All-Star Summit D2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SO COMPLICATED. All of it. Ugh. Like, for a smaller gym that might want to participate in d2, yet keep the option of the original Summit? Basically impossible, even if bids could be earned. For our gym, coaching resources would be spread too thin, I suspect.

I wonder if they will have enough small gyms interested to make this comp. competitive.

I wonder if they will have enough small gyms interested to make this comp. competitive.

I know of at least one small gym who is now fielding a Summit travel team because they want to go to this specific competition. I'm sure that ideology is not in short supply.

I'm also thankful CP isn't at a gym that qualifies for a D2 bid so once she's on a Summit eligible team, I won't have to be so confused about it all.

I know of at least one small gym who is now fielding a Summit travel team because they want to go to this specific competition. I'm sure that ideology is not in short supply.

I'm also thankful CP isn't at a gym that qualifies for a D2 bid so once she's on a Summit eligible team, I won't have to be so confused about it all.

Interesting, many small gyms did well at Summit. I am curious if they will have any interest in D2.

SO COMPLICATED. All of it. Ugh. Like, for a smaller gym that might want to participate in d2, yet keep the option of the original Summit? Basically impossible, even if bids could be earned. For our gym, coaching resources would be spread too thin, I suspect.
My coach was joking about how she's gonna try and get our jr teams to go to d2 and our senior teams to normal summit and she told our other coach that he has to go to Tampa and she'll go to Disney. He was mad [emoji23].

But seriously, what if two of your teams are at different summits? Small gyms typically don't have a large staff....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.

I like how they set up the upgrading bids policy. It prevents someone from getting a D2 summit bid right off the bat and then going for WC or At-large bids for Orlando the rest of the season.

My coach was joking about how she's gonna try and get our jr teams to go to d2 and our senior teams to normal summit and she told our other coach that he has to go to Tampa and she'll go to Disney. He was mad [emoji23].
But seriously, what if two of your teams are at different summits? Small gyms typically don't have a large staff....

My guess would be is that gyms will plan ahead and not spread themselves too thin. If they only have enough staff to go to one event, they won't try to go for bids to both.

Interesting, many small gyms did well at Summit. I am curious if they will have any interest in D2.

Many small gyms crossover up or down more than 1 level and it appears at D2 they will be allowed to do that, at least I haven't found anything that says they can only cross 1 level. Anyone?

Are crossovers between teams allowed at the D2 Summit?
Yes, crossovers are allowed, but must abide by these rules:

1. An all star cheerleader is limited to crossing over to 2 (two) additional cheer teams from their gym during the competition.
2. Participant may only represent one gym.
3. Participants must pay an additional $50 registration fee for each additional team performance.

Nope. Same weekend. Normal summit at Wide world of sports, and the D2 summit in Tampa.
Why does the D2 summit have "stay to play" but normal summit doesn't? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2 is at the Tampa Convention Center which is owned by the city so, they care about tax revenue and who is bringing in the most money. Disney is private so, the city isn't controlling ESPN.

Okay I'm curious to see if this would be allowed (it's just a random thought I had). Let's pretend No Name Allstar's R5 gets a bid to the normal summit, and their junior 3 gets a bid to the D2 summit. According to the summit rules, you can't cross from R5 to level 3, BUT could a team possibly do this since they're at different events? If so, then that's a big flaw.

Okay I'm curious to see if this would be allowed (it's just a random thought I had). Let's pretend No Name Allstar's R5 gets a bid to the normal summit, and their junior 3 gets a bid to the D2 summit. According to the summit rules, you can't cross from R5 to level 3, BUT could a team possibly do this since they're at different events? If so, then that's a big flaw.

Well, considering it's about 1.5 hrs between the 2 summits, crossing between them would be almost impossible. However, yes, in theory, you should be able to cross between the normal summit and the d2 summit

Back