All-Star Surprised They Don't Have A Bid Yet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Reckless is going to Aloha to try and get the partial paid bid. They wouldn't go to USA because level 6 can't get paid at USA.
That makes more sense. So I'm assuming all of Cali attended one of the GSSA/Aloha comps earlier on the season? Or when a gym has multiple locations is each gym a separate entity??

ETA:,This is my first time trying to make sense of bids and bid declarations, and the different strategies that programs use to obtain bids... It's all kind of confusing to me.

That makes more sense. So I'm assuming all of Cali attended one of the GSSA/Aloha comps earlier on the season? Or when a gym has multiple locations is each gym a separate entity??

ETA:,This is my first time trying to make sense of bids and bid declarations, and the different strategies that programs use to obtain bids... It's all kind of confusing to me.
Cali attended GSSA in LA at the end of 2015. The old Super Six competition. It's much smaller now.

Cali attended GSSA in LA at the end of 2015. The old Super Six competition. It's much smaller now.
Thanks, that was what I was thinking. Another question... Do all the bid comps have this kind of requirement? That you have to bring either 1/2 program, or whole program to one comp to get a bid? I've seen it several times on the west coast. I feel like this could get really complicated for programs with multiple locations. I guess I didn't realize how much strategizing has to go into getting bids.

Love is also in a tough spot geographically. NoVa talent doesn't seem to stay in NoVa. I for sure thought two Cheertyme locations in an area with a lot of ex-gymnasts and where most HS cheer programs don't have a winter season would really do something.

The problem is All-Star has really only taken off in NOVA in the last 5 years. Prior they had mainly recreation programs (there were a couple of all-star) which still run strong as well NOVA is such a densely populated area you have several strong rec programs still running and renting space in the All Star facilities. For many years the best you saw in HS cheer was a back tuck and now in the NOVA area that seems to be the bare minimum and HS cheer in the area has become very competitive. It was always enjoyable to watch but it has been exciting to watch the level of skill increasing. Maryland Twisters pulls a good number of NOVA families for higher level All Star teams. I think in a couple of years you will see growth again in the Senior 5 category as many of the small gyms in the area have a good number of youth and junior 3 and 4 level athletes and CT has level 5 in younger categories. The question will be does CT pull in the kids from the smaller and keep theirs to regrow or will other smaller gyms retain kids and develop some World teams. OR will Cheer Fusion is growing and USA Allstars and further south Fame also pull those people willing to do the drive and of course MD Twisters. Personally would love to see in NOVA proper a CEA, CA or Fame location (not that I don't like CT I just like those gyms). Either way hoping CT grows strong in that category and that the growth in NOVA overall continues.

The problem is All-Star has really only taken off in NOVA in the last 5 years. Prior they had mainly recreation programs (there were a couple of all-star) which still run strong as well NOVA is such a densely populated area you have several strong rec programs still running and renting space in the All Star facilities. For many years the best you saw in HS cheer was a back tuck and now in the NOVA area that seems to be the bare minimum and HS cheer in the area has become very competitive. It was always enjoyable to watch but it has been exciting to watch the level of skill increasing. Maryland Twisters pulls a good number of NOVA families for higher level All Star teams. I think in a couple of years you will see growth again in the Senior 5 category as many of the small gyms in the area have a good number of youth and junior 3 and 4 level athletes and CT has level 5 in younger categories. The question will be does CT pull in the kids from the smaller and keep theirs to regrow or will other smaller gyms retain kids and develop some World teams. OR will Cheer Fusion is growing and USA Allstars and further south Fame also pull those people willing to do the drive and of course MD Twisters. Personally would love to see in NOVA proper a CEA, CA or Fame location (not that I don't like CT I just like those gyms). Either way hoping CT grows strong in that category and that the growth in NOVA overall continues.

Retaining young talent seems to be the problem with some gyms. "Homegrown" athletes want to be able to compete those skills and attend prestigious comps like those attended by the Twisters. I've heard of
Families commuting and carpooling up to 2 hours to be a Twister.

I've grown up in this area-cheering rec, and HS not AS as I lived in MD so it was technically easier to cheer in southern MD than go to any NOVA gyms. I know many girls who have ended up being carpooled into Twisters. Geographically CT Fairfax is the closest the Alexandria-Arlington-Northern Fairfax kids can get to an established, competitive gym. Many of my friends cheered at CT when it was Infinity. I know that Fairfax doesn't have winter cheer, which is huge. Many of those HS programs have true level 5 athletes because AS is a viable option. I think as more girls get into the idea of AS being an option, even if you aren't level 5, we'll see these programs develop. The talent is definitely there!

:(:(:(._. I'm late but I tried looking up what a NOVA is. Can someone please tell me what a NOVA is???

Back