All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

snipers haven't gone in the past couple of years or so that i've noticed, and i'm not sure why they don't. i've also wondered about code/district 3 not going given that they're a powerhouse in their division.

side note, 28 of 32 cali teams advanced to finals (hit list may not be comprehensive):

black jacks
bluettes (hit)
cadets
commanders (hit)
couture,
clique
crystal (hit)
deuces (hit)
fierce 4
glam
j fab (hit)
j-money (hit)
j2 crew
junior black (hit)
midnight (hit)
miss mafia
pink
onyx
pistols (hit)
platinum
roulettes
s4 (hit)
sable (hit)
so fab
sr silver
white gold
wild cards
youth elite

That's great!

Side Note- Cali has the most random assortment of team names. How do they come up with these?

That's great!

Side Note- Cali has the most random assortment of team names. How do they come up with these?
There's somewhat of general themes at the different locations, though some names still seem random. Vegas has like Vegas-y names haha (roulettes, j-money, etc), Ontario has like gems/minerals (onyx, crystal, sable, etc), San Marcos has a lot of the like actual division type names (S4, J4, youth elite, etc), Ventura has some colors (jr pink, jr black), Livermore has a lot of military type names (militia, black ops, young gunz, etc). But then there are several that fit into these categories that are at different locations, so idk.
I was going through their teams yesterday for the website I'm making and found somewhat of a general pattern

I'm a visual person... I like seeing numbers so not seeing scores at all sucks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know several of our scores so I could tell you but that doesn't really help when you can't compare them to the other scores in the division!!

I have all of small y1 scores but I don't know if anyone wants that division.

Long Island Cheer Prodigy- 1AF I think

One of the little girls was tumbling with one arm! Whip through to doubles with one arm. Wow they were amazing!

Just saw a video of this... her arm is broken, so how is it legal? She has what looks to be a hard, plaster cast which was illegal last time I checked. She is most definitely flying in all the stunts and pyramid and the rule states, "A participant wearing a plaster cast or a walking boot must not be involved in stunts, pyramids, tumbling or tosses."

Just saw a video of this... her arm is broken, so how is it legal? She has what looks to be a hard, plaster cast which was illegal last time I checked. She is most definitely flying in all the stunts and pyramid and the rule states, "A participant wearing a plaster cast or a walking boot must not be involved in stunts, pyramids, tumbling or tosses."
Because (sarcasm intended) that just shows what am amazing fighter she is. Omg aren't cheerleaders amazing and such team players!
I am sure she was fully cleared by her doctor.

(oh rules? Surely you jest! Now just remember don't hug too long or that will cost you...)

Because (sarcasm intended) that just shows what am amazing fighter she is. Omg aren't cheerleaders amazing and such team players!
I am sure she was fully cleared by her doctor.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at the logic. I wouldn't be surprised if her doctor didn't even know, though to be fair she truly isn't using the arm; it's on the outside of the pyramid and she's tumbling with one arm.

If it's a soft cast, she's fine but it most definitely looks like a hard plaster one.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at the logic. I wouldn't be surprised if her doctor didn't even know, though to be fair she truly isn't using the arm; it's on the outside of the pyramid and she's tumbling with one arm.

If it's a soft cast, she's fine but it most definitely looks like a hard plaster one.
As an athletic trainer for these events, I have had several times where I am asked to inspect a kid coming off the floor for something that looked illegal from the judges riser, and they wanted verification. I get a voice in my ear saying "check athlete on front right of mat for_______" earrings, casts, etc....

Side note: most of these girls are competing without true medical clearance. Their doctors have no idea what all star cheer is (they think of sideline chants and cheers, no stunting), or they have no idea that the young lady they put in a boot or splint for 6 weeks takes it off every time she hits the floor. That, and absolute ignorance as to: a) what asthma really is, b) how (and when) to properly use an inhaler, or c) what being out of shape is like compared to actually having asthma.

Can't tell you how many times I have had a kid, clearly getting air in and out with no problem, sucking on an inhaler 4-5 times after a routine (after 2-3 before), then wondering why they pass out? Ugh... I often ask: "why the inhaler?", since there is no airway constriction obvious.... Many times I get this: "my chest really hurts after competing and running". Well, no kidding, mine does too. But I don't have asthma... I'm out of shape.

Sorry, rant over.

Oh wow. I didn't even realize she had a cast on! Shows how closely I'm paying attention lol! Just saw an up close video of her pass from yesterday on Twitter and it does very much look like she has a hard cast, but It looks to be wrapped up by something.

ETA I'm wondering how often that rule is actively enforced because I have definitely seen girls, last season and this season, basing with boots on at major competitions.

Back