Very red faced the DA apologized to me and told me nothing like this will ever happen to me or anyone else in the county ever again.

How's that for an overreaction to an absence?

Kind of a long story (horror story), but it's all true. A tale of false absences and rogue administrators. And it's all too true.

I was called to go before a board that included the Principal, Superintendant, Asst. D.A., Nurse and others and subject myself to interrogation. I was forced to listen to their condemnation of my parenting skills. And this was all due to absences. They made all sorts of threats. Including threatening to have my husband arrested since he was unable to attend the meeting with the board due to work obligations. Though we had only learned of the meeting with the school the prior evening. They refused to allow me to speak unless answering a question of theirs. I left the meeting frustrated and angry.

Some background information. For every one of my daughters absences I turned in a Doctors note. They had just discovered a problem with my daughters heart (Mitral Valve Prolapse and PVCs) and she had been having to wear heart monitors for months and regularly see the Cardiologist. She was passing out daily and they didn't know why. But, even at that she didn't have many absences (I don't remember the exact number this was years ago).

Previously I had noticed some inaccuracies in the recording of her absences and brought it to their attention of the school office. I had proof she had been there. I thought nothing more of it after that.

Being extremely dissatisfied with the outcome of the meeting with the Board, my husband and I arranged to meet privately with the Superintendent. That meeting resolved nothing.

It was after these meetings that my daughters Neurologist insisted she be homeschooled and wrote a letter to the School District stating that for medical reasons she had to withdraw. He felt the school may be the cause for her passing out (not the heart problem). The School District refused to accept her withdrawal.

I moved forward anyway. I established my own school, filed it with the state etc. and started homeschooling my child. Until one day there was a knock at the door and a Policeman was there. He issued me a citation and summons to court. No reason given for either. From that moment on things got crazy.

Homeschool groups issued warnings. Lawyers got involved but they had to fly in from across the U.S. to ensure they couldn't be threatened. It was wild. The lawyers had no idea what I was cited for or why I had to appear in Court. Nothing like this had ever occurred. The lawyers said to prepare for them to try to remove my child. It was just nuts and incredibly bizarre. The DA wouldn't talk to the lawyers and nobody knew why. Those were some stressful days. All this about some absences? Yes.

Here's why it all happened. The recently enacted No Child Left Behind Act provided for establishing a system that tracked students absences with certain thresholds and a Board etc. Out school district decided they were going to be proactive and develop the benchmark SRB (Review Board) to handle such matters. And that they would be so successful that the entire state would have to adopt their methods. Then they'd be famous.

They deliberately faked absences with students so they would be called before the Board. They would then threaten and scare the parents so the child would no longer have any absences. Thus they could prove the success of their model.

But, our situation didn't work with their model so they figured that they would make an example of me so no one would ever dare to challenge their authority.

While at court I met with the DA who had finally spoken to my lawyer. By his review of my records the DA discovered that key individuals involved in establishing the SRB had blatantly lied to the DA to obtain the summons.. They were in fact attempting to have my child removed from my custody.

Thank goodness I had proof backing up my position. Very red faced the DA apologized to me and told me nothing like this will ever happen to me or anyone else in the county ever again.

Damn.

WOW

Holy crap

Back