All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes it was CheerPower in Ohio! I agree it should just go off score. Most small gyms can hang with the large gyms. (At least around here) so i don't think it should go off gym size either. I wouldn't mind maybe 2 paids, and 2 at large guaranteed to split 1 and 1 for small and large but I think the rest should be up for grabs!
There is a large disparity between large and small gyms in this area of the country IMO. All Star Cheer is still not as widespread as other areas and many small gyms find it near to impossible to field a competitive Worlds team. So small gym athletes either hang up their bows and nfinities or end up with a long commute which is mostly in bad weather due to our cheer season being later than in areas more southern. Not that I would want to leave our gym...however if we ever did we would have a minimum 2 hour one way commute to find an equitable gym. There are a lot of gyms in this area that have 2-3 teams total. We have been blessed that our gym has blossomed in the last four years from a 4 team gym to an 8 team with 2 half year team gym. I expect we will continue to expand our athlete base this upcoming season. We had 3 national travel summit eligible teams that if you were placed on any of them it was told to you upfront that if the team received a summit bid that the team would go. We are taking all 3 of those teams to summit plus 2 regional teams. I expect this success to bring even more athletes to our program. This season we had a marked increase in athletes who are making at least an hour commute to come to our gym and I expect that to increase. Bottom line is there are very few gyms in this area with 100 or more athletes. I understand why an EP would allocate bids specifically for those smaller gyms. They are their bread and butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was CheerPower in Ohio! I agree it should just go off score. Most small gyms can hang with the large gyms. (At least around here) so i don't think it should go off gym size either. I wouldn't mind maybe 2 paids, and 2 at large guaranteed to split 1 and 1 for small and large but I think the rest should be up for grabs!
Agree. Definitely not fair how Cheerpower Midwest did their bids.

I do think the bid process is bad. Maybe it is fine on the east and in Texas but on the West Coast it is not fine. For instance they halved our chances of getting paid bids this year to move those bids to comps on the east. So we get 3 chances. And at Spirit Sports they give 1 paid bid per the 179 senior teams across all levels.
The West Coast has large competitions and they have 1 paid and 2-4 AL bids to pass out. A similar sized competition on the East Coast and they have at a minimum three times the number of bids to pass out. I thought bids were handed out based on competition attendance. In my opinion the West Coast should have more not less Paid Bids than the East Coast simply because of the expense in getting to the East Coast. It's feasible for an East Coast team to attend Summit on an AL Bid while it's a costly undertaking for a West Coast team. This definitely disadvantages the teams I the West Coast. I wonder what the geographical composition is for teams attending Summit. I'd bet a predominant number of them are East Coast teams. And that's not because the West Coast lacks good teams.

It's the EP's right to run their event as they see fit. But they can't expect it to have the. credibility they hope for when there are so many good teams (not just good, but among the.best in their division) not even invited to participate. To become the best of the best, you have to compete with the best. There are wonderful teams on the East Coast, but also on the West Coast, as well as everywhere in between. Geographical exclusion isn't the way to go. Maybe we need a West Coast Summit. But, wait....didn't we have that once with IALC ? Ha!

I have to disagree with a poster who claims that it is cheaper for East Coast teams to get to the West Coast. I know for a fact that due to jet streams, a plane traveling from the West Coast to the East Coast will be pushed by back winds, so this plane will use less gas and thus, airline tickets to travel from the West Coast is cheaper. However, cheerleaders traveling from the East Coast must paid more to travel to the West Coast, because the plane coming from the East Coast is flying into a headwind, which is so much more difficult for the plane to do and add more time, money and hardship on the East Coast cheerleaders...So in essence, I said all of these things to push the agenda to move the Summit from WDW...to maybe, Nashville or even New Orleans....

PS: I have to say, this time I did not start this East Coast-West Coast brawl, NOPE, not this time!

We went to a competition this weekend where all but 1 paid (I think) and 4 at large were designated to small gym/large gym and certain levels. There were 4 paid and 11 at large. It made it hard to get a bid because you really didn't have many chances due to the distribution process. I believe they gave
-1paid to small gym
-2 paid to large gym
-4th paid went to next high score

-one at large to small gym(level 1/2 combined)
-one at large to small gym (level 3/4 combined)
-one at large large gym level 1
-one at large large gym level 2
-one at large large gym level 3
-one at large large gym level 4
-one at large to highest scoring non worlds level 5 small or large gym.
-4 at larges to next highest scores.

I think they could have cut back a little bit on the definite bids given to certain levels. It didn't leave much room to go onto people that had higher scores. Plus to me it seemed like a lot more given to large gym (might be a little biased because I come from small gym) but to me it seemed like almost the same amount on gyms in small and large gyms but maybe i was wrong I didn't get to see many in that hall.

8 out of 15 summit bids went to level 2 at ACP. I think it's a huge red flag there is something wrong with the distribution system. It was very difficult for a level 5 team to get a bid. The distribution actually stated the at large bid would go to large gym highest scoring level 1 OR 5! I also believe even though they modified the scoring system, the comparative scoring element is still there and is what causes 8 out of 15 bids to go to one level.

Same for one of our teams. Call came yesterday from a comp they attended on January. The bid just got passed down. One month to prepare for a trip to Disney. Don't envy those families!!

Our team passed on the bid. The parents said it was too short of notice to get a trip to Disney together...so there may be another bid being passed down for those who are waiting.

I have to disagree with a poster who claims that it is cheaper for East Coast teams to get to the West Coast. I know for a fact that due to jet streams, a plane traveling from the West Coast to the East Coast will be pushed by back winds, so this plane will use less gas and thus, airline tickets to travel from the West Coast is cheaper. However, cheerleaders traveling from the East Coast must paid more to travel to the West Coast, because the plane coming from the East Coast is flying into a headwind, which is so much more difficult for the plane to do and add more time, money and hardship on the East Coast cheerleaders...So in essence, I said all of these things to push the agenda to move the Summit from WDW...to maybe, Nashville or even New Orleans....

PS: I have to say, this time I did not start this East Coast-West Coast brawl, NOPE, not this time!

I am definitely on board with moving Summit and/or Worlds.

However, you do realize that those athletes have to fly home after the event is over, so wind direction cancels out. (not sure if you were kidding)

I have a question about the wildcard competition to get into Summit. My daughter's team is a small Junior 2 and they are going as a wildcard. Will the teams be broken into A,B and C categories since there are so many teams in this division? I hope so....that way more wildcards will get into the Summit competition.

I have a question about the wildcard competition to get into Summit. My daughter's team is a small Junior 2 and they are going as a wildcard. Will the teams be broken into A,B and C categories since there are so many teams in this division? I hope so....that way more wildcards will get into the Summit competition.

No, all wild cards are in one division and only the winner moves on. I can't even imagine how close scores are going to be in some of the wild card divisions.

I am definitely on board with moving Summit and/or Worlds.

However, you do realize that those athletes have to fly home after the event is over, so wind direction cancels out. (not sure if you were kidding)
Definitely just kidding on the winds and traveling... But to be honest, if it truly suppose to be a Summit, especially a Worlds event(which been around longer), it should move around, so certain groups or teams should not have home court advantage every year and every area should have a chance to host a great and huge event like this too. (If these events cannot be move every year, maybe, every 2 years at the most...

I will have to say I am probably 2 hours and 20 minutes from the Mouse so my financial commitment is way less to get there. Our big financial trip to get there is Dallas. CP has attended Summit last two seasons and we have always done Commuter, still stay there but not on property. My nonCP's birthday is right around then. We have never gone to Disney or let her use her park hopper she has gotten with her registration just because we were there to compete, end of season, yada, yada, yada. We attended UCA this year and had to buy admission to the parks for us to attend because level 3 competed in Holly Wood Studios. I can see if you're traveling a long way, too, and especially by plane and you're out, Disney is not a bad place to be. The kids had a blast at Disney. At Dallas this year it was freezing and we took naps and let the kids chase "ghosts" on the 19th floor of the Adolphus. The Adolphus probably wished we were at Disney, because they weren't Disney and kids were making up their own fun. It was nice at UCA that they had a small castle at Hollywood Studios as the back drop. Please let level 3 be in Jostens again this year and not the tent like they competed in at UCA on day 2. It was fine, but Summit won't feel like Summit if they compete in that tent this year.

Back