All-Star Tanning Beds Vs Spray Tanning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 19, 2012
While I know that tanning beds are really bad for you, what are the benefits of them over spray tanning?

(I haven't done either yet, but I'm really pale and need to do something about it)

i use the bed and i haven't found anything bad with it, except for the cancer later in life i will probably have haha. but if you get the tanning lotion at walmart or something, you get like 5x tanner in the bed than normal and it is really nice because it lasts, it just sucks when you burn, but fades quicker than a normal sun burn. Also, it is really convenient and i relaxing, i make all my life decisions in the tanning bed haha

My CP's now have a tanning bed thanks to their Paw Paw. I'm hoping once she get's the color she wants to be that it'll only take 2 or 3 days a week to maintain it.

As far as to why I think there are so many more tan threads lately is the influx of so much white into uniforms over the years.

Walmart lotion?! Spend money on the good stuff, please! I know Designer Skin is a popular brand and it's okay, but overpriced for what you're getting IMO. Swedish Beauty, Devoted Creations, and (the higher-end) Cal Tan stuff are actually GOOD for your skin and protect it more in the long run. Some are expensive, but many are middle priced. Swedish Beauty is a good brand and I feel like it's not as much "intense bronzing!" gimmicky as others. I used a Fig scented one and loved it. A lot of girls came to tan because their dermatologist suggested it and they used Swedish Beauty because it's better on sensitive skin. Also, ProTan is probably the most inexpensive brand that's decent quality. I think I paid $18 for one called Sweet Emotions and it smells delicious!
Also invest in the pricer beds for the sake of your skin! They're more expensive for a reason - you'll get darker faster, better bulbs, and you don't have to lay in the bed as often because you're getting a better tan! Okay, my rant is over... :p

I would suggest doing some of both, just because laying in a bed will give you more natural color, last longer, and it help clears up my skin. But spray tans are awesome too!

Personally I got the best color with the Snooki tanning lotion that you can buy at the tanning salon and laying 3-4 times a week switching beds. I would start out with instant, then to the fastest, then to faster and at the end of the week ill just go to instant again. Switching beds is the key.

My CP's now have a tanning bed thanks to their Paw Paw. I'm hoping once she get's the color she wants to be that it'll only take 2 or 3 days a week to maintain it.

As far as to why I think there are so many more tan threads lately is the influx of so much white into uniforms over the years.
You say "only" 2 or 3 days a week to maintain it? that is too many for anybody, especially kids. I hope she is not doing it that much. There is soooo many great lotions out there that are not bad for your skin.

Personally I got the best color with the Snooki tanning lotion that you can buy at the tanning salon and laying 3-4 times a week switching beds. I would start out with instant, then to the fastest, then to faster and at the end of the week ill just go to instant again. Switching beds is the key.
I loveeeeee the Snooki tanning lotion! I recommend it to everyone.

I loveeeeee the Snooki tanning lotion! I recommend it to everyone.
Oh girl. Me too. I love the smell. My great grandmother even uses it. And yes... She goes tanning. And she has perfect skin. Maybe its just me but I don't think that wrinkles run in my family. She's 70 something and seriously has barley any wrinkles and she goes to the gym and tabs every day.

You say "only" 2 or 3 days a week to maintain it? that is too many for anybody, especially kids. I hope she is not doing it that much. There is soooo many great lotions out there that are not bad for your skin.

Well my 2 oldest are 18 and 21 so of an age to decide how often they tan. My youngest is 14....so I will definitely do some research into this! Thank you!!!

If you haven't read the other thread......spray tans.....we have been using a lotion and a spray tan combo that has worked for us in the past. LOL At this point I'm walking a fine line between her sister's getting to use this collective gift to them and her not getting to. I know this shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I will definitely do some research.......thank you for bringing it to my attention!!

Well my 2 oldest are 18 and 21 so of an age to decide how often they tan. My youngest is 14....so I will definitely do some research into this! Thank you!!!

If you haven't read the other thread......spray tans.....we have been using a lotion and a spray tan combo that has worked for us in the past. LOL At this point I'm walking a fine line between her sister's getting to use this collective gift to them and her not getting to. I know this shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I will definitely do some research.......thank you for bringing it to my attention!!
I know where you are coming from......we have all done the tanning thing when we were younger, my daughter is 15 and has asked for tanning bed..............because her friends are doing it. So far, I have gotten by with spraying instead...:)

So let me ask...how old was everyone when they started tanning? I'm asking so I can guide my cp when she starts asking!
I always thought the tanning lotions would work well, until the last comp I went to and I was walking behind someone who missed a lot of spots on her legs...they were all streaky and I felt so embarrassed for her. So much so that in my mind I said "well, now I will have to consider tanning beds when cp asks because we CANNOT look like THAT!!" I know...I'm horrible...but it was pretty bad!!

So let me ask...how old was everyone when they started tanning? I'm asking so I can guide my cp when she starts asking!
I always thought the tanning lotions would work well, until the last comp I went to and I was walking behind someone who missed a lot of spots on her legs...they were all streaky and I felt so embarrassed for her. So much so that in my mind I said "well, now I will have to consider tanning beds when cp asks because we CANNOT look like THAT!!" I know...I'm horrible...but it was pretty bad!!
I was 14 and I think all tanning salons have a minimum age. I don't tan a lot and when I started I went to the lowest bed twice a week at the most

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Back