All-Star The Bump/pouf

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We just had show offs last weekend, I did 8 bumps and 5 faces in less than two hours. Did I mention there are only 16 girls on the team, so I did 50% of the hair!! :) Seriously, I believe I AM the bump whisperer!!! Using the little clear bands was key. Also making sure the hair was straightened (at least the part for the bump) made making them smooth and pretty so much easier. Oh and my CP has thin curly hair...so I use a hairpiece that I got from cheerhairpieces.com and it is the best $20 I ever spent!! Good luck "bumping"!

The little rubber band,seriously is a lifesaver if your cp hair won't hold the tease, or your struggling! You could also try the no tease trick. Get the area of the poof wet with moose or hairspray, then blow dry it up until dry. It should stand straight up, then take rubber band and shape and pin it down.

Last edited:
We just had show offs last weekend, I did 8 bumps and 5 faces in less than two hours. Did I mention there are only 16 girls on the team, so I did 50% of the hair!! :) Seriously, I believe I AM the bump whisperer!!! Using the little clear bands was key. Also making sure the hair was straightened (at least the part for the bump) made making them smooth and pretty so much easier. Oh and my CP has thin curly hair...so I use a hairpiece that I got from cheerhairpieces.com and it is the best $20 I ever spent!! Good luck "bumping"!
Would you mind sharing a picture of the hairpiece? I've been looking, but they all look so fake!

Would you mind sharing a picture of the hairpiece? I've been looking, but they all look so fake!
Sure thing, I'll look for one. And then try and figure out how to post it on here. My CP has the "winner" style in color "spirit"... And it is an EXACT match!

3ebfe137fde8fe107960ec6e7e98c89c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The little rubber band,seriously is a lifesaver if your cp hair won't hold the tease, or your struggling! You could also try the no tease trick. Get the area of the poof wet with moose or hairspray, then blow dry it up until dry. It should stand straight up, then take rubber band and shape and pin it down.
Can you do this with the pony? Need ways NOT to tease my girl's hair. It breaks it off and since her hair is biracial hair :) it takes forever to grow back like not just months but FOREVER lol.

Can you do this with the pony? Need ways NOT to tease my girl's hair. It breaks it off and since her hair is biracial hair :) it takes forever to grow back like not just months but FOREVER lol.
That is one reason I use a hairpiece for the pony...teasing her thin hair does such damage.

I'm not sure how high it would stay, but it's worth a try. Have you tried putting Bobby pins in the ponytail to hold it up? When cp had short hair I couldn't tease the top layer bc there was barely enough to go up and over so I Bobby pinned the crap out of the pony tail

Have you tried stacking the elastics for the pony? It will make the hair higher.

The way her hair is, it actually does it's own natural spoofing up. It's high on its own (the pony) just because of the way her hair is. BUT at CEA the pony is teased WAY high. So even though her hair naturally goes up high, it's not high enough for CEA. I will try stacking and bobby pins though. Thanks.

The way her hair is, it actually does it's own natural spoofing up. It's high on its own (the pony) just because of the way her hair is. BUT at CEA the pony is teased WAY high. So even though her hair naturally goes up high, it's not high enough for CEA. I will try stacking and bobby pins though. Thanks.

If you get a hair doghnut and cut up about a quarter and pin it under the pony you get instant volume and no teasing.

Back