All-Star Summit Or Us Finals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's a good point, but I think that's the point of the Summit. Face it, many kids will never be able to make it onto a Worlds team in their careers. I did it for 13 years and never was because my gym just never went Lv 5. So it's nice to see them giving the kids on non-worlds teams the same experience! It gives them the drive and motivation to get the bids and work hard for them. That's one thing about US Finals. Many teams do go to them, but it's really not hard to get a bid at all. Its kind of like how the International All Levels Championship was.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
I can totally understand doing a Summit for SENIOR levels 1-5R, but if you think about how much this one quest could add up to over the years in expenses for a family of a 6 year old youth cp who still has a good 12 years of cheering ahead of her.... It's crazy. Not sure it's so much about the prestige as it is about the money. I think of the families at our gym and how many of them could be taken right out of the sport if we decided to chase a summit title.

The answer is so clear to me. A hundred times over i'd rather go to the summit. I'm glad my gym skipped US finals all together this year.

Random Fyi: youth silver is competing at Us finals VB tonight

From what I was told they had a rough performance. Kid got hit in the face, coach ran on stage (dk what coach) and took her off. Routine kept going and was finally stopped after the pyramid. It was recorded for TLC bc the kids from my old gym had To sign waivers

I don't care for us finals. When it first started I loved it and it was definitely a bigger deal than it is now. I think the problem with us finals is for my particular gym the competition we attend is just like any other local competition since we see all the same teams we do locally throughout the season. It would probably be much more exciting if we attended a different location and were able to compete against some teams we don't normally see but that wouldn't really make sense considering its only a 1 day competition and there's one hosted in our home town. I love that they give jackets which makes it very exciting as well however I feel like by the time the video announcement comes out with the rankings of all the competitions combined, new teams have already been formed for the next season and you forget about it at that point because you are now focused on moving forward with your new team. The summit seems much more prestigious though from what I have heard along with that you can not pay your way into competing there you must receive a bid which seems much harder to receive that a us finals bid from the amount given and number of place with the type of bid and there is one location.

Being that these "US Final Rankings" are solely based on a single performance at multi-events with different judges scoring and then having these scores ranked (and coincidentally almost if not all the top ranked in each division seem to be coming from the VB comp)...I think I'm going to have to go with The Summit. Even when it was All-Levels, the first place teams were then video-judged by an independent panel of judges.

The Summit was fantastically run and truly great experience for my program and kids.
My 2 cents
1. The week after Worlds = UGH. If you own a gym or coach teams participating at both the only way I can properly explain it is extremely inconvenient.
2. The amount of crossovers I saw I am not a fan. I get that crossovers are necessary evil and everyone can justify it in their own terms. Seeing kids compete last weekend and this weekend is disheartening when this is supposed to be 1-5Sr "Worlds". JMO

I think there's pros and cons to both. Depending on the location US Finals has some large divisions with stiff competition and having all the locations makes it more accessible for smaller gyms and programs that can't always afford a trip to Orlando. The Summit seems more prestigious and well organized but some team members that cross over or families that have siblings on different levels are forced to be in Orlando back to back weekends which can get costly for families.

Back