All-Star Tease Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2014
I was just wondering two things about teases, because up until my first competition of this season I had never teased my hair. For now my team is only doing slicked back ponytails with a big teased ponytail
1. How do I keep my hair teased and big throughout the day?
2. What are some tips to take out the tease?
(I think I ripped out 30% of my hair trying to get the last tease out :confused:)
And any other teasing tips you might have for poofs and curled pony tails
Thanks

Also, do a deep conditioning treatment in the shower afterwards and then use lots of detangler spray afterwards. I could never brush or comb my hair after gymnastics competitions (large mass of curls with gel and hairspray) but if I deep conditioned and then used detangler I could make it less painful and lose less hair.

Try to gently brush/comb out as much as you can before you shower, starting from the ends of your hair and working your way up. I've found that once you jump in the shower and after shampooing, lay on the conditioner to the teased portions of hair (shampoo will also help take out some of the tease/get rid of the hairspray). Bring a comb into the shower with you and again, gently comb out the teased bits. The conditioner makes this really easy!

Since you're just doing straight hair, my biggest piece of advice would be to wear human hair extensions and clip them in underneath the top layer of your hair. Sally's Beauty supply has them for about $60 and it's well worth it. Clip another row at the bottom row so the length looks right. Tease the living daylight out of the extensions and try not to do anything to your natural hair, besides straightening it. Ripping knots out of a removable clip-in is 1000x easier than ripping them out of your head!

*teased curly pony tips: SLEEP IN 1" ROLLERS INSTEAD OF USING A CURLING IRON. Take the rollers out in the AM, then use a teasing comb (those tiny-toothed combs you can get for like $1 in the travel section) to separate the curls and make them bigger. It lasts longer and does waaaay less damage to your hair.

Back