All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah it's a youth 3... I figured that would happen. Erica and another SE senior are coaching it (Lexi I believe?). They've been posting pics of KP (who has a full) and saying how excited they were about it so I'm not surprised they have more than just her with level 5 skills... :rolleyes:

What? Wait, I don't get it. If they've been on level 5 in the past, why would the be moved to a youth level 3 team? Am I missing something?

Just seen on twitter, there is a lot of kids from outside the state competing with k'ville, one girl
From cells, another from FCA and apparently a whole lot from ECE.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yeah it's a youth 3... I figured that would happen. Erica and another SE senior are coaching it (Lexi I believe?). They've been posting pics of KP (who has a full) and saying how excited they were about it so I'm not surprised they have more than just her with level 5 skills... :rolleyes:
This makes me mad :mad:
I thought Glitter Penguins was just a joke? Is it actually a real team? LOVE the name!!

I will say though that a large amount of kids on YE and a fairly good size on JE are not level 5 kids. They contribute in some way that makes the team great. Individually they may only be true L2 or L3. I don't think there is anything wrong with a kid being on glitter penguins and YE at the same time, that kid will probably never tumble on YE but they will get the opportunity on GP.

I have to say i really do like the way cea makes a big ceremony about revealing the teams you made for the entire gym - not just level 5. the only downside i see to it is if a kid didn't make the team they wanted. like how do they hold in their disappointment in front of everybody.

I will say though that a large amount of kids on YE and a fairly good size on JE are not level 5 kids. They contribute in some way that makes the team great. Individually they may only be true L2 or L3. I don't think there is anything wrong with a kid being on glitter penguins and YE at the same time, that kid will probably never tumble on YE but they will get the opportunity on GP.

As a mother of one of these kids, I can vouch for that. My daughter is tall so she's needed as a backspot on YE but her tumbling level is a 3/4.

This is an interesting idea but I'm curious about how it works (we do email placement/results.)

Questions:

What happens for those unhappy with their placement? Do they need to accept at the event? Are there pouty faces from kids who (example) thought they'd make SSX but got something else? Are parents there? Or is everyone generally happy?
All of the above lol.
Most of the "pouty faces" from disappointed team placements come from the parents (sad but true), so there's the answer to that question as well (that yes the parents attend).

I've seen kids moved to another team bc of upset parents with regards to placements.

Thoughts one this thread:
1. Sandbagging is unnecessary. Especially with a gym this big.
2. Why do we need a whole thread to discuss one specific gyms teams when we have a 2014-2015 teams thread? What makes them more special than others...?
3. I also don't find discussing specific athletes teams necessary. Honestly, who cares.

Yup there's my honest opinion. Teal army attack in 3,2,1....

It's a cool idea. I also appreciate having the ceremony for non-Worlds teams. But I also agree it probably could have gone in the "teams" thread".

I think a bigger deal is made by people assuming they will be "attacked" by Cheer Extreme fans than Cheer Extreme fans actually attacking others.

Could this not have gone in the 2014-2015 teams thread?
I am personally glad 4 pages of mostly nonsense is in it's own separate thread and not clogging up the 14/15 teams one with useless information. Not bashing on CEA since I doubt many people from CEA have posted on this thread - I have a good suspicion the OP has never actually worn teal.

Back