OT Team Iphone Or Team Blackberry?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
LOVE my iphone (but have never tried blackberry or android). have had zero problems with AT&T :)

Y'all are crazy.

Anyway, I LOVE my Blackberry, for the most part. It's so easy to use it's not even funny. All my little folders are where I need them and I know how to find things easily. My battery crapped out after a year, but I got a new one and I'm good to go. And when the Blackberry Bold Touch 4G comes out (I was told by a rep at the TMobile store, September,) I'm seriously thinking about forking out the $ for it. Literally, my only gripe with my phone is that it's a PITA when it comes to the Fierce Board.
I use my phone for everything. Notes, calendar, browser, obviously texts & calls, emails, GPS...My only wish is that I could play Angry Birds. So,

TEAM BLACKBERRY

I think it's all in where you live. Chicago is definitely NOT an AT&T place. But when I am not in Chicago it's great.

Oh if you look at my screen I have bars all the time. ALL THE TIME. I never don't have 3 or 4 bars. But I also never can actually make a call or send a text. :banghead: So I don't know that "bars" are very accurate...but I'm sure AT&T has more bars in more places. But I don't need bars on my screen. I need to actually be able to use my phone.

I agree on cost, I think they all cost the same with the exception of T Mobile. They were hands down the cheapest and best service I ever had. I wish I'd kept them and would switch back to them in a heartbeat if I could. When they say $50/month unlimited talk text web, they MEAN $50/month unlimited. My bill was $62 every month. The only reason i switched was to go on my sister's family plan (thought it would be cheaper) and now I'm paying twice as much.

Now what's up with this sooner upgrade? I thought they were all 2 years? Can I switch sooner? I don't know if I will because I want to run out my contract and switch companies, but just for fun...can I get a new phone sooner than 2 years?

Well if the last time you renewed your contract or whatnot was before march 20th then - yes.
They use to do something called the upgrade advantage program
If your individual line (not your bill) but your line averages over $99 a month then you were eligible for an upgrade at 12 months.
If your individual line was between $69-$99 then you were at 18 months.
If your individual line was less then$69 I believe you were eligible at 21 months.
Now everyone's is something like that I may be remembering incorrectly.
But unfortunately people on family talk plans complained to much saying it wasn't fair their primary line was eligible at 12 and their secondary lines weren't eligible till 21 months.

So any new upgrades since march 21 are all unified and everyone has to wait the same amount of time- 21 months. And they no longer go by that system above!!

But here is the trick to just see if your curious to when yours is

On your phone dial:
*639# hit "send"
Then wait 30 seconds you will get a free text with your eligibility date for upgrade.
If you are past due u can't upgrade so it may not tell you till after the bill is paid! (I'm not saying you specifically I'm really typing this for everyone who might want to see their upgrade)

If their has been more then 3 non pay suspensions in a year then AT&T won't let it happen- or if your an excessive off network user then you can count on them saying no.
-- just some reasons the above scenario about upgrades may not be true for everyone!

Now with your service that does suck. I don't know what troubleshooting has ever been done. The first thing if u haven't tried would be to go into the store and get a new sim card. Now they generally cost $25 but if it's service related it should be for free! If that doesn't work its probably a major network issue but if it's ongoing and everyone else in the same area around you that have AT&T and have the same problem. Then it may be just the way it is! I do agree if it was known there is not good coverage where your at then you should have been told that upfront. So I wish you the best of Luck!!

Y'all are crazy.

Anyway, I LOVE my Blackberry, for the most part. It's so easy to use it's not even funny. All my little folders are where I need them and I know how to find things easily. My battery crapped out after a year, but I got a new one and I'm good to go. And when the Blackberry Bold Touch 4G comes out (I was told by a rep at the TMobile store, September,) I'm seriously thinking about forking out the $ for it. Literally, my only gripe with my phone is that it's a PITA when it comes to the Fierce Board.
I use my phone for everything. Notes, calendar, browser, obviously texts & calls, emails, GPS...My only wish is that I could play Angry Birds. So,

TEAM BLACKBERRY

NO ANGRY BIRDS????? NO WAY. DEAL. BREAKER.

(PS...phones from this millenium don't really have "folders" ;) Please September hurry up and get here......:kiss:)

My biggest problem with AT&T was when I would be at an Alabama football game in Tuscaloosa. AT&T NEVER worked around the stadium. And they would constantly have ads about AT&T was the "official wireless sponsor or Alabama football". Yet I would have to use my daughter's phone and Verizon to call my wife.

NO ANGRY BIRDS????? NO WAY. DEAL. BREAKER.

(PS...phones from this millenium don't really have "folders" ;) Please September hurry up and get here......:kiss:)

Yeah, no Angry Birds, cuz I need ANOTHER way to waste time from the hours of 8:30-5 M-F...Frankly, it's a blessing.

And maybe I worded "folders" incorrectly, because I see that the Android and iphone have ICONS...exactly like what my Blackberry has. I've got your millenium... :starwars:

from a productivity at work perspective...mos def

from an entertainment and really aren't distractions what help work go by faster perspective... :chestbump:

Team iPhone and Verizon all the way!
But seriously. Never have had any trouble. Verizon has absolutely amazing customer service where I am. My parents have had every cell service offered in my area (and by every service, I mean EVERY service...) and Verizon was the only one to have service virtually everywhere INCLUDING at the beach! And I LOVE my iPhone :) best money I've ever spent. iPhone's are very user friendly and are just very convenient. Everyone I know who has a BlackBerry hates it. My mom, dad, sister, two uncles, all the people my uncle works with... all can't stand their BlackBerry's... I have no idea why, must just be bad luck in my family or something! haha.

when my mom complained to verizon about our non stop dropped calls, they said it was because there was no tower for them in the area, even though they had 3+ stores in the area.

we switched to AT&T and have had NO PROBLEMS!

team iPhone btw!

@Just-a-Mom Hm.. Yahh, AT&T doesn't like to work with me sometimes... When my boyfriend was in Chicago he kept getting dropped calls....

@Kriss10boo hm.. I think it may be because we switched from a certain amount of texts to unlimited that our prices went up.. You can blame me for that.. I went over the limit and my parents weren't happy... :p Thanks for all your info and input!! :D

Back