Team Logo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the Logo below, is Red ehancing or distracting?

• Total voters
In design school we were taught a logo is not good if it won't work in strictly black and white. There are a lot of times you will have to print/use it in b&w only. If you have a red heart, it will appear as a solid black circle in b&w version. I prefer the white heart. I also like the idea of just using the i without the words. Its more of a branding. People will eventually come to recognize the i. I also think from a tshirt, uniform design stand point the i alone will look better since the i with words is off center.

This is a very good point, although it might not appear entirely solid black it is dark enough to basically conceptually be the same thing. I have definately considered removing the words particulary since it is rather off balance depending on where I am attempting to place it.

I have found red is very popular but also when I place on any marketing the lack of red make it more usable. I have considered the possiblity of making the logo itself white and only adding the red to ientify our outreach programs. However, I am not sure if this woudl be too complicated. For example, I would like for our website to include a place where young adults can chat online, find resources, read stories of people who have been in thier shoes, etc.. basically a link to an outreach specificied ot reach and help them that is a part of Impact. So when they see the red heart it could identify where they can find resources, or where people can donate. The idea behind the red was after the old saying "everyone bleeds red" we are all the same inside no matter who we are or where we come from. The company itself would be providing services such as events, exhibitions, hosting foundraisers, public speaking with performances, etc. along with providing a that outreach for young adults where they can share thier stories, find out how to get help for themselves or someone else, what they cand do to make a difference and stop bullying, etc. Perhaps the red heart should be limited to simply the outreach- I belive with this kind of program it will be primarily online or colored printed media.

From a marketing stand point or design stand point, well even from simply a consumer/audience point of view, would this be a good idea or too complicated?

This is a very good point, although it might not appear entirely solid black it is dark enough to basically conceptually be the same thing. I have definately considered removing the words particulary since it is rather off balance depending on where I am attempting to place it.

I have found red is very popular but also when I place on any marketing the lack of red make it more usable. I have considered the possiblity of making the logo itself white and only adding the red to ientify our outreach programs. However, I am not sure if this woudl be too complicated. For example, I would like for our website to include a place where young adults can chat online, find resources, read stories of people who have been in thier shoes, etc.. basically a link to an outreach specificied ot reach and help them that is a part of Impact. So when they see the red heart it could identify where they can find resources, or where people can donate. The idea behind the red was after the old saying "everyone bleeds red" we are all the same inside no matter who we are or where we come from. The company itself would be providing services such as events, exhibitions, hosting foundraisers, public speaking with performances, etc. along with providing a that outreach for young adults where they can share thier stories, find out how to get help for themselves or someone else, what they cand do to make a difference and stop bullying, etc. Perhaps the red heart should be limited to simply the outreach- I belive with this kind of program it will be primarily online or colored printed media.

From a marketing stand point or design stand point, well even from simply a consumer/audience point of view, would this be a good idea or too complicated?
I like this!

I really love your concept and I am so glad you are helping and inspiring young kids. As a Marketing Major, may I suggest taking the Scorpion out of the I. The I is going to most likely become your "signature" and people will recognize you for it. With the Scorp in it, it's very hard to distinguish it as an I. People's attention is drawn to the most prominent thing in an advertisement/logo and the Scorp is what draws me in, yet I lose the rest of your logo with it. Just an idea :) GOOD LUCK!

I really love your concept and I am so glad you are helping and inspiring young kids. As a Marketing Major, may I suggest taking the Scorpion out of the I. The I is going to most likely become your "signature" and people will recognize you for it. With the Scorp in it, it's very hard to distinguish it as an I. People's attention is drawn to the most prominent thing in an advertisement/logo and the Scorp is what draws me in, yet I lose the rest of your logo with it. Just an idea :) GOOD LUCK!

I think I had this suggestion before actually, I have actually been debating removing the rest of the letters (mpact) and keeping the I with the scorp due to the balance. So I suppose my question would be if I remvoe the rest of the letter would the scorp need to be removed? My reson being, when I go to apply it to any advertisements I make or headers or websites, it is off balanced. I believe another Marketing individual pointed out that might be a problem as well (the balance). While I am not explicitly a marketing major I do a lot of graphic design and marketing (my major I believe is now being called "Applied New Media"); visually the rest of the letters seem to be a bit too difficult to force to work. Plus it is far easier to keep it simple as far as brand recognition goes. While I considered removing the scorpion, when it comes to places where I have only the "i" logo, simpy an "i" did not seem to work. I am not sure if I may need to redesign the logo perhaps? My second concern was for those not familiar with cheerleading- is the scorpion recognizable enough? I really want to combine both efforts and I choose a scorpion becuase overal I do feel it is generally a fairly recognized cheer stunt however perhaps playing with ideas such as a toe-touch may work better?

I think I had this suggestion before actually, I have actually been debating removing the rest of the letters (mpact) and keeping the I with the scorp due to the balance. So I suppose my question would be if I remvoe the rest of the letter would the scorp need to be removed? My reson being, when I go to apply it to any advertisements I make or headers or websites, it is off balanced. I believe another Marketing individual pointed out that might be a problem as well (the balance). While I am not explicitly a marketing major I do a lot of graphic design and marketing (my major I believe is now being called "Applied New Media"); visually the rest of the letters seem to be a bit too difficult to force to work. Plus it is far easier to keep it simple as far as brand recognition goes. While I considered removing the scorpion, when it comes to places where I have only the "i" logo, simpy an "i" did not seem to work. I am not sure if I may need to redesign the logo perhaps? My second concern was for those not familiar with cheerleading- is the scorpion recognizable enough? I really want to combine both efforts and I choose a scorpion becuase overal I do feel it is generally a fairly recognized cheer stunt however perhaps playing with ideas such as a toe-touch may work better?
Maybe putting the Scorp on top of the I as if the I is what's holding up. I like the idea of a recognizable cheer stunt/idea being in there. I feel you need a combination of both because the I itself isn't a very strong logo. Just play around with it a little, move it around and see what you come up with. Your graphic work itself is amazing!

Maybe putting the Scorp on top of the I as if the I is what's holding up. I like the idea of a recognizable cheer stunt/idea being in there. I feel you need a combination of both because the I itself isn't a very strong logo. Just play around with it a little, move it around and see what you come up with. Your graphic work itself is amazing!

I will try to see what I can do and play around with it a bit more and see what I can come up with. Thank you :)

I like the script - in part because it makes it more obvious that the "I" is supposed to be an "I". I would also play around with a lower-case "i" maybe using the heart as the dot and the stunt in the body of the main part. - just a thought.

I like the script - in part because it makes it more obvious that the "I" is supposed to be an "I". I would also play around with a lower-case "i" maybe using the heart as the dot and the stunt in the body of the main part. - just a thought.

Thanks, I wil definately try that, that sounds like a great idea, I will have to play around with that

Back