All-Star Team Moms at gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not yet. I sent the team parent one out to all the team parents. I think the Cheer Parents 101 (or a CEA version) will get handed out this next season to everyone. It's got lots of good information for new parents and many old parents have mantioned that there a great reminders in there for them as well

Not all team moms give out the goody bags (although that is very nice) since it can get expensive. I was team mom last year of a mini team. I coordinated team building parties (pool party, skating party, and gym lock-in), sent e-mails on behalf of the coaches, kept the parents informed of practices, competition details, etc. I had a phone roster of all parents and if kids were late to practice or competition, I would make the calls on behalf of the coaches to find out where everyone was. I also sent out the website info for each competition with the 'event/parent' information on admission, parking, if cameras/video was allowed. If it was an out of town competition I provided some hotel recommendations (this gym did not do group/block booking). Most parents tried to stay at the same hotels. I also asked everyone to provide me the name of the hotel they were staying at so we could find everyone if needed. With the younger teams, like Minis, I don't think you can give out too much information because it was most of the girls first year cheering. I also coordinated the coaches Christmas gift and end of season gift, etc. There was another mom that volunteered to collect pictures from all the other parents and made a nice photo book for all the girls. At competitions, I have helped in the back during practice, collected the girls warm-ups before going on stage (outdoor competition) and just other little things that the coaches didn't have time to bother with.

If you think it is a bit too much for one person, then I would suggest having two team moms. We unofficially have two team moms due to the first volunteer's job has kept her very busy, so another mom assists her. Nothing wrong with a group effort. :)

My team Since we Are International And Mostly Take Care of Ourselves dont have a team Mom...but they younger teams have INSANE moms Some in a good way and Some need to not be the team MOM!

Team moms or dads/fierceboarders ~ what iPhone app would you recommend to send out mass text? Thanks in advance.

Team moms or dads/fierceboarders ~ what iPhone app would you recommend to send out mass text? Thanks in advance.

Twitter! My phone only has to send out a single message --- good when I'm in the basement of the Georgia World Congress Center and my coverage is spotty --- and everyone receives it instantly and at the same time.

I use Text Blast and Mailshot. I did buy the upgrade on mailshot for $3.99 it will let email groups of up to 50. They were easy to load contacts to also!! I had a droid which had group features so when I got the iphone I found these and am pleased.

Anyone have any ideas for Halloween treats for a Senior team with 1 boy, looking for an alternative to candy. Average age on team is 14-17

stickers, popcorn balls or "popcorn hand" (http://littlenummies.net/2009/09/spooky-popcorn-hand/), caramel apples, halloween pens/pencils, glow in the dark neclaces/bracelets/etc., "potions"(a.k.a gatorade), team magnets in halloween colors (make a design, laminate it and hot glue a magnet to the back), fortune cookies with an inspirational message and dipped in chocolate and halloween sprinkles, granola bars with a custom wrapper for the team, orange.black or purple halloween shoelaces........just throwing some ideas out there :)

Someone asked a question about team parents recently, so I'm reviving this thread in case anyone wants to get any ideas. . .

I think the purpose of team moms is to take some jobs off the coaches! This way basic info can b answered hopefully by the team mom and not so many emails going to the coaches.

Back