All-Star The Allstar Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

:jawdrop:Seriously $145? Does anyone know how difficult/easy it will be to get to one venue to the other?

:jawdrop:Seriously $145? Does anyone know how difficult/easy it will be to get to one venue to the other?

It was set up very well last year. You could sit in one location and see everything. Not sure about the set up this year but I am sure that wont be an issue.

Back in the day Vegas used to be a cheap trip from Charlotte. I've been watching airfare from six different airports (from Atlanta to raleigh) and it has never gotten under 500/ticket. Earlier this week it was at 665/ticket.

Not. Even. Kidding.

I never realized just how expensive flying east to west is (especially to a weekender haven like vegas) the sticker shock is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the day Vegas used to be a cheap trip from Charlotte. I've been watching airfare from six different airports (from Atlanta to raleigh) and it has never gotten under 500/ticket. Earlier this week it was at 665/ticket.

Not. Even. Kidding.

I never realized just how expensive flying east to west is (especially to a weekender haven like vegas) the sticker shock is real.

:( I dislike that!

Not. Even. Kidding.

That makes 2 of us. Tickets leaving Friday coming back Monday (and considering the time we need to be there to make our meet time) are holding steady at around $650ish...per person!! One of our Moms bought hers Wednesday and paid $1450 for 2 tickets. I can't even...I need a drink just thinking about it.

That makes 2 of us. Tickets leaving Friday coming back Monday (and considering the time we need to be there to make our meet time) are holding steady at around $650ish...per person!! One of our Moms bought hers Wednesday and paid $1450 for 2 tickets. I can't even...I need a drink just thinking about it.
It's insanity. I've been watching it fir 3-4 months and it's not moving in any direction but up. I think we're all hyperventilating together. It's ridiculous.

The high travel costs are why I decided not to bring Beatles to Champions League and any of our teams to The Allstar Games. The sport is already so expensive for our families. Keeping travel costs low has really helped build our program. Just the level 5 teams fly to one competition a year and that's Dallas. All the rest are within 5 hrs driving distance. Our Level 1-4 teams never attend an event which they fly too

The high travel costs are why I decided not to bring Beatles to Champions League and any of our teams to The Allstar Games. The sport is already so expensive for our families. Keeping travel costs low has really helped build our program. Just the level 5 teams fly to one competition a year and that's Dallas. All the rest are within 5 hrs driving distance. Our Level 1-4 teams never attend an event which they fly too
Champions League is costing me double what it did last year. For all of the West coasters who complain they have to travel East and there should be competitions on the West Coast - it isn't even the flights that are the killer. The hotel is $100 more per night and I had a suite last year. The transportation to and from the airport is 3 times what I paid to rent a car in Atlanta last year. I imagine it will cost me $12 for a hamburger so I guess the Worlds diet is starting early. I would have gladly paid the airfare to LA to make things "fair" so y'all don't have to travel all the time, but I am not ok with all of the other costs that go with it. It is ridiculous.

Champions League is costing me double what it did last year. For all of the West coasters who complain they have to travel East and there should be competitions on the West Coast - it isn't even the flights that are the killer. The hotel is $100 more per night and I had a suite last year. The transportation to and from the airport is 3 times what I paid to rent a car in Atlanta last year. I imagine it will cost me $12 for a hamburger so I guess the Worlds diet is starting early. I would have gladly paid the airfare to LA to make things "fair" so y'all don't have to travel all the time, but I am not ok with all of the other costs that go with it. It is ridiculous.

We recently just paid $800 to fly out east (it would have been $1600 if we flew back Sunday.) I remember being able to fly to Europe for $800. :(

The other sucky part...time difference. Competing at 8am is like competing at 5am. Eek!!

I hear you. Two nights in LA for CL is costing me more than 4 nights at Disney world for summit last year.

We recently just paid $800 to fly out east (it would have been $1600 if we flew back Sunday.) I remember being able to fly to Europe for $800. :(

The other sucky part...time difference. Competing at 8am is like competing at 5am. Eek!!
But what did you pay for hotel, car rental, food, etc.? As I said, I expected the high airfare to fly across country, but all of the other costs make it unfeasible.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Last edited:
I hear you. Two nights in LA for CL is costing me more than 4 nights at Disney world for summit last year.
Hence the reason our team decided to drop CL. Originally the family had to split and the boys were going to CL and the girls to ASG since they're the same weekend (which is another level of sucky....and expensive). But CL came off the schedule because it's just too dang expensive to get there with no potential benefit or payback for the kids (or us). Yay for that decision!

Back