All-Star The D1 & D2 Summit 2016 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Deleting my post because I sound like a sore loser.

I just wish y'all could of watched that division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That should have been a 1.25 deduction. Not a 0.75 deduction. But I'm gonna be a good sport and smile :) because it's always sunny in our world

I saw a Japanese cheer team and dance and both were wonderful! Question, though.. how do they get bids? All of the backdrops still say "All Levels National Championship." I am not against them (or the Canadian teams at Summit this season) being there, but how do you get a bid internationally to a national championship in another country? I assume the Canadian team went to a Northwestern US comp? But Japan? Do they send video? Do they just ask to come? Or is there a bid comp in Japan I am missing?

There is a bid comp in Europe (The European Open in Disneyland in November) where teams from Europe can get bids to the Summit. I guess there is a similar competition in Asia/Japan.
The Summit is also not advertised as a national championship - at least I haven't seen that so far.

There is a bid comp in Europe (The European Open in Disneyland in November) where teams from Europe can get bids to the Summit. I guess there is a similar competition in Asia/Japan.
The Summit is also not advertised as a national championship - at least I haven't seen that so far.

I hadn't seen it advertised that way, either. I just noticed this season (and don't remember seeing last season) that it says All Levels National Championship on every backdrop. Why call it that if you want it to be a world championship? Weird. But thanks for the info, I didn't know! Did the European winners attend this season?

@Perkyninjamomma

I thought y'all were fabulous! Plus your uniforms are amazing'! I love the different colors! Tell your daughter congrats on an amazing performance!

I hadn't seen it advertised that way, either. I just noticed this season (and don't remember seeing last season) that it says All Levels National Championship on every backdrop. Why call it that if you want it to be a world championship? Weird. But thanks for the info, I didn't know! Did the European winners attend this season?

I would say yes. I haven't found the official bid recipients but three of the teams that won Summit bid divisions at Spring Open in May 2015 and European Open in November 2015 are on the Summit 2016 schedule :
- LS4 : Charmers Cheerleading - Enchanted (Norway)
- LS4 : TSG Bergeedorf (Germany)
- SSC4 : CheerForce (Germany) - ICE

The gym I cheered at, Maine Stars, just won Large Youth 2 at the D2 Summit!!! Their Large J3 placed 4th! Large Senior 2 hasn't had awards yet, but regardless all 3 teams they brought made finals which is great! They did have fairly small division sizes though as they were all in the large category, but it's still awesome! And I know they competed against no one, but my "cheer little sister" just won the Summit with ECE Y5 and I'm so proud of her! She had to sit out most of the season due to a broken leg, but she's been back for a few comps now and is doing great!

13076980_10208282904724089_8715037291586768025_n.jpg

Back