All-Star The Cheeropedia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have lots of respect for @RulesGuy Remember the sport has thus far taken rules that has been passed on by the industry and refined by the sport.

This effort is an attempt to take the current rules and clarify them based on the inputs of the experts WITHIN the sport with no regards to industry influence. The term "of the people, by the people" comes to mind.

I would hope the sport's governing body takes this effort under consideration.

It wasn't a reference towards him. I think he pushes for the good of the sport in the parameters he has.

I have lots of respect for @RulesGuy Remember the sport has thus far taken rules that has been passed on by the industry and refined by the sport.

This effort is an attempt to take the current rules and clarify them based on the inputs of the experts WITHIN the sport with no regards to industry influence. The term "of the people, by the people" comes to mind.

I would hope the sport's governing body takes this effort under consideration.

As for the cheeropedia since this could quickly (if done correctly) take off (especially overseas) it is part of the reason i am considering fixing some of the issues I see. I also have the luxury of recreating all this for the betterment of the sport. While in legal terms a platform in Allstar might be where you hold one foot in the air and the other dangles, I can think that is silly and a 'dead leg'.

So good consideration while naming these things to make sure they correctly describe what people do and how safest to attempt said skills.

I didn't reference him because he would be the obstacle, I meant the opposite. While it still has a ways to go, the USASF is the most established governing body in any form of competitive cheer. His acknolwedgement of the effort (if he is allowed to) would go a long way to unite the effort of true standardization.

I am also thinking of zipping up the entire website once ever couple months and making it downloadable (videos, pictures, articles... everything) so if someone wanted to take it with them and translate it they could. Thoughts?

I am also thinking of zipping up the entire website once ever couple months and making it downloadable (videos, pictures, articles... everything) so if someone wanted to take it with them and translate it they could. Thoughts?
great idea

I'm so terrible with editing and I'd probably screw everything up, so I thought I'd post it to someone who could fix it: I noticed in the glossary section- if you're looking to link sections together (like when barrel roll says 'See Log Roll'), the link you go to click takes you to another page instead of the thing you're referencing (when I click 'Log Roll', it takes me to edit the page about Log Rolls instead of down to where Log Roll is defined). I don't know if that's just because I'm in some sort of 'mode' instead of just viewing the page like everyone else. If I'm not and others find this to be an issue, can someone correct it? Unless we WANT it like that, but I assumed that we were trying to have it correlate with the preferred term's definition.

I think this is a great idea! Congrats! Ive always looked for ONE place where I could watch videos and see pictures to learn what all the new stunts are, etc. With YouTube I always end up with the same few videos!

Added some jump stuff. Are the instructions clear? What is missing?

Added some jump stuff. Are the instructions clear? What is missing?

I think it would be great to also have the video in "slow motion" to be able to see the details better. Or maybe have step-by-step pictures.

I think it would be great to also have the video in "slow motion" to be able to see the details better. Or maybe have step-by-step pictures.

Will work on that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

well, i am most certainly no cheer guru, but i would most certainly be more than willing to help in any way possible.

Just a suggestion for anyone adding definitions to the skills. Type it in word first and then copy and paste it onto the cheeropedia site. It will cut down on spelling and grammar issues.

Not that it is a HUGE deal, but I think "jump to standing double" could be added under the jumps section where it talks about levels

Back