All-Star Teams With Paid Bids Paying Extra

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Heard a gym with an at large is changing their athletes $800 for worlds..... Ummm bye

That's ridiculous!

Well, the gym isn't actually charging it, the hotel and airline are. And I'm not sure what you think it generally costs to travel to Worlds, the most gyms would jump at that number if it was offered.

Well, the gym isn't actually charging it, the hotel and airline are. And I'm not sure what you think it generally costs to travel to Worlds, the most gyms would jump at that number if it was offered.

Are you sure the gym isn't charging that? I know I have paid about between $400 to $650 depending on if we stayed on or off site. Plus an additional $300 to $350 for airfare from the west coast but we didn't pay that to the gym. IF it includes airfare then okay, but I am well aware of what it has cost me for several years to travel to Worlds

I know that we (Medium Coed) have a full paid and are having to fund raise also for our trip. We are staying off site for 3 nights and flying down together. I would love to see how some teams use their money. I've been on a team before where I didn't have to pay a dime. I even got free shoes... so... I don't know how some teams use their money

That's ridiculous!
Are you sure the gym isn't charging that? I know I have paid about between $400 to $650 depending on if we stayed on or off site. Plus an additional $300 to $350 for airfare from the west coast but we didn't pay that to the gym. IF it includes airfare then okay, but I am well aware of what it has cost me for several years to travel to Worlds
I'm 99.9% this isn't including air fair

Heard a gym with an at large is changing their athletes $800 for worlds..... Ummm bye

It usually costs us over $800 to send an athlete to Worlds. Worlds is by far the most expensive competition of the season for us. Nothing else is even remotely close. Unless the gym is up-charging you, blame the USASF, Disney, and whatever airline they are taking, not the gym.

The athletes packages for 3 nights/tickets quad occupancy is $507 at the All Stars. Add air to that, and $800 sounds about right depending on where you are flying from.

Do u get an itemized statement from ur gym showing exactly what u are paying for? Mstealtoyou so graciously calculated how much Charlotte AllStars is paying to take their 2 teams to Worlds and it comes to $594 per kid. Includes airfare, hotel and hopper pass. I know there are variables, but if ur large team got a $25000 full paid bid, that's $694 per kid. How much extra are u paying the gym? Do u have to pay for coaches rooms, their food, their hotel and airfare? Their kids, the grandparents, clothes, the coaches bar bill? I would hope u would ask. So blessed that Charlotte AllStars is paying for us to go. One less stress in our lives.

Do u get an itemized statement from ur gym showing exactly what u are paying for? Mstealtoyou so graciously calculated how much Charlotte AllStars is paying to take their 2 teams to Worlds and it comes to $594 per kid. Includes airfare, hotel and hopper pass. I know there are variables, but if ur large team got a $25000 full paid bid, that's $694 per kid. How much extra are u paying the gym? Do u have to pay for coaches rooms, their food, their hotel and airfare? Their kids, the grandparents, clothes, the coaches bar bill? I would hope u would ask. So blessed that Charlotte AllStars is paying for us to go. One less stress in our lives.

I absolutely believe every parent should know what the $800 is for.

But I also know that $800 isn't an unreasonable number. It's very likely that part of it includes rooms & airfare for coaches. The parent should know how much that is.

If it includes a bar bill, that would raise red flags.

Obviously Tealy was using estimates and her total didn't include amounts for coaches, so that would need to be added in.

I'm not trying to defend a specific gym because I don't know who the gym is. But I do know that my daughter competed at Worlds 7 times. I also took my Bows & Arrows on a graciously granted paid bid from Cheersport. The trip is very pricey and $800 isn't unreasonable.

I'm not saying $800 is unreasonable. I'm sure airfare from West Coast is a lot more than East Coast. Plus it depends where the kids stay. A lot of variables. You gotta pay to play. Anyone who is involved in a sport that has a worlds or national finals has expenses if they want to go. Was just wondering how it varies from gym to gym.

Two years ago my CP went to Worlds with a West Coast team on an at-large bid. I paid for everything directly, except for the quad room at AllStar for which I wrote a check to the gym for the amount listed in the USASF paperwork. Our gym did not ask us to pay anything towards the coaches travel costs. We did fundraise which helped towards those costs as well as practice clothes/t-shirts.

The total cost for my 12-year old CP including food, travel and a Worlds t-shirt and sweatpants ...$1125 (and I got great airfare which I can't come close to getting this year). Double that if you include me traveling with her.

My hubby jokingly figured out the per second cost of competing (their team didn't make it past the first round)!

It usually costs us over $800 to send an athlete to Worlds. Worlds is by far the most expensive competition of the season for us. Nothing else is even remotely close. Unless the gym is up-charging you, blame the USASF, Disney, and whatever airline they are taking, not the gym.
This is only the rooming/coaches fee these athletes are paying. No airfair. My world's trip as a little over $800 so for them to charge these. Athletes $800 for the room+ coaches fee is way too much

Current gym does not ask us to pay coaches travel for Worlds (assuming accounted for as general overhead expense) but as others have pointed out depending on what it includes is not too unreasonable. I am paying almost $800 per person for the Disney package and airfare alone. That is a quad room at Movies.

MissCongeniality, never ever share that information.

Current gym does not ask us to pay coaches travel for Worlds (assuming accounted for as general overhead expense) but as others have pointed out depending on what it includes is not too unreasonable. I am paying almost $800 per person for the Disney package and airfare alone. That is a quad room at Movies.

MissCongeniality, never ever share that information.
Lol! I quoted the commercial as I smiled and said "the experience...priceless!" (And I did not gripe to him about the heat, the crowds, the seating)

Its not common for gyms on the west coast to pay their gyms for airfare, everyone books their own, Ive never heard of a gym that arranges flights. Plus you have to consider that many stay off site.

There was a gym who charged 150.00 extra for every travel comp and their coaches stayed in the best suites the hotel had, so crazy things do and will always happen out here.

Back