All-Star Summit Day 2: Finals And Results 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rules need to be put in place regarding rosters for the summit.
For example you have a team of 25 in let's say large senior 3. You can add kids from higher levels to fill the team. you can replace the whole team if you want with better kids. There are no rules whatsoever. So of course everyone is taking advantage and stacking their teams to give them the best advantage to win.
Just really sucks for the teams that go with their original rosters.
I can see having to replace kids because of injuries and things like that but that's about it.

I totally agree these things are easy to fix and Varsity ignores them. At any bid competition you list your kids on a roster plus any current injuries. Than the team that competes at Summit must be made up 80% if you are a small team and 90% if your a large team of the people who won the bid.

I think the stacking maybe more prevalent in the level 1 or 2 or maybe it's just more obvious. We had a Senior level 1 team competeing and they are a true level one team. These are all older girls that joined within the last 2 years. i went over to watch them in the tent and it was obvious the bodies of the athletes did not match their supposed skill level. Our girls did not advance.

Since my daughter is older I am not familiar with the summit rules - why is it a free for all, and there is not a roster/bid rule like worlds? Isn't summit supposed to be worlds like for those teams? I am not understanding why this should even be a problem. What did I miss?

Since my daughter is older I am not familiar with the summit rules - why is it a free for all, and there is not a roster/bid rule like worlds? Isn't summit supposed to be worlds like for those teams? I am not understanding why this should even be a problem. What did I miss?
The Summit is a Varsity event and have limited rules regarding crossovers, adding kids, or replacing kids.

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

The only rule the Summit has in regards to roster changes/crossovers is that each team can only have 5 athletes who competed at Worlds compete at the Summit. No rules in regards to crossovers between levels or how many (except the standard 3 teams per athlete), roster changes, etc. So essentially a team can compete in Small Senior 1 (or any division) with 20 completely different athletes than who earned the bid, with say 5 worlds athletes, 10 from Junior 5, and 5 from senior 4. (just a random example)

Ok that makes sense then. I was comparing it to worlds being USASF. I have never really researched it. Thanks!

The second place team in my daughters division had tryouts after their team got a Summit bid to see who would actually compete.

This will not change until/if Varsity calculates that they will make more money by enacting some rules that control this than the current sham.

Anyone have black mold in their Pop Century rooms? A bunch of my teammates are sick and think its cause of mold...
Personally I think it's cause we were all around eachother and 1000's of other cheerleaders.... I also think they just have the common cold lol.

the PAC facebook page is pretty live right now regarding the Summit. It is interesting to see the varying opinions.

Well now, I was wondering if the Facebook topic would make it to fierce board. It's interesting to hear what everyone has to say about this topic here on the boards.

Last edited:
Now that I'm sort of recovered from my weekend...a few thoughts about Summit:

The sportsmanship between teams was incredible all weekend long. Every time I turned around, teams were encouraging, cheering and wishing each other luck. Special shout out to ICE senior 3 for starting a dance party in warmups on Day 2. Completely relaxed the entire atmosphere backstage. Teams were cheering for each other once warmups started and for a few minutes, completely forgot about the competition.

The quality of teams and routines thrown this weekend was incredible. At this point in the season, you expect everyone to hit, and the teams did not fail to live up to that expectation. Every team was good and I was so impressed by so many of them. The small j3 from Japan was absolutely incredible. I will honestly admit they shocked me. Forget the fact that their difficulty was on par with all the other routines, their execution was flawless. Truly a joy to watch.

Speaking of joys to watch, CA SassyCats and KittyKatz. I had not seen either routine prior to this weekend. Both teams were phenomenal. I think all of us were instant fans of both teams.

I finally got to meet @NEliteSteven Probably the most confusing moment of the weekend was his missing athlete. I happened to be sitting in the VIP section, and no one knew where she went or what happened. I'm glad to hear, after talking to him, that she will be just fine and it was nothing incredibly serious.

Overall, it was a fun weekend. Of course there were things I wasn't entirely thrilled about, but there were definitely more positives than negatives for me.
@Hscoach10 did you mean to rate this as gossip?

Well now, I was wondering if the Facebook topic would make it to fierce board. It's interesting to hear what everyone has to say about this topic here on the boards.
I did not read the post where a gym owner posted in a private Facebook page his intent to sandbag at The Summit but do understand it the discussion went off topic.

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

The only rule the Summit has in regards to roster changes/crossovers is that each team can only have 5 athletes who competed at Worlds compete at the Summit. No rules in regards to crossovers between levels or how many (except the standard 3 teams per athlete), roster changes, etc. So essentially a team can compete in Small Senior 1 (or any division) with 20 completely different athletes than who earned the bid, with say 5 worlds athletes, 10 from Junior 5, and 5 from senior 4. (just a random example)
What's really funny is that my CP could never be a big help on a Senior 1 team. She cannot do a back walkover to save her life LOL.

It is a definite concern for parents. Not as much for gym owners and certainly not at all a concern for EPs and USASF. I blame the governing body for refusing to change a system that has been put in place where gyms have been forced to choose between sandbagging to be competitive or making level appropriate teams and losing (and therefor losing customers).

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Back