High School Team Problem

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2013
So my team is going to competition and I'm competing with one other main base to be on the competition team, but she's getting more opportunities to stunt than I am. Does anyone have ideas in what I should do?

Keep your attitude positive no matter what happens. Attend all your practices, give it your all in every area (not just stunting). It may not work out this time around, but hopefully your coach will remember your response to the situation and how you handled it even if you are disappointed with the result. And don't forget that this is a sport in which athletes get injured all the time so you never know where else you might wind up. Good luck and hope you get it!

Stunt as much as you can. Get the experience under your belt so your coach can trust you to hit the stunt. If you have a ten minute water break, grab a sip then ask your group to try a couple of times at the stunt or sequence. Show your coach you are willing to work for it.

And if in the end they don't pick you, support your team and still give it your all. Someone could get hurt or sick and a replacement will need to step up and into the role, who knows their stuff and has a good attitude.

Back