All-Star Summit Day 2: Finals And Results 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If an athlete crosses from one team to another we were told they would only get one medal, not two. They gave the medals after the announcements but they had already run out by the 9:30 announcements Saturday night.
I don't know what I am SMH more at - the fact that they ran out of medals or this. If this is true then they basically encourage crossovers and then tell them they can only have one medal? How can they even keep track of who already got a medal - I just don't see Varsity being that organized to know Sally won with Jr 2 and again with Sr 4. And did they give just winner's medals or did they give Gold, silver and bronze? It all just seems crazy to me! :confused:

I don't know what I am SMH more at - the fact that they ran out of medals or this. If this is true then they basically encourage crossovers and then tell them they can only have one medal? How can they even keep track of who already got a medal - I just don't see Varsity being that organized to know Sally won with Jr 2 and again with Sr 4. And did they give just winner's medals or did they give Gold, silver and bronze? It all just seems crazy to me! :confused:
Everyone gets medals

My kid didn't make finals and got a medal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If an athlete crosses from one team to another we were told they would only get one medal, not two. They gave the medals after the announcements but they had already run out by the 9:30 announcements Saturday night.

I get cost cutting but that doesn't really seem right either. IF a kid competes twice on the two different teams he/she earned both medals I think. But what do I know I'm just a mom and just pay the bills. lol

My son once competed in a soccer tournament that ran out of 3rd place ribbons. They were just like "Sorry! We don't have enough 3rd place ribbons for your team." Um. You have had a roster for 4 weeks.

He was also not quite old enough to understand that he was at the end of the line and they legitimately DON'T have any more. Mommy wasn't just lying to get out of waiting in line to get one. Really.

I am also flabbergasted at the fact that Varsity can track that Suzie medaled in 2 divisions but can't figure out how to track and limit the fact that Shady All Stars just competed an entire Senior 2 made of Worlds and R5 kids.

Priorities.

I asked someone about the medal thing and was told they must not be giving them out this year. Droplet received a pez candy stick with a Disney princess on it before she returned to me after awards. That made me giggle..

Off topic but @tumbleyoda Droplet and I were so sad when your Y3 did not make finals. They were an incredible team this year! We were really rooting for them at summit.

It seems to me that the Summit should know their total number of competitors and order that many medals. That's easier to me than guessing a number and hoping the crossovers don't take two (then eventually running out). I'll never really understand running out of things like that. Even jackets I could almost see because they come in different sizes and you don't know who will want what. Medals are just medals.....order enough.

It seems to me that the Summit should know their total number of competitors and order that many medals. That's easier to me than guessing a number and hoping the crossovers don't take two (then eventually running out). I'll never really understand running out of things like that. Even jackets I could almost see because they come in different sizes and you don't know who will want what. Medals are just medals.....order enough.
Especially participant medals. With placement medals I get that there may be an unexpected tie but the number of participants is not questionable.

CP's medal fell apart an hour into wearing it. The stitching came entirely undone. Thank goodness she heard it hit the ground. I realize now I should just be grateful she received one at the comp before they ran out!

Back