Thanks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2014
It has been a pleasure meeting all the coaches, competitors and parents at many of the events that took place all over the country this year. Airbac is proud to be a part of this amazing and welcoming family.
It was nice to see those of you who attended the Worlds over the weekend. We appreciate the positive and exciting feedback about our backpacks and shoe bags. Please feel to contact me if you have any questions regarding our products and or our fundraising program. Orders are being place now for the new season . See attached prices for bulk orders . http://airbac.com/shop/cheer.html

this is like the 19th time you've tried to promote your dang product. we get it. we got it 15 posts ago. i commend you for actually using the search bar for the word backpack. you did not, however, need to bring back and post in every single thread with the word backpack in it.

furthermore, since you've posted your info so many times, i did browse your site. and your "scientific study" is crap. you may have the best product since sliced bread, but you are not presenting yourself in a way that i would want to work with you.

this is like the 19th time you've tried to promote your dang product. we get it. we got it 15 posts ago. i commend you for actually using the search bar for the word backpack. you did not, however, need to bring back and post in every single thread with the word backpack in it.

furthermore, since you've posted your info so many times, i did browse your site. and your "scientific study" is crap. you may have the best product since sliced bread, but you are not presenting yourself in a way that i would want to work with you.
dammit, now you made me want to look at the site.

Just took a quick look and since the concept to reduce back pressure is to lift the object up wouldn't a properly fitted regular backpack work the same and if the airback isn't also fitted or work properly wouldn't the same problems occur?

From what I can recall observing all backpacks are oversized and worn improperly because of how much stuff need to be crammed in them

dammit, now you made me want to look at the site.

haha, well let me rephrase. the three tests they did could have produced valid results, but they only studied one 65yr old, 205 pound man on one occasion. clearly not the demographic they are marketing to and for a study to really be valid, the results have to be reproducible. they also quote the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American College of Sports Medicine out of context to make it seem they are behind the product, which bothers me. and they use someone else's possibly valid study about backpacks causing upper back pain and add in stuff about their backpack. the study was not done on their product, so again, kind of just false advertising. and their brief study was funded by them, which is red flag #1 on "scientific studies." it's also not actually published in any reputable journal or peer reviewed, so i'd hardly call it a study to begin with.

just found it odd that they have SCIENTIFIC STUDY it's own tab on the website when they could have just left that whole bit off and i would have thought nothing of it.

haha, well let me rephrase. the three tests they did could have produced valid results, but they only studied one 65yr old, 205 pound man on one occasion. clearly not the demographic they are marketing to and for a study to really be valid, the results have to be reproducible. they also quote the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American College of Sports Medicine out of context to make it seem they are behind the product, which bothers me. and they use someone else's possibly valid study about backpacks causing upper back pain and add in stuff about their backpack. the study was not done on their product, so again, kind of just false advertising. and their brief study was funded by them, which is red flag #1 on "scientific studies." it's also not actually published in any reputable journal or peer reviewed, so i'd hardly call it a study to begin with.

just found it odd that they have SCIENTIFIC STUDY it's own tab on the website when they could have just left that whole bit off and i would have thought nothing of it.
so more of a sales pitch then?

so more of a sales pitch then?

yes. when the company itself is funding research on it's own products, it's usually a good reason to be skeptical. i am also currently taking a class on deciphering research and writing and conducting my own research projects so maybe i'm just hyper sensitive to this whole area (actually, i know i am:oops:.) also conducting research on one person, one time doesn't mean anything. if they shared all that information solely as marketing materials it wouldn't bother me, i just don't think it's currently valid and is deceiving to someone who will look quickly and see all of the scans and X-rays and assume that it must be a superior backpack because they see "science."

i'm in school to be a chiropractor, so i am obviously all about things that benefit spinal health. like i said earlier, this product could be the greatest thing out there. i'd actually be interested in conducting my own research on the backpack. i just think they've presented themselves all wrong. but most people probably wouldn't look that far into it. sometimes i just rant for fun :p

yes. when the company itself is funding research on it's own products, it's usually a good reason to be skeptical. i am also currently taking a class on deciphering research and writing and conducting my own research projects so maybe i'm just hyper sensitive to this whole area (actually, i know i am:oops:.) also conducting research on one person, one time doesn't mean anything. if they shared all that information solely as marketing materials it wouldn't bother me, i just don't think it's currently valid and is deceiving to someone who will look quickly and see all of the scans and X-rays and assume that it must be a superior backpack because they see "science."

i'm in school to be a chiropractor, so i am obviously all about things that benefit spinal health. like i said earlier, this product could be the greatest thing out there. i'd actually be interested in conducting my own research on the backpack. i just think they've presented themselves all wrong. but most people probably wouldn't look that far into it. sometimes i just rant for fun :p
If i see my chiropractor anytime soon I'll try to remember to mention the airback to him. He loves doing research and stuff.

If i see my chiropractor anytime soon I'll try to remember to mention the airback to him. He loves doing research and stuff.

yes, i'd love to hear feedback from anyone in the field! i probably came across as cray-cray but i look at all of these things as something i could potentially be recommending to my patients in the future. but in order for me to do that i need to be 100% confident in the product, as well as be willing to use it myself. i'm still in school and get approached constantly about herbs and cleanses and oils to sell my patients in the future. i asked one man to show me research and he came back with a pamphlet with testimonials on how the oil cured cancer. uhhh, yeah that is why the classes on debunking research is required, i think lol

currently the American Chiropractic Association backs North Face backpacks. @AirBac maybe that's something to consider - sending them or the orthopedic/sports medicine associations a backpack and letting them do their own research and potentially supporting you. just a thought.

Ok I understand thanks . All of the large retailers love the bags and did their research also . The bags are selling like crazy . It is a solution to a heavy backpack. It was a third party who ran the test not us . Try it you will love it like so many others if not we will understand thanks .

All you need to do is try it and you will feel the difference . So far not one person has said they don't feel the difference . It works !! Thanks .

We have not posted 19 times we posted twice . It was other people who love the bag and who tried it and love it . I guess they might want to rep the product because they love it so much.

yes, i'd love to hear feedback from anyone in the field! i probably came across as cray-cray but i look at all of these things as something i could potentially be recommending to my patients in the future. but in order for me to do that i need to be 100% confident in the product, as well as be willing to use it myself. i'm still in school and get approached constantly about herbs and cleanses and oils to sell my patients in the future. i asked one man to show me research and he came back with a pamphlet with testimonials on how the oil cured cancer. uhhh, yeah that is why the classes on debunking research is required, i think lol

currently the American Chiropractic Association backs North Face backpacks. @AirBac maybe that's something to consider - sending them or the orthopedic/sports medicine associations a backpack and letting them do their own research and potentially supporting you. just a thought.
Thanks

My son received one of your bags as a Majors Champion. He absolutely loves it. He's only 18, but tends to be fairly level headed about things and is not very brand conscious. He generally buys things he likes because it suits him not because of who made it or where it came from. He swears it's significantly different than any backpack he has ever owned and we've bought lots of high dollar, well reviewed backpacks in the past. It's not a scientific study, but a personal observation. Thanks for the backpack. I'll be purchasing one for my daughter.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back