All-Star The Bump/pouf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If none of this works, talk to her coaches. It's not a good idea to tease black/biracial hair, it cause permanent damage, (which is why it takes forever to grow back) which means you'll have to do the big chop, which is hard for adults and especially young girls. Sometimes coaches don't know that you can't treat our kids hair like their teammates hair and you have to explain it to them;you don't want to cause permanent damage to her hair for cheer. Good luck, I hope you find something that works!

Teasing isn't good for anyone's hair. I just brushed out the teased pony from showcase and CP definitely lost hair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you get a hair doghnut and cut up about a quarter and pin it under the pony you get instant volume and no teasing.

Helen, can you elaborate a bit on the cutting? I'm not quite picturing what you mean? Do you cut out the part of the donut where you attach it to the scalp?

Helen, can you elaborate a bit on the cutting? I'm not quite picturing what you mean? Do you cut out the part of the donut where you attach it to the scalp?

Basically you just cut the doghnut into quarters or thirds like a pizza then you take one section hold it so the curve points up like a sad face, place it right under the pony and pin the dognut there . then just lay the hair over the doghnut and you have instant volume. to get bigger volume buy A bigger thicker doghnut

I used the comb donut thing for CP's pouf for a time, but it ended up being more hassle than it was helping. Good to know I might find other uses for that net part. Thanks, y'all!!!

@Helen uk uni cheer Quick question: so if you flipped your pony over, you'd see a ball of netting? Not a huge worry--just making sure I get what you're describing!

I used the comb donut thing for CP's pouf for a time, but it ended up being more hassle than it was helping. Good to know I might find other uses for that net part. Thanks, y'all!!!

@Helen uk uni cheer Quick question: so if you flipped your pony over, you'd see a ball of netting? Not a huge worry--just making sure I get what you're describing!

yep you do which doesnt look the best but one idea might be if hair is thick enough is lay a thin section over the dognut and pin it over to cover it but tbh it should be fine

Back