All-Star Summit Vs U.s Finals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What competitions can you get Summit bids at? Isn't it only varsity brand? I thought COA was varsity owned but I remember them handing out U.S finals bids. (Unrelated sorry)

What competitions can you get Summit bids at? Isn't it only varsity brand? I thought COA was varsity owned but I remember them handing out U.S finals bids. (Unrelated sorry)

Summit is a Varsity owned and run competition, and only gives bids at other Varsity events. I believe COA is a Jam brands company?

I don't think this is accurate. Please verify.
I'll look into it further but I had a sanctioned events conversation with my USASF rep when I couldn't select those events to print rosters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally won US Finals, but never been to the Summit. I feel like winning the US Finals years ago would be a big accomplishment. But now, I think just getting to step onto the mat at the Summit would be an amazing accomplishment. Only the best of the best get to compete at that competition. You technically have to get 'invited' to compete there, which is an honor.

I've competed at both US finals and Summit. U.S. finals was sorta ehh and didn't mean much. But Summit was such an incredible experience and really did feel somewhat like worlds. I bawled my eyes out making it to day 2 and was thrilled to get 7th place. Summit is much more prestigious in my opinion, US finals has sorta died down over the years

CP is 4 so no Summit yet. She did US Finals in Kansas City this last year. To me Summit is a bigger accomplishment. US Finals was fun, but it is not just one comp that you have to earn a bid to compete at. Multiple comps and we went with open bid. But I love their jackets and the Champions Challenge. Although, we're STILL waiting on their jackets...

Going to the Summit is much more expensive (for us anyway) but definitely a bigger deal and more to be proud of. Plus, Disney World!

I don't personally feel like the two can be compared. Maybe if VB was the only US Finals and earned bids only, but it's not.

ETA: Same day I posted this, their jackets finally came in!

Did they run out of smaller sizes? CP's old gym competed at the same event and the senior's left with their jackets. They had professional pictures done the following weekend.

Did they run out of smaller sizes? CP's old gym competed at the same event and the senior's left with their jackets. They had professional pictures done the following weekend.

Yeah. We had two other teams win and they both got jackets there. I think it's because all the dancers went first and tiny teams went in the evening. And I think they were a little unprepared for how many little athletes would be there. From the US Finals Facebook page, I saw many teams had to wait on jackets.

Yeah. We had two other teams win and they both got jackets there. I think it's because all the dancers went first and tiny teams went in the evening. And I think they were a little unprepared for how many little athletes would be there. From the US Finals Facebook page, I saw many teams had to wait on jackets.

I can see how that would happen, and yeah, when I saw their competing time I could not believe that they switched the Tiny's/Mini's to the latest session. Glad it finally came!

I can see how that would happen, and yeah, when I saw their competing time I could not believe that they switched the Tiny's/Mini's to the latest session. Glad it finally came!

I was just glad we didn't have to be there at 6 am for once!

I was just glad we didn't have to be there at 6 am for once!

That is also very true! This past season, CP competed around 3 Pm for the first time ever and it was like, "YES!!!!!!" For the first time ever, we stayed the day of competition into the day instead of the night before.

I remember we were all pretty surprised about it but that's the truth.
They just don't advertise that they're NOT sanctioned so it slips by bc we are all so used to only attending sanctioned events.

According to Damianne Albee with Varsity the Summit is sanctioned.

Back