All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, they were. Other teams got bids (Twinkles and YE I believe), but chose not to go due to cost.

I don't know the 'why's' behind why they went this route, but CEA YE competed at the One this weekend; also in Orlando, April 29-30th. It appears, after looking at the schedule, that a lot of CEA teams were also there.

Has anyone heard that ECE Y5 competed against nobody in their division? I wonder why any other Y5 team didn't make it to the Summit.(I could be wrong though, maybe the others went to D2, but that is highly unlikely, as WC and CEA's Y5 teams are apart of the D1 gym)
Update: I just went onto the varsity D2 summirmt page, and no Y5 team is there.
Youth Elite went to The One Championships this weekend. My kid has been racing back and forth between that team and her Summit team for the past 2 days. CP was pretty bummed about not getting to defend her two Y5 Summit championships. But Ladybu5s are uncontested this weekend at Summit.

Youth Elite went to The One Championships this weekend. My kid has been racing back and forth between that team and her Summit team for the past 2 days. CP was pretty bummed about not getting to defend her two Y5 Summit championships. But Ladybu5s are uncontested this weekend at Summit.
Any idea as to the reason they chose that comp over Summit? I know it was likely unknown when the decision was made, but they would have had competition at the Summit.

I also noticed that there are unlimited crossovers allowed at the One, this could play into the reason why there are so many CEA teams there...

Has anyone heard that ECE Y5 competed against nobody in their division? I wonder why any other Y5 team didn't make it to the Summit.(I could be wrong though, maybe the others went to D2, but that is highly unlikely, as WC and CEA's Y5 teams are apart of the D1 gym)
Update: I just went onto the varsity D2 summirmt page, and no Y5 team is there.
I believe (but not 100% sure) when ECE Y5 made the decision to go there were other accepted Y5 bids, so they were not aware they would have no competition.

It's hard enough to coordinate crossover conflicts at one competition... how do you even coordinate having kids crossing and competing at two competitions on the same weekend? That's insane. I would not agree to that as a parent. I might also be twitching a little and biting my tongue, because it's not a secret I can't stand the way CEA uses crossovers.

It's hard enough to coordinate crossover conflicts at one competition... how do you even coordinate having kids crossing and competing at two competitions on the same weekend? That's insane. I would not agree to that as a parent. I might also be twitching a little and biting my tongue, because it's not a secret I can't stand the way CEA uses crossovers.
I am so with you right now. This is blowing my mind, and not in a good way.

ETA: Like how does the timing work. Usually you can tell the comp that you have crossovers and they can adjust the times accordingly. Do you just say, "Oh we have athletes competing at a completely different comp down the street, so can you change this around for us?"

I am so with you right now. This is blowing my mind, and not in a good way.

ETA: Like how does the timing work. Usually you can tell the comp that you have crossovers and they can adjust the times accordingly. Do you just say, "Oh we have athletes competing at a completely different comp down the street, so can you change this around for us?"

Of the two, I'd guess The One was easier to move teams around for... But, hey, maybe this is a way around the "you can only compete on 3 teams" rule? I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

Back