All-Star #that Awkward Moment When Cheer Takes Over

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i did a project on the history of cheerleading once for my ap us class! (it was our post-exam project that we could do on anything) i focused more on the recent changes in the sport (i.e. all-stars, worlds, the creation of special needs cheer, etc) and actually changed my teacher's view of cheerleading. He was impressed by the inclusiveness of the sport.

Also that awkward moment when you do NCA camp cheers (switch it change it rearrange it!) outside of camp...and nobody knows what's going on.

so today in english my teacher was saying how parents would call her up and tell her that their kid should have a better grade and and how they have all of these lame excuses for the kid not doing their homework and it reminded me of the suzie videos

I think pretty much all of mine have been said (I gave a ton of shimmies)...I tend to break out in cheer music in mid conversation when I start saying something like "Oh I was just lookin"..then I go "E-P-I-C you lookin' ;) @PullandPray23 haha Even my boyfriend says that one now. I also sometimes only know how to count to 8 and I even give a starting 8 count while doing something..my sister and I were lifting a table the other day and we both went "ready, lift on 1. 5, 6, 7, 8 lift 1, 2.." I think my Mom laughed for a good 5 minutes.

Cheerleading isn't just a sport, it's a life style :)

I wish I could shimmy this 1000x ;) I pretty much love you...just sayin

when someone talks about a town a famous cheer gym is in (freehold, nj, marietta, ga, kernersville, nc, etc.) and you want to say "that's where X is!"....then you remember that person would have no idea what you're talking about

Haha I do this in another way! I work for AT&T wireless and I answer customer care calls when people call in to complain!
Anyways I always look at their address to see what city it is, then I look to see if they have a family plan-
Because if they do they probably have kids or listen to see if I hear them in the background!
The second I think they may have kids I ask if they cheer or do they cheer for X gym.

For example the other day I got a call from a customer who was in kernersville and I could hear a girl in the background. I was like does your daughter cheer; she was like yes! I was like oh CEA is pretty awesome.
She was like my daughter cheers for a rec league or something!
I was like oops lol

Also had an older woman who was in Texas and she asked me did I have a kid I was like yea she cheers for CCE it's competitive blah blah blah. She was like oh my granddaughter does that for some louisiana cheer force or something. Anyways I was like two weeks ago our teams went to panama city and I know they competed their too. She said yeah her granddaughter went I then was like oh what level is your grand daughter on? she was like hold on I will text her and find out, she ended up being sr2 so even though the gym my cp cheers for doesn't have sr2; we didn't compete against them at that level! We still compared everyone else! I don't remember now why she called in but I'm sure AT&T is probably wondering why some of my calls are really long haha!

Back