All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are small gym and my senior 4 got a bid to the D1 summit and my J3 is working towards getting one to the D1 summit as well but my level one and two teams have been competing in the D2 divisions. At the competition you have to declare which teams are going after D1 summit bids or D2 summit bids. As a small gym once you have a D1 Wild Card or at large bid or D2 at large bid you can only up grade to a D1 or D2 PAID BID! My level 3 and 4 teams decided at the beginning of the summer that they wanted to go to the D1 summit so that's the route we choose to take. So far it has work out well with my senior 4 getting a bid and my junior 3 will more than likely get one too they just started competing last weekend.

For our small gym, it was decided we would go for D2 from the beginning. We currently have two teams going to Tampa on at-large bids. There was a short discussion on throwing in our hat for paid D1 bids at future competitions. ..however since we are a small gym, we have several crossovers. The logistics would be ridiculous if one team got a paid to D1 and the other was still at D2. Our gym owners see D2 as an opportunity for our gym, and other small gyms, to shine. Of course they are hopeful to one day be a D1 gym, and then to look towards D1 bids. For now...we are excited to go to Tampa :).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

How do they guarantee that each level & age group has enough teams competing at d2 or d1? Looking at d2, y1 has 33 teams while there are levels & age groups with less than 5 teams. Seems like a free for all. It doesn't matter if your level & age is undefeated if you can't beat out teams in other age & levels you can't go to summit. Even though those winning the bids aren't even the teams you compete against at summit. I should add the comps around us are only handing out 1 or 2 d2 bids.

CP's gym won at large bids to D1 Summit in Orlando yesterday at American Championships in Daytona Beach for Large J3, small S4 and small Jr R5 (CP's team).

Brandon J2 upgrade to paid, not sure if they are small or large but the paid was announced in the last awards session that I was at.

A local small gym got a paid bid to D2 Summit Y2 team.

There were two other at larges awarded yesterday, but not sure to who.

CP's gym won at large bids to D1 Summit in Orlando yesterday at American Championships in Daytona Beach for Large J3, small S4 and small Jr R5 (CP's team).

Brandon J2 upgrade to paid, not sure if they are small or large but the paid was announced in the last awards session that I was at.

A local small gym got a paid bid to D2 Summit Y2 team.

There were two other at larges awarded yesterday, but not sure to who.

That's awesome, congrats!

I saw on Facebook that Kc Cheer's small youth level 3 got a bid to the summit. Not sure if it is paid or at large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Literally so happy :::

Our 8th and final team that didn't have a summit bid just got theirs!!!! So all 8 viper teams have a paid or at large now!!! So happy for them!

Small junior 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back