All-Star Summit D2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very few parents have a clue about the validity of a "national champion" title when they first start out, I can promise you that. Who would realize that basically every competition crowns their winners as national champions? Who would think that a team who did not go up against anyone would have no problems proclaiming that they were national champions? It took me at least two seasons at our first gym to understand this. It is the same way when a gym says they have a team that went to Worlds without posting the results. New parents will have no clue about the Summit and D2 v D1.

I guess I'm just genuinely too OCD to allow that; granted I have spent some time in AS dance which kinda mirrors AS cheer, but when CP joined this sport I dived head first into the sea of information. It's hard for me to understand why other parents wouldn't, but I know I'm a Type A control freak so that plays a large part as well.

I guess I'm just genuinely too OCD to allow that; granted I have spent some time in AS dance which kinda mirrors AS cheer, but when CP joined this sport I dived head first into the sea of information. It's hard for me to understand why other parents wouldn't, but I know I'm a Type A control freak so that plays a large part as well.
I guess being new to cheer world (my oldest was 7 when she took her first tumbling class) I trusted what my first gym told me to be true. It was a real eye opener when I realized I could look things up on my own online and find out info for myself (especially prices). I didn't explore this forum for years though because I had heard it was really mean :D.

I guess being new to cheer world (my oldest was 7 when she took her first tumbling class) I trusted what my first gym told me to be true. It was a real eye opener when I realized I could look things up on my own online and find out info for myself (especially prices). I didn't explore this forum for years though because I had heard it was really mean :D.

And look what happened, you became he who shall not be named with the dog pictures! Bwahahahaha.

The D2 Summit doesn't seem very attractive to me. I'd much rather see all gyms compete against each other I think in a way when you make a small gym category to a point the competition looses its prestige. I also think going to Disney World is a wonderful way to end your season it's something for the girls to look forward to and cause motivation though you wouldn't get to spend as much time in the park as if your were there specifically on vacation.

Back