All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

probably. that's what i thought too. our gym is not accepting them - mainly because it will be an extra expense having to be there earlier. so we're only accepting at large and paids.
Same. We would have been up for a wildcard at the past comp. I am ok with the gyms decision to only accept at large or paid. The athletes understand you only have so many to get that bid and earlier the better. Our coaches really help them build confidence early. I'm all for saving money [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably. that's what i thought too. our gym is not accepting them - mainly because it will be an extra expense having to be there earlier. so we're only accepting at large and paids.
we aren't accepting Wild Cards either. Paid or At Large is it for us.

We go to our first paid/ at large summit bid comp this weekend. We got most the bids last year at this comp, but we are trying to see if all our teams can get a bid, then we have more time to work for paids.
My daughter is on a y3 but we also have a very good j3 and s3

So it will definitely be really hard for us to get a bid, but I want to get it out of the way now lol

We go to our first paid/ at large summit bid comp this weekend. We got most the bids last year at this comp, but we are trying to see if all our teams can get a bid, then we have more time to work for paids.
My daughter is on a y3 but we also have a very good j3 and s3

So it will definitely be really hard for us to get a bid, but I want to get it out of the way now lol
GOOD LUCK!!! I'm so sad we won't be there :( It's one of my favorite comps! But the rest of our gym will be! We have been told that it is EXTREMLY hard to get D1 bids this year! I hear that there are some huge gyms heading to Tulsa this weekend!

Aww I hate that u guys aren't there because this was such a fun competition last season and your gym and parents were so kind. This is the comp I met so many of them and sat with them lol[emoji23]

And we need these summit bids, I think we got like 4 or 5 here last season. So we are hoping we can get a few this season. Otherwise all our teams may not be able to go to the summit again if some don't get their bid out of the way early on!! Most comps divide bids awarded by level so that's the only downside of having so many level 3's at our gym. Haha

I really hope we get to see y'all at some point though :(

Cp's team would be D2, and lost out for a bid by a fraction of a point last weekend. We have 3 more chances so fingers crossed, but Y2 is a tough division to get a bid in, particularly when smaller competitions only have 3 bids to hand out over all levels. Some don't award bids in level 2 at all, just 3, 4, and R5.

Honestly, based on the way last season went it is amazing to me that we are even discussing this as a possibility. We have had such and amazing turn around in only a year!

Aww I hate that u guys aren't there because this was such a fun competition last season and your gym and parents were so kind. This is the comp I met so many of them and sat with them lol[emoji23]

And we need these summit bids, I think we got like 4 or 5 here last season. So we are hoping we can get a few this season. Otherwise all our teams may not be able to go to the summit again if some don't get their bid out of the way early on!! Most comps divide bids awarded by level so that's the only downside of having so many level 3's at our gym. Haha

I really hope we get to see y'all at some point though :(

You will see our mini's up!! Just not tinys :( They are also hoping for some bids! Our youth 2 got a wildcard in KC and apparently our owner said that they should be very proud, because even those are hard to get this year. There were a million (it felt) D2 bids passed out at that comp! We were going to come up and watch but Lex is in the school play Saturday. Maybe we'll head up Sunday!

This may be answered somewhere else, but I'm on my phone and can't seem to find it. What is the reason that 4.2 has such a difficult time getting bids to Summit over 4 teams? Right now there are 30 level 4 teams with bids, only 6 level 4.2 teams with bids, and all but one of those is a wild card.

This may be answered somewhere else, but I'm on my phone and can't seem to find it. What is the reason that 4.2 has such a difficult time getting bids to Summit over 4 teams? Right now there are 30 level 4 teams with bids, only 6 level 4.2 teams with bids, and all but one of those is a wild card.

I cant speak as to why but 4.2 is so hard to get a bid! I was on a 4.2 in 2013-2014 and we ended up getting a bid at cheersport nationals but we scored super high all year long and struggled to get one and struggled to beat out these level four teams for grand champion in order to get the bid (Most comps only gave one or 2 level 4 bids) We were in small and I believe at summit there was only 6 or 7 teams? But you also have to keep in mind the ratio of level 4 to 4.2. Level 4 is one of the most packed divisions.

I cant speak as to why but 4.2 is so hard to get a bid! I was on a 4.2 in 2013-2014 and we ended up getting a bid at cheersport nationals but we scored super high all year long and struggled to get one and struggled to beat out these level four teams for grand champion in order to get the bid (Most comps only gave one or 2 level 4 bids) We were in small and I believe at summit there was only 6 or 7 teams? But you also have to keep in mind the ratio of level 4 to 4.2. Level 4 is one of the most packed divisions.

Amen. My CP is on small 4.2, hitting high on scoresheet, winning comps, etc. We are at Spirit of Hope this weekend, then Battle at the Beach in April. Honestly I think those are our main chances just because of the high number of bids (13 total)

I'm on a large level 4.2 team and we have to compete against all level 4s, and all restricted 5 teams for a bid at most competitions. As to why there more bids given to level 4 teams that could simply be because there are more level 4 divisions i.e. youth, junior, senior, and coed (4.2 is only senior). Also many judges are harder on 4.2 teams when it comes to tumbling technique because we only do level two tumbling skills.

The comp we were at yesterday gave a paid to apex 4.2 who was beyond amazing

And an at large to powerhouse 4.2 who was also amazing .

The difference in their scores were .01

They even outscored all level 4s!

Stars Vipers have bids for 7 of our 8 teams (3 paid and 4 at large)

small youth 1 pythons- At large

Small youth 2 pure poison- at large

Small youth 3 hydra 3- PAID

Large Junior 3 red hot mambas- at large

Small senior 3 fierce boas- at large

Small senior 4 diamondbacks- PAID

Large coed restricted 5 Royal Cobras- PAID

Latest posts

Back