All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We went to a competition this weekend where all but 1 paid (I think) and 4 at large were designated to small gym/large gym and certain levels. There were 4 paid and 11 at large. It made it hard to get a bid because you really didn't have many chances due to the distribution process. I believe they gave
-1paid to small gym
-2 paid to large gym
-4th paid went to next high score

-one at large to small gym(level 1/2 combined)
-one at large to small gym (level 3/4 combined)
-one at large large gym level 1
-one at large large gym level 2
-one at large large gym level 3
-one at large large gym level 4
-one at large to highest scoring non worlds level 5 small or large gym.
-4 at larges to next highest scores.

I think they could have cut back a little bit on the definite bids given to certain levels. It didn't leave much room to go onto people that had higher scores. Plus to me it seemed like a lot more given to large gym (might be a little biased because I come from small gym) but to me it seemed like almost the same amount on gyms in small and large gyms but maybe i was wrong I didn't get to see many in that hall.
I assume you went to Cheerpower nationals because that's where my daughter got her paid bid from (the other Cheerpower nationals and that's how they do bids) and it was all crazy like that.

Except at the comp we went to they divided teams into small / medium/ and large gym and then awarded bids like that.

You say more bids should of went to small gyms at the comp you were at but more bids should of went to large gyms at the Cheerpower nationals we were at.

My daughters team was the highest scoring team of the whole comp (not just large gym) but by almost a whole point.
We luckily got paid, but the second highest scoring team of the whole comp. Laredo large senior 3 also in the large gym division did not get paid because they were also level 3.

However there were teams in small gyms getting passed down bids a week later from this comp with low scores.
It should of went to the highest score. Not divided by gym size of large small and medium ... Like who does medium gym??? Ugh anyways

Luckily Laredo got paid at NCA a few weeks later because they had the highest score for like the whole comp excluding worlds teams.. So the great ones will still find a way to get a bid but honestly they should of got paid at Cheerpower and not been short changed because we were both large gym level 3s.

Let's pay the highest scores please!! Let's not award bid based off of gym size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you went to Cheerpower nationals because that's where my daughter got her paid bid from (the other Cheerpower nationals and that's how they do bids) and it was all crazy like that.

Except at the comp we went to they divided teams into small / medium/ and large gym and then awarded bids like that.

You say more bids should of went to small gyms at the comp you were at but more bids should of went to large gyms at the Cheerpower nationals we were at.

My daughters team was the highest scoring team of the whole comp (not just large gym) but by almost a whole point.
We luckily got paid, but the second highest scoring team of the whole comp. Laredo large senior 3 also in the large gym division did not get paid because they were also level 3.

However there were teams in small gyms getting passed down bids a week later from this comp with low scores.
It should of went to the highest score. Not divided by gym size of large small and medium ... Like who does medium gym??? Ugh anyways

Luckily Laredo got paid at NCA a few weeks later because they had the highest score for like the whole comp excluding worlds teams.. So the great ones will still find a way to get a bid but honestly they should of got paid at Cheerpower and not been short changed because we were both large gym level 3s.

Let's pay the highest scores please!! Let's not award bid based off of gym size.

I am guessing American Cheerpower Columbus. I noticed quite a few bids went to level 2 teams and a 4.2 team. We were there, not much love was spread to level 3, 4 or 5.

I am guessing American Cheerpower Columbus. I noticed quite a few bids went to level 2 teams and a 4.2 team. We were there, not much love was spread to level 3 or 4.
Yeah I assumed that's the comp was talking about.

American Cheerpower has one other nationals where they give out those jackets and a bunch of summit bids and split the divisions into small, medium, and large gym here in San Antonio. I think it always works out weird like that but my point was I don't think there needs to be as much emphasis on where they go as long as they are going to high scoring teams!

American Cheerpower has one other nationals where they give out those jackets and a bunch of summit bids and split the divisions into small, medium, and large gym here in San Antonio. I think it always works out weird like that but my point was I don't think there needs to be as much emphasis on where they go as long as they are going to high scoring teams!

I agree with you, I think they were trying to take care of level 2, they post day 1 scores so everyone can see, but day 2 were a mystery. They tell you who won and gyms know the divisions but you never know what the other divisions did. I see this as more of a trend the promoters seem to be keeping the selection process more of a secret.

I think they were trying to take care of level 2, they post day 1 scores so everyone can see, but day 2 were a mystery. They tell you who won and gyms know the divisions but you never know what the other divisions do. I see this as more of a trend the promoters seem to be keeping the selection process more of a secret.
You don't get scores but your coaches/owners do.

I have seen the scores for every division at Cheerpower day 2 San Antonio -It's not a secret.

On day 1 they post them in the back so u can see who is in the running for level champs and summit bids.

On day 1 my daughter was the second highest score of the comp to the large gym large senior 3

We knew they wouldn't give two large gym level 3 bids even if they were the highest two scores of the whole comp so we knew we had to beat them.

I figured we did because we basically killed day 2 but I asked for the scores because I wanted to see how close we were and where we stacked up to every team and I was given them.

Cheerpower never posts results with scores at comps but i don't think it's to be secret because they certainly give them to the coaches or make them available to them.

I have seen the scores for every division at Cheerpower day 2 San Antonio -It's not a secret.

On day 1 they post them in the back so u can see who is in the running for level champs and summit bids.

On day 1 my daughter was the second highest score of the comp to the large gym large senior 3

We knew they wouldn't give two large gym level 3 bids even if they were the highest two scores of the whole comp so we knew we had to beat them.

I figured we did because we basically killed day 2 but I asked for the scores because I wanted to see how close we were and where we stacked up to every team and I was given them.

Cheerpower never posts results with scores at comps but i don't think it's to be secret because they certainly give them to the coaches or make them available to the

American Cheerpower at Columbus posts the score sheets, with raw scores, deductions, and day one scores in the coaches area, which I have access to for our gym. And yes I know the owners and coaches do get score sheets both days, American Cheerpower does not post all the scores for everyone see day 2. You have a good idea where everyone is day one, but unless you see the teams perform day 2 you have no idea how they have done in other divisions. I wish it was like NCA where they post everything.

Cheerpower never posts results with scores at comps but i don't think it's to be secret because they certainly give them to the coaches or make them available to them.

We went to a competition this weekend where all but 1 paid (I think) and 4 at large were designated to small gym/large gym and certain levels. There were 4 paid and 11 at large. It made it hard to get a bid because you really didn't have many chances due to the distribution process. I believe they gave
-1paid to small gym
-2 paid to large gym
-4th paid went to next high score

-one at large to small gym(level 1/2 combined)
-one at large to small gym (level 3/4 combined)
-one at large large gym level 1
-one at large large gym level 2
-one at large large gym level 3
-one at large large gym level 4
-one at large to highest scoring non worlds level 5 small or large gym.
-4 at larges to next highest scores.

I think they could have cut back a little bit on the definite bids given to certain levels. It didn't leave much room to go onto people that had higher scores. Plus to me it seemed like a lot more given to large gym (might be a little biased because I come from small gym) but to me it seemed like almost the same amount on gyms in small and large gyms but maybe i was wrong I didn't get to see many in that hall.
That's such a odd way of doing it. I completely understand waiting to be fair across the board, but large gyms and small gyms have equal opportunity on the scoresheet.

Keep the positivity! Their season was over having missed out on the BATB bids this weekend. They won once again, making it their 5th bid competition victory, but continually missed out on the bids by a similar margin. Then yesterday they got the call about a bid being passed down from a competition back in February.

The waiting isn't fun, but a lot of times chances are good when you're scoring that high. I hope it works out for you guys!

Same for one of our teams. Call came yesterday from a comp they attended on January. The bid just got passed down. One month to prepare for a trip to Disney. Don't envy those families!!

Yes it was CheerPower in Ohio! I agree it should just go off score. Most small gyms can hang with the large gyms. (At least around here) so i don't think it should go off gym size either. I wouldn't mind maybe 2 paids, and 2 at large guaranteed to split 1 and 1 for small and large but I think the rest should be up for grabs!

I do think the bid process is bad. Maybe it is fine on the east and in Texas but on the West Coast it is not fine. For instance they halved our chances of getting paid bids this year to move those bids to comps on the east. So we get 3 chances. And at Spirit Sports they give 1 paid bid per the 179 senior teams across all levels.

Same for one of our teams. Call came yesterday from a comp they attended on January. The bid just got passed down. One month to prepare for a trip to Disney. Don't envy those families!!

That's the situation we are in but no call yet. I did look up the bid declaration for the original comp and they gave 1 bid per level. I wonder if that's how they will pass it down too. I have the score sheet for the entire comp and we were to highest at our level (and the available "passed down" bid is our level) but we aren't the next highest overall.

Completely agree and considering the talent at the higher levels - it seems so hard to get a bid at those high levels. Take level 4 for example - all level 4 teams, including 4.2 and level 4 co-eds (of which there are several). And is it just me or are there a ton of level 2 teams going to the summit already.

That's the situation we are in but no call yet. I did look up the bid declaration for the original comp and they gave 1 bid per level. I wonder if that's how they will pass it down too. I have the score sheet for the entire comp and we were to highest at our level (and the available "passed down" bid is our level) but we aren't the next highest overall.

I know they won their division...but I have no clue if they were the next highest score overall in the competition, or just in that level. Anyway...the kids are excited...my kiddo just said, "glad that's not us"...I think she is definitely enjoying her break before it starts back in May:)

That's such a odd way of doing it. I completely understand waiting to be fair across the board, but large gyms and small gyms have equal opportunity on the scoresheet.

They also have to compete in the same division at the Summit... there is no "small gym" summit championship this season so what's the point? highest score goes. if the small gym bid winners were really 12th overall at the bid competition (random #) are they really going to be successful at the summit, anyway?

Back