All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@mstealtoyou are you asking which fab 5 girl?

I'm sorry, but what she is doing on her twitter is not helping the cause of people bashing GP. Also, having another prominent coach favoriting her tweets about hitting the anon in the face looks bad. Why can't they take the high road and not give them the time of day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.....

Sometimes I get confused as to what standard we hold 18 year olds to.

In one thread people will say cheerlebrities are just real teens; they aren't real public figures.

But when they go and act like the regular 18 yr olds and 17 and 16 year olds they truly are...everyone is quick to condemn and chastise them

I'm pretty sure everyone at that gym is aware that the two young coaches have a lot to learn in terms of both coaching and ...overall decorum. Hence why they're actually co-coaching with two seasoned coaches.

Should she have said the hit comment....clearly no....but on the other hand when she walked off the mat at worlds she didn't suddenly because a mature and reasonable adult (doesn't that happen around 25?). She'll be okay. Dont give up on her just yet....

Anyway this whole time I thought the GP a stacked team so that those two girls could learn how to coach....on people that already knew how to...compete. Guess I was wrong-ish

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyway this whole time I thought the GP a stacked team so that those two girls could learn how to coach....on people that already knew how to...compete. Guess I was wrong-ish

This is actually a really great explanation to me. I was really confused as to why 2 girls who had never coached before were starting off on youth three. I know they're world class athletes, but there's a difference and knowing how to do something and knowing how to coach it. It makes more since that all the kids are experienced and fully capable of the skills (and that they aren't coaching alone). Makes it a little easier for them!

I suppose I had made the assumption that she realized when she received this position, there are new expectations placed upon her...just like any job but Especially a job with a title like "coach" .. Or what I consider typical epitome of a mentor/leader/role model.

I know it has to be aggravating to have to continually be questioned about GP for cea and it's easy to send a tweet..But no one is excused from having to act professional, IMO...and now they will have to face even more backlash than when it was just a convo about YE crossovers. Truly unfortunate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that'd be even weirder. That'd be a team of 10 five year olds, 10 7 year olds, and like a random distribution of 7-11 and 1-5 year olds. If a decent chunk of the team aged off mini 2 (meaning they're nine) the math is off.

Hmm that's interesting bc the ones I've seen "advertised" (so to speak) as being on the team who would be basing bc "they want to try it bc they think it'd be fun" already base. A majority of them have been basing for years- and regardless of age, many of them have been at CEA for 4-8 years/seasons at least bc they started when they were tiny age. Matter of fact, I found a hand me down t-shirt from the 2008-2009 season for Tiny's and there are at least 4 I know from that shirt on this team. And a mini elite (back when it was a true level 3 team) shirt from 2009-2010.

Five more (besides the 4 I just mentioned) have had solid level 3 skills- especially stunting and tumbling, for at least 2-3 years, if not more.
I know bc I have videos of them on ME back then.

At least 4 of the girls on the team have been on Junior Elite for at least 2 prior seasons, and at least half from the team pic I saw are from YE as well. So to say that they're mostly young and implying most of them aren't way above their level is incredibly misleading. The poster who said I was prob mistaken about how long some of them have been there and confusing them with kids who'd aged off of YE already is not accurate. If you count, 2008-2015 equals 7 years- not to mention this includes youth age kids, not former Minis.

I'm sorry but if you're not gonna be honest and acknowledge that many of those kids have been at that gym for 4 or more years and that it's not designed to be "stacked" is kind of disingenuous. Especially in a day and age when videos are everywhere. Also, to say it's bc so many aged off of Minis isn't entirely accurate either, since their "Mini 3" team the past couple of years has actually been a youth 3 team w/the exception of non-USASF sanctioned events (I.e.- their "X" evolution events) and have competed with kids over mini age at those events.

And to add to this discussion a bit more- anyone remember CSP's school/advancing levels analogy in her thread? Basically she said if your teams don't move up a level pretty much yearly you've failed them as a coach just like not passing to the next grade in school...AND that she didn't understand why kids at gyms, or more so gyms whose philosophy it is, to be "proud"of competing at the same level for years instead of advancing. She explained her strategy for having crossovers was in part to help facilitate their growth quicker.

So since half of this team has been there more than 4 years and most of them more, and they aren't at least competing a level higher, haven't you, by your own definition, "failed" them (her words not mine)? And are you proud to have kids who've been on level 5 teams now for several years and kids who've been at your gym for 7 or more years drop down to form a level 3 team?

Look just to be clear- I'm not hating on anyone, especially not kids. And if the gym's decided to take on a different approach/coaching philosophy, then it's certainly their prerogative and that's ok too! But if you're gonna put a team out there, promote them, give them constant exposure, etc and people happen to notice that it seems a bit "unbalanced", especially compared to your well known coaching philosophy (not to mention video proof) you can't get mad at them and then try to make up "reasons" and try to pass them off as legit "facts".

*sorry @gofriars610 - I just used this as a jumping off post bc I'm on my phone posting and it was easier than going back a few pages.

Oh crap- I had that post typed earlier today and cached on my phone so I decided to post it w/o realizing the topic had become more ummm heated regarding the coaches. :oops:
Sorry if that came from left field a bit. It's still relevant to the original topic referencing the team as being "stacked" so to speak.

Being well known is a double edged sword huh? I've seen other veteran coaches there post quite rude things in the heat of the moment and inappropriate things for underage kids w/o hardly getting noticed, which is bad since I'm not on twitter all the time and don't follow many people

*eta- I'd still let her coach my CP if she were still cheering...but then again my little one doesn't have her own twitter or IG either and I would look at how she (and any coach) is in the gym and leave the parenting to her father and I.

Last edited:
i dont like the cross over thing that some gyms do. but does it even really matter, i mean does a level 3 team even go to nca or anything of that calibur where it might be more controversial.....

At the age of 18 you are officially and by law considered an adult in most countries in Europe. So for me, 18 year olds are no longer Teenagers. Of course people make mistakes, everyone does, but thinking before posting on a social media website, especially knowing how popular you are and how many people look up to you and wanting to be a Coach, wouldn't be a bad thing.

I remember CSP once istagramed picture of sr. elite girl (Jailah I think) the day they won worlds and wrote "she didn't know that having her on multiple teams in multiple roles for 5 years was all part of gearing her mental for today"

CSP is a smart woman. She doesn't put kids on 3 teams and do all those crossovers just so her team can win it's because it help athletes grow mentally. One of my favorite fierceboarders CPs is on CEA and she won "future world champ" awards last season. This year she is on 3 teams. CSP knows this kid and she know she will have to be mental ready in few year to win worlds. Even if that means she has to put this kid in 3 different teams.

Other programs have won Worlds also, including some with different philosophies.

I am not saying this philosophie is the only way to win worlds but it's my favorite. CA and Cali has some great philosophies too which is helping them win worlds every season for a couple years now.

i dont like the cross over thing that some gyms do. but does it even really matter, i mean does a level 3 team even go to nca or anything of that calibur where it might be more controversial.....

Of course level 3 teams go to NCA... I don't quite get your point. Lower levels compete at big competitions, eg Cheersport, NCA, The Summit... not being facetious I genuinely don't understand what you mean.

Back