All-Star Thanks Usasf For Killing My Cps Love Of The Sport!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheetahmom

Cheer Parent
Nov 14, 2010
My cps has given 9 years of her life to this sport and has always had a challenge to work for and the reason why we both loved this sport! With the new rules they have single handily killed her love of the sport. She literally started crying when I told her no standing fulls no two to doubles or two to fulls and no whip doubles. Why are they punishing kids and telling them to quit reaching for more? It's the coaches who vote this stuff in but it's your responsibility to teach them correctly. Don't do this!!! You are killing the sport! Talk about vanilla cheerleading!

---
I am here: Google Maps

i know it stinks for the kids that have been and still are working hard to reach these goals but you have to look at it from the other side too... not even many olympic gymnast do standing fulls and when they do its on beam and you dont really see it that often...and no matter how well you teach a full/double full all it takes is one wrong landing to mess you up..a girl in my gym just torn her knee again because she landed the wrong way in her full and she is a magnificent tumbler!

I'm just sad about it and so is my CP. She is now thinking about quitting All Star cheer, continue High School cheer and go back to gymnastics. She stated to me I worked 1.5 years to perfect my standing full and now that I have it I can't throw it, at least in gymnastics I can progress & have the motivation to actually win something. I understand the concern but there are other ways of handling this and taking it away just may not be the answer. Find another solution...training, certifications, major deductions for not landing...whatever it may be there are options.

Is it possible that she could love doing other tumbling skills?

Someone is going to come up with the next "IT" skill and everyone is going to work on it. I don't think its as big of an issue.

Is it possible that she could love doing other tumbling skills?

Someone is going to come up with the next "IT" skill and everyone is going to work on it. I don't think its as big of an issue.
yes it is but when you as a parent have spent thousands on privates and conditioning and your cp has worked for years on skills to have them taken away in a puff of cyber air before they were even on a senior team is a little disheartening to want to try to learn new stuff.... whats on the chopping board next?? Front tumbling???? hmmmm all these tumble coaches that are not qualified to teach standing fulls and bounding must be real experts on that.....
(Don' t mean to be fresh at you Rich just a very broke frustrated mom that takes her childs sport and safety very seriously and has a lot more years of skin in the game)

(Don' t mean to be fresh at you Rich just a very broke frustrated mom that takes her childs sport and safety very seriously and has a lot more years of skin in the game)
I'm not taking it that way at all. I've had heated discussions with some great friends about this that I don't see Eye to Eye with.

It's great to get the opinions of the people who are funding this sport for the most part.

You're not going to like what I have to say, but I'm saying it anyway. If eliminating a few skills is "killing her love of the sport"....perhaps she doesn't love cheering. Maybe you should look at putting her into tumbling and trampoline.

Narrow minded of you to say miss bee. If tumbling is what they love, especially standing tumbling then let it be. Tumbling is why she loves it, she loves to push herself in that aspect of cheer. Yes taking such a harsh stance on standing tumbling does completely change her outlook on the sport. Everyone is different no need to judge. That's her opinion and she's completely entitled to it.

---

Narrow minded of you to say miss bee. If tumbling is what they love, especially standing tumbling then let it be. Tumbling is why she loves it, she loves to push herself in that aspect of cheer. Yes taking such a harsh stance on standing tumbling does completely change her outlook on the sport. Everyone is different no need to judge. That's her opinion and she's completely entitled to it.

---

She is....like I said, maybe look into power tumbling or trampoline....might be a good option for her if she can take or leave the stunting and jumps and it's just the tumbling that she loves.

She is....like I said, maybe look into power tumbling or trampoline....might be a good option for her if she can take or leave the stunting and jumps and it's just the tumbling that she loves.
Everyone has their favorite part of the sport and tumbling is an individual aspect of our sport so it is up to only us what we achieve. Yes you work on jumps, yes you work on your dance (stunts are a group thing) but tumbling really takes self motivation and work to achieve it. When you put in so many hours and effort it suck to hear that someone is going to set the bar for you and not let you explore further talents and skills.. With all that being said a change to one aspect of the sport can be very meaningful to some.. Doesn't mean they don't love the rest of the sport though...

Back