All-Star Thanks Fierceboard

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am so glad I got to meet you and to coach your daughters.... Even if it was just for a minute! I say between you quitting cheer, and me not coaching - We have more time to go grab a drink - With your two favorite 'Chicago Shore' boys!!!

If anyone has any ideas for how to get cp to change her mind I welcome them. :oops:
Ways to change your daughter's mind while still making her think it's her own decision to come back.......:
1. Subtly position all sorts of "cheer triggers" throughout the house such as photos, memorabilia, the gym logo drawn in pepperoni on top of the dinner pizza, etc. to make her miss it often
2. Make her summer boring, so that she'll beg to go back to the gym
3. Tell her cheer friends to post lots of pictures on facebook of them having fun at practice, so she'll want to go back
4. Visit the gym to (insert believable reason here) after doing errands as often as you can. The more she is there without "having to be there" for practices, the more she'll miss it.
5. Train her with operant conditioning, so that subconsciously she'll want to go back. Talk about cheerleading? Chocolate. Thinking about cheerleading? Chocolate. Example: The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Trains Penny - YouTube
6. Perform brain surgery and/or brainwashing sessions.

Just some suggestions.

I will miss your posts on here. if you are ever back in Fairport please get in contact with me! would love for you to come watch a game or competition! and maybe bring your little one to a practice with me :)

So people can't be scout masters if their kid doesn't participate?

How would charities operate if everyone had to have a child involved?

Sometimes there are things that need your attention and passion and knowledge and you do it.

As long as you're not named Sandusky.
If you truly believe cheerleading is a sport, you are as entitled to remain a fan as the beer-swigging, nacho-munching gang parked in front of the TV for NFL season. Most of them not only don't have a kid on the team, they never did. ;)

Do what most of us semi-retirees do...take a break when you want, pop in when you want! Who else understands the twisted mindset of a once-upon-a-time cheer mom besides the people here?

Really?? Like everyone else said - you are one of my favorite posters. I relate to you so well! Come on, you need the drama that is FB in your life! :)

I'm in the same boat with you..
The first week is hard, we stood there more than once saying what do we do today? The 1st practice after she left she cried a little because she missed her team do much but now dance is all she talks about!
We are taking the summer off and this fall Phoebe starts her journey to "be Chloe".
I still have an 8 year old that really wants to cheer so we will see if she trys out for next season.
I could never imagine not being a part of FB after all these years so I will continue to lurk and post every once in awhile!

I'm in the same boat with you..
The first week is hard, we stood there more than once saying what do we do today? The 1st practice after she left she cried a little because she missed her team do much but now dance is all she talks about!
We are taking the summer off and this fall Phoebe starts her journey to "be Chloe".
I still have an 8 year old that really wants to cheer so we will see if she trys out for next season.
I could never imagine not being a part of FB after all these years so I will continue to lurk and post every once in awhile!

Phoebe is now dancing? aww good luck to her.

Yes....we didn't stop cheer because she wanted to...unfortunately that decision was made due to my dad having a stroke. She decided that she wanted to try dance and since there is no commitment in dance classes we went with it. The little one is doing gymnastics but may demand cheer next season...lol

I am so glad I got to meet you and to coach your daughters.... Even if it was just for a minute! I say between you quitting cheer, and me not coaching - We have more time to go grab a drink - With your two favorite 'Chicago Shore' boys!!!

TwistersPride and I want in on this date too. Also, Just-a-Mom, please still come to Indy this year. And since I know how much you love this one too... :enjoyshow:

Back