All-Star Summit Day 2: Finals And Results 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can I just say that the Summit was an absolute blast?!? Even though our girls got a little nervous and didn't make it past the WC round *sniff-sniff* - we really had so much fun. The WWOS was an amazing venue...one of dd's teams performed in the HP which was just super cool, and her other team was in Jostens so we got to see both. Dh and the other cheer dads on our team loved the "beer garden" (Dh even got to meet dads from other teams as they were all draining their beers outside the results tent, lol.) We stayed at the Caribbean resort on the Varsity package and it really wasn't bad at all. The room wasn't luxe or anything, but it had everything we needed (full length mirror, ironing board, hair dryer) and the grounds of the resort were really pretty. The parks weren't crowded (with one exception) and my cp had so much fun riding rides with her best cheer friends. And the weather! Glorious!

Truly, the ONLY negative to the weekend was the Celebration party at Hollywood. OMG...they shut down pretty much the entire park except for 2 or 3 rides and it was a complete fiasco. The line for the Rockin Roller Coaster was 2 hours! There was just too many people there to only have 2 attractions open. If we get a bid (and we hope to...we want to try again now that we know how it is ;)) we will decline the party.

If you make it back, and if your CP still wants to do disney with her friends, instead of the celebration party look into which park is doing "extra magic hours." Every day one park either opens early or stays open late. much smaller crowds, all or most of the rides are open, and just less chaos. only caveat is you have to be staying on property to utilize the extra hours. but I'd much rather get a group together to go to that than the "party."

This is like a PSA to anyone planning a trip to either Disney park: go in the time between spring break and summer, when it's weirdly empty. Even better if there's the slightest sprinkling of rain – the park will clear in a number of seconds and you can practically walk right on to any ride.
September is also a great time. We have gone multiple times towards the end of the month. Kids are back in school, no major holidays, the weather is still good, and as a bonus the Halloween decorations are usually up! Even shorter lines than we saw this past week during the summit. We did go to MK Tuesday afternoon this past week and lines were pretty non existent. 30 mins for the new seven dwarfs ride which I guess is unheard of.

One of the mom's from our mini team at the gym booked her Disney vacation Right after worlds and during the summit. She had no clue she was doing this. She was told by friends that it's the best time to go because of the weather and the parks are practically empty. She panicked when she found out she did this because she knows how many cheerleaders are about to descend upon Disney World. I think she was excited to get away from the cheer madness for awhile and then she ended up being right in the thick of it! So when she got back from her trip I asked her how the lines were. She said even with the cheerleaders there it wasn't too bad. The Tuesday & Wednesday after worlds she said was great! Parks were empty and you could get on all the rides. But... Thursday, as everyone started to come into town, she said it got a little worse but even with the cheerleaders there she said it wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be.

At the Tower & Rockin Rollercoaster, the digital wait timeclocks both read 120 mins, but our group got through in less than 30 mins. MUCH better than the daytime waits we experienced at UCA.

Last edited:
September is also a great time. We have gone multiple times towards the end of the month. Kids are back in school, no major holidays, the weather is still good, and as a bonus the Halloween decorations are usually up! Even shorter lines than we saw this past week during the summit. We did go to MK Tuesday afternoon this past week and lines were pretty non existent. 30 mins for the new seven dwarfs ride which I guess is unheard of.
Thank you so much for posting this! My mom is taking my four year old sister the last week of September. So glad to hear it won't be too crazy!

YES.

We have always saved our major theme park type trips (i.e. Cedar Point) for like, a mid-September weekend.

We have been to Cedar Point, Kennywood, etc. and been able to ride rides back to back because the park is practically empty.

It's fine by me! Actually, I think there should be a committee made up of senior athletes that can give input to USASF and even have a voting right.
I'm in ;) I feel like a spy
And I definitely agree that there should be an athlete committee of senior athletes from all levels - we're the ones competing, you'd think we would have some sort of voice without having to go through our parents, no offense to anyone

I'm in ;) I feel like a spy
And I definitely agree that there should be an athlete committee of senior athletes from all levels - we're the ones competing, you'd think we would have some sort of voice without having to go through our parents, no offense to anyone
No offense taken! I will say I really don't feel when it comes down to it that the PAC has much power or say. I don't think the USASF cares about the PAC's voice. :( With that said they do care about money, the bottom dollar.

Last edited:
No offense taken! I will say I really don't feel when it comes down to it that the PAC has much power or say. I don't think the USASF cares about the PAC's voice. :( With that said they do care about money, the bottom dollar.
I agree. This committee is a farce (I think the members mean well, but I have addressed concerns the exact way I was told to and received zero response - but I think only because they really can't do anything). I believe the idea of the PAC was created by parents and the USASF agreed to it only to pacify parents, rather than actually use any of their input.

I agree. This committee is a farce (I think the members mean well, but I have addressed concerns the exact way I was told to and received zero response - but I think only because they really can't do anything). I believe the idea of the PAC was created by parents and the USASF agreed to it only to pacify parents, rather than actually use any of their input.

Exactly, 1 example every PAC member I am aware of is strongly against play to stay. It has been voiced repeatedly. So far, USAF has not shown any plans to change this.

Exactly, 1 example every PAC member I am aware of is strongly against play to stay. It has been voiced repeatedly. So far, USAF has not shown any plans to change this.
And they won't. Because it means more $ in their pockets! Well "technically" Varsity (or other EP) pockets...but (cough) yeah....same thing.

And I want to add...it's not just cheer...youth sports has become BIG business.

I'm tired of caring about teams sandbagging, replacing athletes who have been there all season with higher level ones just to win at end of the season comps, and kids crossing down more than 1 level - just because they can and its not illegal. Our "governing body" doesn't care. EPs don't care. Because of this, coaches do not care as they're not violating any rules. We as parents and athletes can talk about morals and ethics until we're blue in the face - and often we do - but until I actually see some change I have better things to exert energy on. Cp's friend won a jacket yesterday on a lower level junior team. She's a level 5 athlete who has competed at Worlds but still of junior age. Nothing illegal. Things like this used to aggregate me beyond belief, but now I find myself shrugging my shoulders and telling her congratulations.

The PAC has the same amount of authority as the other USASF committees.

Back