All-Star Surprised They Don't Have A Bid Yet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure if there's truth to it but I heard Lady Elite went R5. Which made the LOT switch to MAG make a lot more sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are listed as medium 5 on the UCA schedule as well. Not saying that couldn't have changed recently though, but that would also make 0 sense to me this late in the season. Plus they do already have a worlds bid too, unless they had too many crossovers which wouldn't surprise me.

They are listed as medium 5 on the UCA schedule as well. Not saying that couldn't have changed recently though, but that would also make 0 sense to me this late in the season. Plus they do already have a worlds bid too, unless they had too many crossovers which wouldn't surprise me.
I don't understand why any of these teams would change divisions when they have at large bids in the prior division. Worlds is in 8 weeks people!!

I don't understand why any of these teams would change divisions when they have at large bids in the prior division. Worlds is in 8 weeks people!!
I get what you are saying, but it makes sense to me in certain situations to size up the teams that now already have bids and see where your team will be most competitive, especially if they are barely making it in a division in terms of number of athletes (i.e. 22 athletes on medium all girl) and only have an at large bid. For example, Rockstar all girl started as small AG, went to medium AG mid season through NCA, and just switched back to small AG. If a team still has bid competitions on their schedule, their odds of getting an at large is decent at this point in the season.

LAG guarantees finals. MAG doesn't, it's too competitive. NCA was a prime example of that!

Yeah but correct me if I am wrong .. there is 11 teams (including LOT) in large senior .. i would hate to be that ONE team that doesn't make final's day two ...

Also placing 11/20 in medium senior IMO is alot better than placing 11/11 in large senior.. not saying they would be dead last.

They had a lot of girls who aged out/quit cheering/moved to different programs.

Love is also in a tough spot geographically. NoVa talent doesn't seem to stay in NoVa. I for sure thought two Cheertyme locations in an area with a lot of ex-gymnasts and where most HS cheer programs don't have a winter season would really do something.

Yeah but correct me if I am wrong .. there is 11 teams (including LOT) in large senior .. i would hate to be that ONE team that doesn't make final's day two ...

Also placing 11/20 in medium senior IMO is alot better than placing 11/11 in large senior.. not saying they would be dead last.
But aren't LOT and KC Fearless both medium now?

But aren't LOT and KC Fearless both medium now?
Thats if both teams end up getting a bid. If they don't get bids as medium then it's either large or nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thats if both teams end up getting a bid. If they don't get bids as medium then it's either large or nothing.

Can they go as large with medium numbers? Since they have to compete large? If they're better with 30 and everything is ratio based anyway it seems like it would make sense to just compete large with a lower number if you don't get a medium bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems at this point in the comp season it's easier for teams to start winning these at large bid to Worlds. I'm basing this on teams who are attending comps that already have an at large or paid bid which means that bid will automatically roll down to the next highest scoring team...so it seems like a lot of rolling down to the next team will be occurring.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems at this point in the comp season it's easier for teams to start winning these at large bid to Worlds. I'm basing this on teams who are attending comps that already have an at large or paid bid which means that bid will automatically roll down to the next highest scoring team...so it seems like a lot of rolling down to the next team will be occurring.
Yep, that's generally the case. And it's not uncommon for some comps to have more bids than teams without a bid, so everyone gets one.

Back