All-Star Temper Tantrums While Competing!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im a little more understanding of this. sometimes worlds is a "once in a lifetime" thing and it sucks to bust.

I honestly dont care if it worlds or a jr high competition, if you bust then you busted, theres nothing you can do and theres no reason to call more attention to yourself. Yes it does suck and I know how it feels, my stunt has fallen at a big comp before and I felt horrible. But save the tears/tantrum for when the routine ends. Its completely unfair to the rest of your team to drag down the routine because you messed up. Smile bigger and perform harder, you should be making up for your mistake not adding to it.

I had a girl on my team a few years back that would bust her pass (shes was last pass), on a senior level five team and start punching the floor and screaming..... she threw literal tantrums on the floor, in the middle of the routine.

One year a girl did not land her opening tumbling pass, and cried through the whole routine, not even smiling. It was awful. Happened at two competitions..

About 5 years ago, this happened to a different team in my gym. There was a set of twins that everyone had problems with. Overall, they were just rude and picked fights with everyone. At a competition, their flyer fell and they went nuts on the competition floor. They were screaming "your the worst F-ING flyer in the world" "you shouldnt be on this team" stuff like that, through the rest of the stunt sequence. Of course they were right in front of a microphone placed on the floor so the judges heard the entire thing. This was the last straw, and after that incident they were kicked off the team.

The same girl who caused me to start the sabotaging teammates on the floor absolutely belongs in this thread too. Keep in mind, this girl at the time was 16-17, not 9-10. I honestly have a video of her stomping her feet on the competition floor because of her either busting tumbling or her stunt falling. She did it so many times it could have fallen under either of the two situations. :banghead:
you should post it :p

I have two girls on my team that are super competitive and are sisters. Literally every practice or competition warm up turns into a fighting cry fest. It's the craziest thing you could ever witness. If their stunt isn't perfect it turns into a blame game, and the crying happens. I mean, I guess it's not so bad that they just want to be perfect!

I've seen a whole lot of bases getting nasty with flyers that come down, and vice versa. As I recall, a flyer screamed at her bases in finals at Worlds this year...
Better yet a flyer came down at worlds the base had a nasty look on his face and then busted his tumbling pass. Karma is not nice sometimes!!!

I remember the Panthers incident when it happened. Wasn't the flyer a fill in on the team which made it that much worse when it happened? I imagine though that the coaches weren't too happy for the base acting like that.

Back