All-Star Teams With Paid Bids Paying Extra

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D

Deleted member 11300

To teams with full paid bid to Worlds.....are any of the gyms charging you extra or is all of your expenses paid for? Is a full paid bid $25,000 for a large team? If so, that's $694 per CP. What does the bid pay for at your gym? I've heard some teams still have to pay extra while other gyms are paying the difference. Thanks.

The amount received only covers your stay. You still have to pay for food, air fare, and extras - especially if you are coming from the west coast. Also you may pay extra to your gym for practice clothes and coaches fees. And if some athletes are not paying for that than your fee to the gym would probably have to cover the non paying athletes. What gyms would pay all the difference for all athletes on a team? Wow that would be huge especially for a west coast team.

It also only covers a couple nights stay (I don't remember how many off hand). If you want to stay longer than that, you have to pay.

ETA: the room rate is for 4 people in the room.

A paid bid only gives $650 per athlete and up to two coaches. So if your team only has 16 athletes compete and receive a paid bid, you'll only receive $11,700. The EP is responsible for giving you the money. It usually goes toward airfare and hotel which are the most expensive items. Some teams get at large bids first and pay deposits or purchase airline tickets, therefore when they receive their paid bid... They can use it for what they still need.

Charlotte Allstars is paying for both its At Large teams to go to Worlds. Airfare, hotel and comp fees. The only thing the parents have to pay for is food.
Unless they won the lottery at some point, have a multi-million dollar benefactor or made a boatload of money in earlier business transactions this year, that had to have been included in the pay structure somewhere along the line. Their teams are a medium and large (I believe) and I cannot fathom a gym having that much disposable income (yes, gyms are a profit business but they don't make THAT kind of profit) to support paying for all those kids entirely. It's not like they're just paying a paid bid's overages, an at large gets you no money. I'd love to know how they were able to afford that. It's amazing for kids, I just can't wrap my head around their resources to make it happen.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It also only covers a couple nights stay (I don't remember how many off hand). If you want to stay longer than that, you have to pay.

ETA: the room rate is for 4 people in the room.

It would cover a 5 night stay for 4 people, and almost cover a 5 night stay for 3 (in Allstar)

Unless they won the lottery at some point, have a multi-million dollar benefactor or made a boatload of money in earlier business transactions this year, that had to have been included in the pay structure somewhere along the line. Their teams are a medium and large (I believe) and I cannot fathom a gym having that much disposable income (yes, gyms are a profit business but they don't make THAT kind of profit) to support paying for all those kids entirely. It's not like they're just paying a paid bid's overages, an at large gets you no money. I'd love to know how they were able to afford that. It's amazing for kids, I just can't wrap my head around their resources to make it happen.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/

I don't know how Charlotte is paying, but they are. I am only paying for my CPs food and incidentals. I can assure you it was never included in the fees I have paid thus far.

I don't know Charlotte is paying, but they are. I am only paying for food and incidentals . I can assure you it was never included in the fees I have paid thus far.

What are the arrival day's of both teams? I'm just trying to toss some number around......lol

Back