High School Tension In A Stunt Group

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I must admit...I WAS one of those girls when I cheered. My best friend and I cheered together and spent so much time together we were like sisters. We had known each other since we were 4, so there wasn,t much that much that didn't know or share about each other. The problem was that we awould also fight like sisters.

Telling us to leave our problems off the mat or that we were affecting the rest of the team didn't work. I think you will find in situations like that, when people are bored...trouble is there. When you are working together toward a new skill or goal, they don't have time to argue. Whenever my coach realized anyone on the team was having issues, like us, she would suddenly have a new stunt sequence or tumbling pass or dance, that we had to learn together. We would be so obsessed with getting it before the other stunt teams or making sure we weren't the ones falling behind, we didn't have time to argue, we worked together to accomplish the goal and were proud of each other. She was a sneaky coach, but it made our team even better! I would even say GREAT!

my flyer one time gave me attitude, and she was really ungrateful she was the biggest flyer (not saying shes was fat, just taller muscler) and i was the only reason why she flew becuz i could lift her! but one time we were warming up our stunt and we were doing good and she just cradle/fell on herself and she kicked my finger/broke it and it hurt so bad couldnt move it and she was, like oh yoour over exaggerating and just making rude remarks! (trust me I wasnt) it hurt so bad and she was like saying I sucked and stuff lucky I didnt drop her purposly every1 was mad her for being so rude!!

I think its so wrong to see flyers boosing/being rude to bases especially where the ones tossing them :)

my flyer one time gave me attitude, and she was really ungrateful she was the biggest flyer (not saying shes was fat, just taller muscler) and i was the only reason why she flew becuz i could lift her! but one time we were warming up our stunt and we were doing good and she just cradle/fell on herself and she kicked my finger/broke it and it hurt so bad couldnt move it and she was, like oh yoour over exaggerating and just making rude remarks! (trust me I wasnt) it hurt so bad and she was like saying I sucked and stuff lucky I didnt drop her purposly every1 was mad her for being so rude!!

I think its so wrong to see flyers boosing/being rude to bases especially where the ones tossing them :)
AMEN.. ugh i had to main base the most ungrateful girl ever.. she was 2 years older and anytime the stunt would fall for whatever reason, she always blamed us and if we told her to do something to help save the stunt she would let us have it..

AMEN.. ugh i had to main base the most ungrateful girl ever.. she was 2 years older and anytime the stunt would fall for whatever reason, she always blamed us and if we told her to do something to help save the stunt she would let us have it..

yea when she browk my finger, she tried to blame us for the reason why she fell, saying u guys didnt have me, whatever that means!! we had her up and she just gave up and fell purposly!!!

a good attitude goes a long way. some of my all star coaches that coach a high school team will cut girls that have bad attitudes,, if the girls are capable of working out the issues than great if not, then they will have be cut from the team, a hard but reasonable lesson.

So annoying. Another reason why high school cheer can get a bad reputation from fellow athletes. You don't see football players refusing to play on the same line as a rival/sibling/someone they don't get along with. If they did the coach would tell them to suck it up or leave. It'd be awesome if teenage girls could learn to be team players.

Back