All-Star Team Names

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 11, 2011
What names would you never dare to name your team because that name is associated with a big name already?

I would never touch the name shooting stars and f5 but, that is about it.

I don't think any other gym could pull off authentic cat names like fiercekatz in the way that CA has, but that's just me. I don't have issues with teams named senior elite because in old cheer days many teams were junior intermediate, senior elite, etc. just my opinion.

I don't think any other gym could pull off authentic cat names like fiercekatz in the way that CA has, but that's just me. I don't have issues with teams named senior elite because in old cheer days many teams were junior intermediate, senior elite, etc. just my opinion.

I miss those days of novice, intermediate, excel ect

senior elite, that's ok. just as coldasICE said, the only reason many teams have that name is because that was kind of the general thing back in the day. I've been on several senior & junior elite teams. But names like fiercecats & swooshcats, untouchable unless you're with CA.

Rockstar Cheer has team names I think only they can use of course because of their gym's name... but if any other teams were The Monkeys, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, or The Beatles then it would be weird. But my daughter did ask me why one of their teams was named after a bug... I just laughed and walked away hahaha

Senior Elite. At a competition I was at, there was a senior 3 team named Senior Elite.. Like... Are you kidding? And not to mention the team had approximately three tucks.
Yeah but more then likely those kids might not even know who senior elite is? Surprising huh? lol, its true, there are people all over the country that don't follow other teams. When I first read this thread I new someone would say Senior Elite, but to be honest, Senior Elite is a pretty generic name. Back when we did not have levels and had intermediate, advanced and elite alot of senior teams were named Senior Elite. =)

Please correct me if I am wrong because my memory is fuzzy, but isn't that where the "elite" in CEA's team names came from originally. I remember competing against them in the Coed Elite division back in the day. Not to say that name is not synonymous with CEA, but I do agree with those who have said the concept of senior elite being a widely used team name and not just a knock off of CEA would not surprise me.

Rockstar Cheer has team names I think only they can use of course because of their gym's name... but if any other teams were The Monkeys, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, or The Beatles then it would be weird. But my daughter did ask me why one of their teams was named after a bug... I just laughed and walked away hahaha
Totally random, I just wish they'd use their team name bands music in their routine. That probably makes me OCD.

I mean there's not many names a team can call themselves. Eventually, gyms' will run out of names to call their teams that aren't the same as another team's, a name is bound to be repeated. And also a gym can name a team anything they want to, it's just a name. Last time they checked the words "Senior" and "Elite" weren't owned by CEA. JMO.

Kentucky Elite had a fiercecatz at one point, maybe still do. They actually share a lot of the same names as CA, just thinking off the top of my head. I am pretty sure both have an itty bitty kitties.

I don't think I would do cats at all because of CA. Of course they don't own cat names and I have seen many gyms with teams named that but there's just so many of them that I personally wouldn't want to compete with it.

Also, the army/mob/whatever it is theme that Cali has going (Aces, Mafia, Little BB's, etc.). I wouldn't do that theme. One, because it's Cali, and two, because I don't think that'd be my gyms style.

Back