All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanted to apologize quickly, if I offended any parents by posting full names, I am sorry. Also there was a problem with a picture I posted which I saw on twitter under the hashtag teal reveal...obviously I did not see a problem with posting what was already published on such a public place. Anyway I don't wish to dwell on it, but I apologize and now I know for next time :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thank you, I didn't think it was posted maliciously. The picture of the athlete with name included is my child. As her parent, I prefer her name and picture not be posted on Fierceboard. Obviously, you had no way of knowing that was my child because I don't advertise her here, for many reason's. Apology wasn't necessary but certainly appreciated and accepted!!

Last edited:
Really? If you are going to double roster and cross down 2 levels that is fine - it's legal, more and more teams are doing it. But please don't come on here and make excuses (this isn't directed just at you but at every person who has posted that it is perfectly acceptable for CEA to cross all these kids on a level 5 and level 3 team and try to justify it because "hardly anyone has level 5 skills"). All anyone needs to do is to watch the first 20 seconds of YE from last year to know there are plenty of level 5 tumblers and nearly all were at least level 4 - standing tumbling doesn't lie - you can't recycle kids in that section. The stunts were all level 5, baskets level 4 and 5. I totally get that not every athlete is crossing to both teams, but given the skills that YE had last year, they will make a highly competitive level 3 team. Not saying it is right or wrong, but I just find it interesting that when other gyms do the same exact thing they get accused of sandbagging, but in this particular case it is perfectly fine. The double standard is frustrating.

Just curious - are there only 2 flyers on the team? Why the need to name specific kids? :confused:
First of all, I didn't mean to dislike your post so I fixed it lol.

I never said I had a problem with any other team doing it. What I do have problems with is taking a team that has been a level throughout the season and dropping that team down levels to win. I have no problem with crossovers... I think if it follows the crossover rules, it's fine with me. This is competitive cheerleading. I feel this way with not just CEA teams, but other gyms as well. So I'm not making excuses... Just simply giving my point of view.

And about the not recycling kids in the standing tumbling section, I beg to differ. I saw at least 4 kids do 2 standing tumbling passes. And only some of the others do layouts/fulls. The rest are stunting in the back. And if you watch running tumbling, there are a few more that have more than one pass. I wasn't saying that there weren't a good number of kids that have level 5 tumbling on YE, I'm saying that it doesn't mean that if a kid is on YE and GP that it means that GP is just a team full of level 5 kids.

I really don't get all of the CEA drama to begin with. The CEA fans (some, not all) always think someone is attacking CEA and the non-CEA fans (again, some but not all) always think that CEA fans are always making excuses just bc they're die-hard CEA fans lol.

Last edited:
Definitely NOT saying a child should be moved because mom complains, so don't take this wrong.

But chances are that child IS crying at home. We have a girl right now who is unhappy with her team placement. I sat at the front desk and watched her smile at the program director and tell him she couldn't wait for camp to start and to meet her new team. No sooner than he left and she's crying her eyes out. When her mom asked her why she told Mr Robert she'd be at camp, the girl said, "Because I don't want him to be mad at me. We're not supposed to be upset about teams!"

Again, not saying she's getting moved to the team she wants, or even that our director would have cared, just that she sure was not going to let him see her be bratty.

But as soon as he was gone, she was brand new. So, regardless of whether or not I think it matters if she cries, mom is definitely NOT making it up.

I totally agree with this. In many instances, children do not want to disappoint their coaches, team, nor director by showing that they are unhappy with placements. They also fear that they will be treated in an ill manner if they show that they are unhappy. So, they walk into the gym or studio with a smile and pleasant attitude; however, once they are out of the presence of these individuals, the tears begin to flow all over again. Sometimes this is due to parental pressure, but many times there is no parental pressure at all. The child just has a goal in mind and it is not achieved. Therefore, they are disappointed.

Last edited:
Yep! =\
I remember our last season there when they first did the teal reveal and one of my CP's former teammates came running up to me saying, "look look look I made mini elite!!!" She was so freaking excited and I grinned really wide and congratulated her w/a hug. I went over to say hello to her mom expecting her to be equally happy, but boy was I wrong! I was informed by the mom that her CP was really upset with her team placement.... riiight, she seemed totally devastated only minutes before :rolleyes: bc she (her CP) "knows that she's still on the baby team" and that "she's worked too hard to be on the baby team again". Followed by her own words, which was something to the effect of "We'll see about this- my baby deserves better (after proceeding to talk down another child who had made a "better team" than her CP :confused:) and "if Susie can be on that team, then so can my baby or I'll take her elsewhere".

Now I obv can't say whether or not her CP wanted to be on the other team once she was placed there, bc I never heard her say she was unhappy, and she seemed happy throughout the rest of our time there, but I do know for a fact that it was her mother , not her, who was upset with team placements. She was like 6 or 7 for crying out loud- you tell me :cow:

Oh oh oh, can I guess who???? ;)

@megsmom is an awesome team mom- just saying. Despite some tumultuous moments she was always able to set aside personal differences and is extremely organized, efficient, etc.
You could tell that she wasn't one of those parents who talked smack about other parents and kids bc her CP never displayed any telling signs of it (you can always tell when parents do, their kids certainly reflect it!! I don't know why they think their kids won't repeat things or act a certain way, etc.).

And she was there the night my CP broke her arm and drove me to the hospital and stayed w/me until my hubby got there. <3

I have seen more than one athlete who was genuinely upset about their placements...(not because their parents were but because the athlete was) ...suck it up and put on a happy face for the coaches and then later on say that they are fearful of retaliation if they don't pretend to be happy with their placement. They save their tears for their pillows. This is gut wrenching for any parent to have to witness.

If Kville is like Salem (assuming they are), team placements aren't final until August. If you improve you can be moved up to a higher level team or if you lose skills, you can be moved down a level team. For those who are upset over placements, they can try their best to improve and work their hardest :)

If Kville is like Salem (assuming they are), team placements aren't final until August. If you improve you can be moved up to a higher level team or if you lose skills, you can be moved down a level team. For those who are upset over placements, they can try their best to improve and work their hardest :)

It is...and I think that's why you see alot of kids with 3 team placement paper's. Say.....Coed Excel, Sr 4 and 4.2. Maybe it was a new layout they threw at tryouts and if rosters are final in Aug and kid continues to throw it through the summer then she woudn't be on 4.2 If layout was a lucky break at tryouts and they're not throwing it all summer they're already practicing with 4.2 anyway.........

I have seen more than one athlete who was genuinely upset about their placements...(not because their parents were but because the athlete was) ...suck it up and put on a happy face for the coaches and then later on say that they are fearful of retaliation if they don't pretend to be happy with their placement. They save their tears for their pillows. This is gut wrenching for any parent to have to witness.

This is why I think it's easier for the kids to find out team placements in the privacy of their own homes rather than at the gym or another public place with their teammates and coaches (and other parents) present.

It is...and I think that's why you see alot of kids with 3 team placement paper's. Say.....Coed Excel, Sr 4 and 4.2. Maybe it was a new layout they threw at tryouts and if rosters are final in Aug and kid continues to throw it through the summer then she woudn't be on 4.2 If layout was a lucky break at tryouts and they're not throwing it all summer they're already practicing with 4.2 anyway.........

I like csp's way of doing things for this very reason. Our gym's rosters aren't final until August also, and will move kids up/down if they need to. While my cp has never been moved I've often wondered how she would feel leaving the team she's worked with all summer to be the new girl on a team that's already bonded together. I think the way CEA does teams helps eliminate that situation, and I kind of wish our gym would do that, even if it's just for the summer to see where kids fit best or the kids they *think* may get moved.

That's actually a great life lesson. You will be disappointed sometime in your life. Learn how to deal with it both in private and public. Those are often two different reactions.

Back