All-Star Tall Flyers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 9, 2014
I'm 5 ''1 , I have long legs , bony and very flexible. Could I possibly be a flyer? I don't weigh that much i'm only 76 pounds and 12 years old .
~Cheertastic

Search bar *said like Beyoncé saying surfboard*

Sorry, height of flyers has been discussed many times on here and I know you're new. If you can hold your weight and stay tight in the air then yes you can be a flyer! Good luck!

This makes me very happy I'd love to see some photos/footage! Me and my cheer twin are 5'7 and 5'9 and constantly worrying about our height! We always feel like we have to prove we are as good as smaller flyers

Go tallies!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Were messing with you :) my son is a "flyer" but he flies Cessnas (he's working on his pilots license). :p

If it makes you feel better though there are some flyers that tall on his team.

My flyer is taller than me (at least 5'7) and I prefer basing her to the shorties we have on our team! It's not about height though. You can definitely fly even if you're tall, but that doesn't mean you will. It's all about team makeup, who is tight, who is flexible, and where it benefits your team the most! I know girls who are excellent flyers but due to the overabundance of flyers, base. That doesn't mean they can't fly in college or on a team with more bases!

My flyer when I based was actually almost a foot taller than me - she was at least 5'8" - and also played volleyball - and I'm 4'11". She had the most perfect body positions that looked even more graceful with her long legs. There was also a girl on GBE last season who was probably the same height as well - again, absolutely gorgeous in the air.

I love tall flyers, but they have to have beautiful body positions :) Not that small flyers can get away with messy body positions - but if your tall and have long legs, you better be flexible.

Were messing with you :) my son is a "flyer" but he flies Cessnas (he's working on his pilots license). :p

If it makes you feel better though there are some flyers that tall on his team.

Aw you had me goingggg!!

I'm 5'7 and fought to fly, always trying to be more flexible/tight etc :)

My Instagram is sarahbeaton23 if anyone wants to give me some stretching tips!

Back