OT Team Iphone Or Team Blackberry?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 3, 2010
So I'm up to get a new phone and I have no idea what to get. I'm with Sprint and they have the suckiest phones. Seriously, I refuse to pay 200 dollars for their phones, like no way. I've always wanted to try a blackberry, but seeing what some of you have said about them messing up and what my friends have said I'm afraid to get one. My dad just got a Bold from his job and I love playing with it. I've convinced my mom that maybe we should consider switching to Verizon which means I could get the Iphone. I have tons of friends who have one and they have no complaints at all about it. I don't know what to do. I don't want an Android type phone, they are too complicated for me haha

If android is too complicated, then iphone will be too? And Blackberry DEFINITELY will be. I am clearly Team Android. I wouldn't trade my phone for anything...except maybe another Android. Now AT&T I would trade - they are horrible. My phone is so easy to use - it's very similar to an iPhone except the screen is so clear it looks fake. I love it.

Blackberry was the worst phone I ever had. I went through 5 phones in 5 months. 5 of the same phone, they just had to keep sending me new ones. I finally got so annoyed I paid retail for a new phone. I had the Storm 2.

I would say get an HTC - either Windows or Android. Unless you're using it for work, a Blackberry is pointless, and even then it's probably pointless. :oops: And everyone I know who has an iPhone has liked Android better when they've used it.

So I'm going with TEAM ANDROID!
:D

(even though it wasn't a choice)

your best bet is probably figuring out what you want your phone to have then based on that pick which suits best since i've heard good & bad about both. ex - touch screen, bbm, facetime, app usage (different app worlds), prices, etc. personally i love my blackberry bold but it can be a crackberry..

Well then. That was helpful, wasn't it. LOL 3 answers...3 different phones. :D

I definitely agree with @hannahx0xbananaa (girl why is your name so hard to type out??? I had to check THREE times to make sure I had it right!) that you should figure out what you want the phone to do and then choose based on that. Go to the store when they aren't as busy (early morning, on a weekday - they'll still be busy, but not as bad) so you have plenty of time to look at everything.

And read the reviews online. Read the BAD reviews - they will tell you what you really want to know. Some of them will be obvious garbage or reviews that are really nothing to do with the phone (eg. "OMG...my first bill was $250!" really, who cares? Does the phone work???) but the ones that tell you about battery life, etc. will really tell you what problems to look out for. And you'll see what problems come up over and over again - if you see 25 reviews saying that the phone freezes up a lot, it probably freezes up a lot.

Since you'll be stuck with the phone for 2 years, choose carefully and make sure you're getting what you really want.

I'm team iPhone... Before that I had an HTC and it was ok.... I love my iPhone.. It's so easy to use and even my technology-challenged mom can use it!! The only problems I've had are trying to watch some videos because it doesn't support adobe flash... Also with trying to delete music.. For some reason my iTunes won't let me delete any music off of my phone (it could be due to my jailbreak though....) and it's seriously annoying.. Also, it will sometimes restart itself.. Once again, I don't know if that's normal or due to my jailbreak... I tried using my friend's Android and it was too complicated for me :p So, I'm team iPhone all the way (However, I'm NOT a fan of Team AT&T.. They seriously need to go die in a hole or something...)

each have their pros and cons. I currently have a blackberry but once this contract is up, Im switching over to the iphone. At this point, the only thing a blackberry has going for it is a easier keyboard and BBM. I love my blackberry, dont get me wrong, but the Iphone has much more to offer and is coming out with advancements all the time.

(However, I'm NOT a fan of Team AT&T.. They seriously need to go die in a hole or something...)

OMG...I could not agree more with this statement. WORST. PHONE. COMPANY. EVER. i don't know what I ever did to them to make them hate me so much, but I must have been Verizon in a previous life or something because AT&T haaaaaates me. HATES ME.

...Wait a minute...is AT&T based in Kville, NC???:eek:

IPHONE !

I've had an iphone since the first one years ago now. After the 2nd generation one I was like I want a blackberry but after thinking about it, the iphone has EVERYTHING. Plus it is very user friendly. Not very confusing at all. I had my 2nd generation one for over 2 years and recently got the Iphone 4. Wouldn't change it at all. And I have AT&T and honestly I don't understand why no one likes it, it has never gave me any trouble but that's all personal and financial I guess.

I loved my bb because of bbm and having keys, but when it drowned in my bag I got an iPony (cheaper plan). I miss bbm, but I love my pony, there's a few androids I've seen that are really pretty and probably just as (if not more) functional, but I've always been an apple kid at heart. Whatever you get, make sure you pay a bit more for insurance because if you lose it, or it gets broken (stepped on, dropped, drowned, smashed), you're paying for a worthless two year plan.

The real question should be iPhone vs Droid! I suffered in Blackberry hell for 2 years, couldn't wait to get rid of the darn thing. I went with droid because it had a better camera. With the new iPhone OS coming out in October, I'll probably switch to iPhone at my next upgrade. I like the features that are going to be added, especially that it'll wirelessly sync with my MacBook.

OMG...I could not agree more with this statement. WORST. PHONE. COMPANY. EVER. i don't know what I ever did to them to make them hate me so much, but I must have been Verizon in a previous life or something because AT&T haaaaaates me. HATES ME.

...Wait a minute...is AT&T based in Kville, NC???:eek:

Same!! We switched from Verizon to Cingular when we moved from Oregon (kept getting dropped calls... probably because we lived in the middle of nowhere...) then AT&T bought them and the rates went sky rocketing.... I'm trying to convince my parents to go back to Verizon but they never listen to me about anything.. :banghead:

I'm not sure.... That would be a shame to have such an evil entity harbored in that wonderful city..

IPHONE !

I've had an iphone since the first one years ago now. After the 2nd generation one I was like I want a blackberry but after thinking about it, the iphone has EVERYTHING. Plus it is very user friendly. Not very confusing at all. I had my 2nd generation one for over 2 years and recently got the Iphone 4. Wouldn't change it at all. And I have AT&T and honestly I don't understand why no one likes it, it has never gave me any trouble but that's all personal and financial I guess.

Not financial...?...LOL but it's the fact that I don't have a signal. EVER. I use about 20 minutes a month because that's how much time I can get the phone to work. And when I ask them about it their answer is "Oh, yeah...the signal isn't strong inside the city." :confused: Well...that would have been nice info to have when I bought the phone and told you I lived and worked IN the city. :rolleyes:

@TinyBlondie15 the prices with Verizon are about the same (maybe even a little higher?). But the service and coverage is infinitely better, so it's worth it.

Back