All-Star Tanning Advice For Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spray tan vs self tanning

• Total voters
BTDT I eventually bought a spray tan compressor with tent etc on Amazon for a couple of hundred dollars. It was an investment for sure but my kids are as pale as they come so it's paid off in the long run. The kit I got came with a range of tanning liquids. I tested each on myself (in an inconspicuous place!) since I'm Caspar all winter too. Then was I was able to find the shade that would make the kids look less un-dead under the lights without skipping right to Cheetoh Orange. Well worth the investment IMO but we are a family of multiple users so maybe the math doesn't work out as well for just one.

What brand did you get? I've thought about doing this as well!

Thank you all so much for your help! I think I'm going to try and get a spray tan next thurs for my comp on Saturday and Sunday. fingers crossed that it won't ruin my uniform :D

Thank you all so much for your help! I think I'm going to try and get a spray tan next thurs for my comp on Saturday and Sunday. fingers crossed that it won't ruin my uniform :D

even if some color transfers, don't worry! it should come out with some soap and water. my mom hand washes my uniform and is able to get rid of any tanning color. the uniform is white and you wouldn't tell that there was tanning spray on it, ever!

If you get your tan on Thursday and don't compete until Saturday hopefully you will not have any issues with it coming off on your uniform!

I don't want cp to even fake tan, much to her chagrin. I don't like the chemicals, and I really don't like the overwhelming belief in cheer that they need to be tan when competing. I let her get a spray tan once, it looked fine and she loved it, but I just don't understand why it is necessary. Stepping off my soapbox now.

My CP is very very pale and with her white uniform her legs blend into her skirt, literally! She wanted to do a tanning bed just to get a base color and now that she is 17 she can, but I just don't want her to burn. We have never even done a spray tan, tried self-tanning once, it was a mess! She has Nationals next weekend, we are trying to decide what is best because she needs to do something...lol.

My CP is very very pale and with her white uniform her legs blend into her skirt, literally! She wanted to do a tanning bed just to get a base color and now that she is 17 she can, but I just don't want her to burn. We have never even done a spray tan, tried self-tanning once, it was a mess! She has Nationals next weekend, we are trying to decide what is best because she needs to do something...lol.
Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. I used it with my white uniform all through college and I know Lizzie on the boards (hey girl, what's your username...) uses it too. I like the squeeze tube because I think it blends better than the spray. The trick is to put lotion on your legs and let it soak all the way in before you apply the leg makeup. Then apply dime sized dots all over your legs (maybe 5/6 dots on upper legs and 5/6 on lower) and rub it all over, making sure that you cover every part of your leg. Let it dry completely before you put any clothes on.

I also apply to my chest and neck so that my legs aren't drastically darker than the rest of my body. I mix a little bit with my face moisturizer and use a slightly darker foundation than usual to match my face to my legs.

It will not come off until you shower and scrub your legs, but it isn't a stain, so it's easy to remove and start over if you mess up.

ajsc2w.jpg

Carry on.

does anyone have any suggestions on one that isn't super moisturizing? I've used jergens and the color and everything is fine for me, but it's just soo moisturizing that if i use it within even 4 days of practice/comp, my legs are still too slippery to even grab onto for my third. anyone??

Loreal sublime very easy to spray on and dries quick. Get it at walmart. We us it all season. There is also a lot of lotion that gradually add color but u have to use continuously. Don't do the bed!

Just say no to tanning beds!!! I get the pleasure, every year, to explain to my kids exactly what they have to do to remove skin cancer. If I can scare 1 kid off a tanning bed, it's a success.

Just say no to tanning beds!!! I get the pleasure, every year, to explain to my kids exactly what they have to do to remove skin cancer. If I can scare 1 kid off a tanning bed, it's a success.

yep. I had your typical high school tanning addiction. in the winter it wasn't even so much that I wanted to be abnormally dark I would just go to get warm. I am one of those permanently cold and shivering people and my school was FREEZING so I'd go straight after school every day. After a recent lecture in school about the signs to look for in moles and freckles (since my career has me staring at people's backs all day and I may notice something they can't even see) I realized I had quite a few that met that criteria. I spent my summer break getting them all cut off and quite a few were pre-cancerous, two were basal cell carcinoma and had to have more cut out.

DON'T DO IT. DON'T EVEN START. (also I swear by TanTowel -both the towelettes and the spray, in case anyone is interested. it's more of a normal person, "I don't want to look like the walking dead" color than a cheer competition color, though.)

Yeah quick question on tanning beds I have noticed it is quite popular for teens to be getting spray tans and I don't know if it's because our legal age here in England is 18 but it's a really taboo topic here- there's a lot of education on why we shouldn't have them and I've always known to just fake it out a bottle just like my friends (I don't judge anyone if they get them by the way) I'm just intrigued as to what the laws are and what people are told about the dangers etc?

Back