All-Star Tanning Advice For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spray tan vs self tanning

• Total voters
Jul 16, 2013
Hey guys! So I've always tanned in uv beds for cheer, but I really want to give that up. I'm on an IOC6 team and our uniforms are all white, and I'm extremely pale naturally so I need some advice. Should I get a spray tan for comps or use self tanners? I'm scared of ruining my uniform, or having it get messed up when I sweat or something. What's your experience with tanning and what do you suggest ?

I have a white uniform and I just do airbrush tans. It will get on your uni but it's not that bad. I get it a little on my armpits where I sweat it and it rubs a little on the inside of my shorts. I spray it with a stain remover and it comes right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP usually spray tans on Thursday night before the weekend comp. There is no way her tan would be dark enough if we did it a week in advance! We also have used the Victoria's Secret Self Tanning Lotion - the gold and pink bottle. It has a bronzer in it so you can see where you are putting it and get it even, and then it darkens up over the next few hours. We used it at The Summit because we didn't have time to do a spray tan before we left. It worked great!

I agree that the Zote Soap does get everything off!

I use st. Tropez tanning mousse. They have an extra dark one that makes me look tan since I'm very pale. It never looks orange and I have never had a streaking or blotching happen.

Fake bake flawless is really great. Never had an issue with it. I use the spray bottle with the little mitt. It doesn't make you orange at all and you can see where you're applying it so it won't be streaky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTDT I eventually bought a spray tan compressor with tent etc on Amazon for a couple of hundred dollars. It was an investment for sure but my kids are as pale as they come so it's paid off in the long run. The kit I got came with a range of tanning liquids. I tested each on myself (in an inconspicuous place!) since I'm Caspar all winter too. Then was I was able to find the shade that would make the kids look less un-dead under the lights without skipping right to Cheetoh Orange. Well worth the investment IMO but we are a family of multiple users so maybe the math doesn't work out as well for just one.

airbrush tans all the way. i trust a professional to do it wayy more than i trust myself to smear formula on me haha. also it looks very natural and will stay on for at least 5 days if you take care of your tan

I should say that my CP gets spray tanned by a person using a machine versus standing in a booth. It is so much better to have a person do it because they can look you over, see if they missed anywhere, etc. It might be a little more expensive but worth every penny when you have a good person spraying you!

Back